Where is the Eiffel Tower?

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
Where exactly does the Eiffel Tower in Epcot sit? I think they could of had a cool attraction like Las Vegas if they would have made it accessible to the guests. Just wondering...HeHe

Heyyall

Originally posted by DisneyGrl85
Where exactly does the Eiffel Tower in Epcot sit? I think they could of had a cool attraction like Las Vegas if they would have made it accessible to the guests. Just wondering...HeHe

The Eiffel tower in Epcot is in the France Pavillion in World Showcase. I don't get the Las Vegas thing, could you explain what you mean?

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
The Eiffel Tower at Epcot is basically just a background set to make France look a little more like France unlike the Eiffel Tower at the Paris hotel in Las vegas which is an actual structure which you can go in and up and has a restaurant....

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
So it sits in a little square building? Interesting...I love the behind the scenes things. I understand it's just for decoration but it would be cool if it were an attraction.

BenS

Originally posted by DisneyGrl85
So it sits in a little square building?
On, not in. Huge difference. ;)

I also have a thing for behind the scenes stuff. I wish I could go on a Backstage Magic tour but you have to be 16. Oh well, we may not be able to get back to WDW for another year, so maybe I can go then :)

cloudboy

I take it it is back, then? Last I had remembered it was not there. Kind of wierd. My friend and I were looking at France saying "something's missing" until it finally occured to us they took out the Eiffel Tower.

josh_e_washie

wait a second...that can't make sense...i know that the eiffel tower is 1000 metres tall...and that a fact I read said it is 1/10 the scale...so that would mean that it is 328 feet tall..that makes NO sense...can someone help me here? Is it 1/20 the scale?!! Ahh! I think I opened a pandora's box on the boards!:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you shrank to 1/10 of your size you would fit in.... try Body Wars, and walk out before your are blown back up to regualr size.... :lol:

Brandon

Eiffel Tower

If any of you have ever been behind the scenes you would not want to have an attraction that is above the park. All of the magic occurs out in the parks at ground level. All of the junk is behind the scenes.

Moustronaut

Originally posted by josh_e_washie
wait a second...that can't make sense...i know that the eiffel tower is 1000 metres tall...and that a fact I read said it is 1/10 the scale...so that would mean that it is 328 feet tall..that makes NO sense...can someone help me here? Is it 1/20 the scale?!! Ahh! I think I opened a pandora's box on the boards!:lol:

yep... ya sure did.

And just to stoke the fire, the Eiffel tower is only about 1000 FEET tall. The official website lists the total height as 324 meters.

Yea I admit, I looked it up. I was curious!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom