Where is the imagination pavilion in the new EPCOT?

blizzbeachbum

Original Poster
I was reviewing all of the new info that came out of D23 on Sunday and couldn't find any info on the imagination pavilion. At first glance I thought the imagination pavilion was located in World Nature, which doesn't really make sense. Upon closer review it looks like it is located in World Celebration; however, none of the information I've read/viewed mentions imagination as being located there. Did I miss something or was the imagination pavilion completely ignored/not mentioned?

Cmdr_Crimson

I was reviewing all of the new info that came out of D23 on Sunday and couldn't find any info on the imagination pavilion. At first glance I thought the imagination pavilion was located in World Nature, which doesn't really make sense. Upon closer review it looks like it is located in World Celebration; however, none of the information I've read/viewed mentions imagination as being located there. Did I miss something or was the imagination pavilion completely ignored/not mentioned?

Short answer to everything we were hoping for...

Nothing mentioned, nothing announced...Not a Spark of Inspiration we were hoping for.

blizzbeachbum

Original Poster
I just find it really concerning that it wasn't mentioned at all when describing the new areas (Worlds) that used to be known as future world.

Captain Neo

I felt as though the EPCOT model was highlighting all the pavilions that would be receiving significant updates. But alas, thus far we have no confirmation of this notion.

I thought that too but I saw some pics on micechat of the other side of the model and it had living seas and I think test track too.

I’m shocked they didn’t announce a coco overlay of Mexico after so heavily hinting at it on both the model and the Mexico poster and especially since they have been shameless about stuffing in more IP...sorry I mean more “magic”

Hotamber

I think they are holding some cards back as Universal will be announcing more about their new park. Plus with Figment they do not seem fully committed even though it's a great IP with many options as South Park showed in their parody movie Imagination land. My guess is a Figment movie needs to be made to justify that it is still a viable IP or less likely they listen to the fans who have kept Figment merchandise a top seller at WDW for decades

bUU

I bet Disney has learned a costly lesson about sharing details with fans - the more details they share about things several years away, the more fans will be inclined to delay trips that they would otherwise take this year. By our behaviors we've trained Disney to be vague, and to hold back information until they basically have to share it to explain why they're putting up construction walls.

montyz81

I just find it really concerning that it wasn't mentioned at all when describing the new areas (Worlds) that used to be known as future world.
From what I read, nither was Test Track. But we could have read different things. I don't see Test Track going anywhere anytime soon.

tnemgif

I also found it concerning that the new attraction poster for Imagination doesn’t represent the current attraction. So it feels more like an ode to a former attraction, rather than the promotion of a current or upcoming attraction.

Jon81uk

I bet Disney has learned a costly lesson about sharing details with fans - the more details they share about things several years away, the more fans will be inclined to delay trips that they would otherwise take this year. By our behaviors we've trained Disney to be vague, and to hold back information until they basically have to share it to explain why they're putting up construction walls.

And this is what Universal already do. Hagrids coaster wasn’t officially announced until about three to six months before opening. They did all the demolition before announcing anything.

Cmdr_Crimson

I also found it concerning that the new attraction poster for Imagination doesn’t represent the current attraction. So it feels more like an ode to a former attraction, rather than the promotion of a current or upcoming attraction.
Nothing about the Imagination Institue side or the Shrink Ray for HISTA..Heck they didn't even have a Ellen's Energy Adventure one either..

TrainsOfDisney

The imagineer who talked about Epcot mentioned liking figment as a kid, crowd cheered, and then he said something like “but that’s not the important part, the important part is the idea of Epcot”

I kinda wonder if figment won’t be in a new scene in spaceship earth...

Epcot82Guy

I had that fear, too. While I can see pulling him to the icon attraction as an idea. It really misses the boat of SSE IMHO. We'd have to see how it was done. But, to lose two iconic attractions into a hybrid one (and, frankly, another IP attraction in the "old" JIIwF space, which we all know would happen) would be disappointing.

DCLcruiser

I watched the EPCOT presentation and Imagination!, Figment or Dreamfinder were shown or referenced at least 5 times. Plus the "model" at D23. This gives me hope that we will see an upgrade in the future.

General Mayhem

I find it dumb that Spaceship Earth is receiving it's 4th remodel (the last one was in 2008) and yet we're still stuck with the crap Imagination ride from 2002... I feel like Imagination should get the priority seeing as it stands it direly needs updating and a refurbishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom