Where is the best view of "Wishes"

MMOUSE07

Original Poster
Hey,

I am travelling to WDW this weekend and wondered if anyone had any suggestions about the best place to view wishes at Magic Kingdom?

Thanks

Keith

Hummer1676

I have been there for a couple of shows and the best viewing area for it that i have found was at the top of the railroad area overlooking the castle. You do have to get there early, but you have an amazing view of the castle and the fireworks. It makes for some amazing photo's.

IROC it

I'd say as close to dead center in the hub, in between the Partners statue and the "street" - where you can look through the hallway of the castle while seated...

Just be prepared to sit there for 2 - 2+ hours ahead of the show in order to see it there...

If not straight forward... anywhere in the hub is the best IMO...

The railroad station is good too (at park entrance) but you'll get the Main Street lighting around the front in your pictures too.

Just remember... the earlier you decide to wait it out, the better choice of the premium spot.

For example, we waited an hour before and got a spot just left of center in the hub... and then another night we park hopped over from EPCOT and made in just before Jiminy started talking and we sat at the MSRR Station... with less than 2 minutes before the start...

You can see it from anywhere inside MK... even into MK's parking lots - but the soundtrack is best in the hub.

Have fun!:cool:

PhotoDave219

The "sweet spot" for the show is in the middle of main street, on the bridge that leads to the hub, just past Caseys and the Ice Cream Parlor.

The Train Station keeps you from being able to see (and photograph) all the low level castle effects. The buildings on Main Street Block them.

A phenominal fireworks shot is just in front of the partners statue with a super wide angle (14-17mm) lens during a perimiter show.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The "sweet spot" for the show is in the middle of main street, on the bridge that leads to the hub, just past Caseys and the Ice Cream Parlor.

The Train Station keeps you from being able to see (and photograph) all the low level castle effects. The buildings on Main Street Block them.

A phenominal fireworks shot is just in front of the partners statue with a super wide angle (14-17mm) lens during a perimiter show.
Dave is correct. That spot is definitely the best spot for the fireworks. Another place that I have found that is pretty nice, especially for Tink's flight, is the bridge to Tomorrowland.

Chezman1399

I like the bridge on Main Street in front of the hub. You are far enough away from the castle where it is not blocking your view. It does not crowd up too early, so you don't usually have to wait a ton of time.

hcswingfield

A spot we enjoy is the patio in front of the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. You can sit in a chair at a table and enjoy the show, and not be shoved by crowds.

mpoppins76

A spot we enjoy is the patio in front of the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. You can sit in a chair at a table and enjoy the show, and not be shoved by crowds.
My spot used to always be the bridge to Tomorrowland. This last trip, we discovered this spot (Noodle Station) and I will never go back! :) It was so nice to be able to sit after a long day. :)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I like to be about 50 yards in front of the Partners Statue. However, on trips when I'm not up for staking out that spot 90 minutes early, I like to watch the show from just off the hub, kind of moving towards Adventureland. The view is good, and you can usually get a spot there just before showtime.

jimjjr

During our last visit, we stayed at the GF. Outside of the main building, next to the quick service restaurant, you can get a table, a drink, and watch Wishes from a distance. They pipe in the music and you can use the telescopes if you want, but it was SO pleasant because after the show, it was awfully easy to get away without the crowds. Even if you aren't staying there, you can still hop right on the monorail, boat, or bus to get where you need to be. Try it!

PeoplemoverTTA

I used to be a fireworks "traditionalist" and only viewed Wishes from the hub area. Then, I happened to be in Liberty Square one night and watched it from there, behind the bell.

There were no people talking through the entire show, which happens nearly every time to me when viewing in the hub area, a speaker was right above my head...it felt like I was one of only a handful of people in the park. Now, this is my favorite spot to view the show, and I'm able to walk up literally seconds before show time with no pressure and very few people.

Now, I will say; however, that for the first time seeing any fireworks show, I recommend viewing it from the "sweet spot."

MissM

I don't like this spot. We wasted over an hour waiting around to sit and enjoy it from here. However, the overhang makes a lot of limited view. Places you'd think you would be able to see it, you can't. Plus, they don't turn the lights off here so it's bright and distracts from the show. Additionally, the CM's that work the area are VERY STRICT and won't let you move chairs or arrange things in any way. It HAS to stay exactly as planned. So if you try to drag a chair from one table to another for example, they make you put it back.

Anyway, this was my least favorite spot, despite thinking it'd be good. I'm much more of a lower Hub area person myself. There's some decent views in front of Crystal Palace if you get stuck and can't get further, though a lot of limited views because of trees. (And they don't turn off the lights there either.) The Tomorrowland bridge isn't bad. Just don't get too close to the Castle. You see a lot of people move all the way up front. Nope, too close. You'll kill your neck trying to see. Also, don't be behind the castle. Got stuck back there once and it was like watching a tennis match. Things were going back and forth from two spots above you. Really hard to watch. Also, if you're going to be there more than once, a fun thing to do is see Wishes from Big Thunder. It's more lucky accident than plan but I've done it before and it's great fun.
-m

brianhorn

Last time we visited we had dinner reservations at narcoosse's at the Grand Floridian and found the view from the restaurant windows to be an excellent spot. They dim the lights and pipe in the wishes music. For us the timing was great we where just finishing up desert and it was the perfect ending to a nice evening

Captain Hank

For a first-timer, I'd definately recommend the Main Street/Hub area. However, I happened across a really great viewing location completely by accident. Tomorrowland, along the corridoor between Mickey's Star Traders and the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. You do miss out on most of the castle effects, but you get a surprisingly perfect view of everything else. Also, few (if any) decide to view the show from there. That whole section of the park is pretty much deserted at that point.

Other good places for a non-first-time viewing are the TTC near the Ferry boat dock, and the beach of the Polynesian, outside of the Great Ceremonial House.

hcswingfield

I don't like this spot. We wasted over an hour waiting around to sit and enjoy it from here. However, the overhang makes a lot of limited view. Places you'd think you would be able to see it, you can't. Plus, they don't turn the lights off here so it's bright and distracts from the show. Additionally, the CM's that work the area are VERY STRICT and won't let you move chairs or arrange things in any way. It HAS to stay exactly as planned. So if you try to drag a chair from one table to another for example, they make you put it back.

Anyway, this was my least favorite spot, despite thinking it'd be good. I'm much more of a lower Hub area person myself. There's some decent views in front of Crystal Palace if you get stuck and can't get further, though a lot of limited views because of trees. (And they don't turn off the lights there either.) The Tomorrowland bridge isn't bad. Just don't get too close to the Castle. You see a lot of people move all the way up front. Nope, too close. You'll kill your neck trying to see. Also, don't be behind the castle. Got stuck back there once and it was like watching a tennis match. Things were going back and forth from two spots above you. Really hard to watch. Also, if you're going to be there more than once, a fun thing to do is see Wishes from Big Thunder. It's more lucky accident than plan but I've done it before and it's great fun.
-m

If you get close enough to the outside wall, the overhang isn't a problem. And if you are there during a time when TTNS is not open (which seems to be most of the time), nobody will hassle you about moving chairs. And to be clear, I'm not talking about the tables directly in front of the food service counter, I'm talking about the tables on the patio that juts out toward the rose garden. I had NO problem at all with any obstrcution of view. But if you don't like it, that's fine. More room for Vern and me! :wave:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

Was a nice spot for us too until a bunch of smokers showed up and lit up.....:shrug:

kirst_al UK

We watched it from the Polynesian beach - looked brilliant and dead romantic but unfortuately dont get the full effects with music, atmosphere etc - ideal tho if want to miss the crowds but not wishes !!!

Tom Morrow

My favorite spot is also Main Street, but not at the hub - in the middle of the street near Casey's. The music is amplified by the Main Street buildings being on each side, and you still get a great straight on view of the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom