Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm actually surprised. Through all of the school closing I've still been waking up between 7 and 8 every day. I thought I'd be past 9 by now. I mean, I technically had to wake up for work, but I really could have worked whenever I wanted. I just had some meetings to attend, but those were either late morning or early afternoons.

I still get up at my normal school time too.....5:30 am. I only live a block from school, but I like to relax with coffee before going to work. In the summer I get up that early so I can get my morning walk in before it gets too hot.

Songbird76

We are expected to be in the school buildings as well.
Very glad regarding that!
Today was the day our 5th graders returned their books to the school and received their yearbooks.
All the parents lined their cars up and all teachers lined the sidewalk in front of the building. The cars then paraded by us and we did a "5th Grade Wave Off".
That must have been hard to teach band from a distance! How do you correct embouchure and such without being there?

Songbird76

Strike 2 for the newish neighbours two doors down! 🤬

I’m on the front lawn with my 1.1 kg puppy trying to get her to pee, and their 80 lb+ mutt comes for a visit. Ski scoops up the pup and leaves me out there.

Priorities.
Was their mutt at least friendly or was he aggressive? My daughter's friend at school had a little puppy not much bigger than Daisy and they were out walking and someone had their massive dog not on a leash (against the law) and it bounded over and grabbed the little dog and shook it, killing it. Probably best that Ski scooped Daisy up before anything could happen to her. WHY don't people put their dogs on a leash??

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Was their mutt at least friendly or was he aggressive? My daughter's friend at school had a little puppy not much bigger than Daisy and they were out walking and someone had their massive dog not on a leash (against the law) and it bounded over and grabbed the little dog and shook it, killing it. Probably best that Ski scooped Daisy up before anything could happen to her. WHY don't people put their dogs on a leash??
Seemed friendly. Mostly just happy to be wandering free. Dogs love that.

Me: Hey you, you’re not supposed to be here. Git on home.
Newish neighbour: (Insert dog’s name, didn’t actually hear it) come.

Dog, returned home without a backward glance at me, which is the best one can hope for, I guess. I am ridiculously dog phobic, and Ski claims that he was coming back for me if necessary.

SteveBrickNJ

That must have been hard to teach band from a distance! How do you correct embouchure and such without being there?
Since they already had "in person" instruction from me up until March 13th, it was very doable.
I could see them on my laptop via Zoom just fine.
Sometimes there were audio issues. In many cases with Zoom, it's needful to speak louder than if someone was
sitting across from you at your dining table or whatever.
Using a 1 to 10 volume scale, during a clarinet lesson at school I might speak at level 4.
Yet on Zoom I spoke at level 7.
Many kids didn't understand the need to do that. Some did.
Yet with many students I either had to strain to hear their speaking voice or I constantly reminded them by cupping my hand up
to my ear.....eh?.......what? 😄
No problem hearing their instrumental music sounds. Zoom did a great job passing along the brass and woodwind sounds.
Percussion was spotty.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And the fireworks start again. They are the ones that go way up in the air. This is a residential area.

Hope that these are being set off from a large open space or lake front.

Just saw a local news report the other night. A few of the smaller cities and some towns have had an increase in activity. Aside of the noise and the issues that causes (lack of sleep, PTSD individuals freaking out, and frightened animals), the fire chief was warning about the dry conditions. An M-80 landed on the roof of a house, roof caught fire, and the entire (3-family) house went up in flames. A similar type of house fire scenario happened a few cities away from that, but someone saw a smoldering fire on a porch -- and the fire department made it there quickly and put it out. Don't hesitate to call the cops, peeps -- it's your house, your land.

PUSH

Original Poster
Hope that these are being set off from a large open space or lake front.

Just saw a local news report the other night. A few of the smaller cities and some towns have had an increase in activity. Aside of the noise and the issues that causes (lack of sleep, PTSD individuals freaking out, and frightened animals), the fire chief was warning about the dry conditions. An M-80 landed on the roof of a house, roof caught fire, and the entire (3-family) house went up in flames. A similar type of house fire scenario happened a few cities away from that, but someone saw a smoldering fire on a porch -- and the fire department made it there quickly and put it out. Don't hesitate to call the cops, peeps -- it's your house, your land.
It was the house two lots down, but the lot between us is empty. Still too close.

Goofyernmost

20 minutes and two bloody finger pricks later, I have successfully tightened all the loops on my face masks.

I have some child sized ones, but the style and material are different, and I just can’t breathe.

We are a small-headed family. 😷
I hope you appreciate that I am currently exercising the most restraint that I have ever done, to not comment on that statement. You're welcome! However, please don't leave me an opening like that in the future because I might not be able to have that much control again.

Disney Crazed

Hiya everybody. I am back. I see food is still really important here. I hope you didn't forget me. I had something really sad happen to my family and just didn't feel up to posting for a bit. My Great Nana died and it made me really sad and even Disney stuff I didn't want anything to do with. I hope this place can make me happy again. :)

NYwdwfan

Hiya everybody. I am back. I see food is still really important here. I hope you didn't forget me. I had something really sad happen to my family and just didn't feel up to posting for a bit. My Great Nana died and it made me really sad and even Disney stuff I didn't want anything to do with. I hope this place can make me happy again. :)
So sorry for your loss. :(

Songbird76

Condolences to your family. That must be hard. Hopefully you'll get back into the swing of things again soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom