Where is the imagination pavilion in the new EPCOT?

tl77

I can't imagine they will do anything with Imagination until Spaceship Earth and Central spine are complete, it would be too many Future World attractions down at once

The new young dude at Imagineering overseeing EPCOT, Zack Riddley, mentioned "the little purple dragon" and "signing fruit" in his remarks. I felt like Epcot was in good hand with him in charge, he seems to understand what fans loved about the Original Epcot, because he too was a fan of the original Epcot.

Plus almost all the new things they did mention were reminiscent of original aspects of Epcot, then new icons/logos, the fountain out front, the new 3 tiered event space looks like it fits in with the original "world's fair" concept, "updating" Spaceship Earth instead of gutting it and filling it with comic book movie crap and cartoon characters... even the PLAY! pavilion seems like the original games at Wonders of Life, The Communicores and Image Works games, which makes me think that maybe the first floor of Imagination will be "all ride space" again some day ...here's hoping

Last edited:

JohnD

Imagination is in World Celebration (as is Odyssey). TT is in World Discovery.

sdflk4560954836-800x400.jpg

prberk

It would seem to me that the technology has caught up to make the turnstile floor from the original Imagination work well if they tried (which was both an innovation and a maintenance issue, as I understood it, in the beginning). And with other innovations they could actually rebuild "Imagination" to its former glory; and with a few modern flourishes, including a fun second floor, it would really shine again. I don't know why they don't just do that.

JohnD

It would seem to me that the technology has caught up to make the turnstile floor from the original Imagination work well if they tried (which was both an innovation and a maintenance issue, as I understood it, in the beginning). And with other innovations they could actually rebuild "Imagination" to its former glory; and with a few modern flourishes, including a fun second floor, it would really shine again. I don't know why they don't just do that.

I'm begging for a modernized Imagination 1.0.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm begging for a modernized Imagination 1.0.

It’s just plan looney that they haven’t updated the current attraction to be more like the original. Keep the current layout, have Dreamfinder introduce figment on the first video and have him host the tour. Put in the original audio where possible, and throw up one of the original Dreamfinder flying machines where you make the turn for the open house. Just that would make the fans go crazy.

JohnD

It’s just plan looney that they haven’t updated the current attraction to be more like the original. Keep the current layout, have Dreamfinder introduce figment on the first video and have him host the tour. Put in the original audio where possible, and throw up one of the original Dreamfinder flying machines where you make the turn for the open house. Just that would make the fans go crazy.

I'm with you 1000%. Of course they can insert the original audio with Chuck McCann as Dreamfinder and Billy Barty as Figment. Re-create the original sequence around the wheel exactly. Once you enter the ride, I don't mind bringing it up to 21st Century standards but keep the voice track.

Epcot82Guy

I will continue to say it. Creating Mystic Manor using the original JII basic storyline would be an easy reuse of existing park tech. Then expand and add onto the Image Works to now be hosted by Imagineering - and basically host the East Coast version of the Blue Sky Loft at DCA. It would pay huge fan service, take an attraction with an IP (of sorts) based on a very popular original attraction and have a concept where you could easily swap out individual components rather than having to do a whole replacement (like Haunted Mansion) - solving the "future" problem.

bUU

I find it dumb that Spaceship Earth is receiving it's 4th remodel (the last one was in 2008) and yet we're still stuck with the crap Imagination ride from 2002... I feel like Imagination should get the priority seeing as it stands it direly needs updating and a refurbishment.
I don't think we know what is happening with Imagination yet. Again, experience has shown that there's very little upside and loads of downside to providing details of future plans to guests.

trainplane3

I'm with you 1000%. Of course they can insert the original audio with Chuck McCann as Dreamfinder and Billy Barty as Figment. Re-create the original sequence around the wheel exactly. Once you enter the ride, I don't mind bringing it up to 21st Century standards but keep the voice track.
Ron voiced a chunk of the original ride as well and doesn't live far away either. Can always record new and keep it faithful to the original.
Hopefully they'll fix this in the refurb. (The leak under SSE, at ride entrance)

View attachment 402765
I'm hoping that's part of it too. I got to experience this on my last trip.

prberk

Ron voiced a chunk of the original ride as well and doesn't live far away either. Can always record new and keep it faithful to the original.

Who is Ron again? (Sorry, brain not catching up right now. You are quoting a post that mentions only "Chuck" and "Billy".)

Anders Limpar

I'm hoping that's part of it too. I got to experience this on my last trip.

I thought he only voiced two lines. The couplet that rhymes outerspace and infinite place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom