Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Why does it matter?? Either you like the house or you don't. People move...just because you love your neighbors today doesn't mean they won't move tomorrow. And just because you don't like them doesn't mean they'll be there forever. What does he mean by "Other builders"? Is he looking at a lot of different houses, or does he move a lot?
There are at least a dozen Builders offices with 2 minutes drive of my site. I would expect that he has compared everyone’s prices and talked to at least half of them.

Mike and I car-pool (when we’re going to the office that is), because his office is only 5 mins away from mine. Now that we’re working from home, it’s very obvious that the same people are calling and emailing, because they call me and then five minutes later call him and try to use my much lower prices to negotiate on his last house. Our homes aren’t even comparable in terms of size, location, or finishings, so it’s ludicrous that people insist he drop his price a quarter of a million dollars to match mine.

And yes, people move often. Especially in a market of rapidly escalating house prices. It’s how they start off in a $350,000 house 8 years ago and live in a million dollar house now.

Disney Crazed

How big is my house house well my mom and dads house. I guess it is big enuff. It has 4 bedrooms one for mom and dad which they have there own bathroom which is connected to their bedroom. Then the other 3 bedrooms are mine and my 2 younger sisters. The one thing I hate is we have to share a bathroom. Ugh!!!! We have a nice living room with a small fireplace and then a dining room where we do all our home school stuff and then off of that is the kitchen and then moms work office space. The yard is cool and not super big but big enuff.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
How big is my house house well my mom and dads house. I guess it is big enuff. It has 4 bedrooms one for mom and dad which they have there own bathroom which is connected to their bedroom. Then the other 3 bedrooms are mine and my 2 younger sisters. The one thing I hate is we have to share a bathroom. Ugh!!!! We have a nice living room with a small fireplace and then a dining room where we do all our home school stuff and then off of that is the kitchen and then moms work office space. The yard is cool and not super big but big enuff.
You sound blessed.

Hubby grew up in a family of 9 - 2 parents/7 kids, in what we call “wartime houses”. 1 bathroom, 3 bedrooms, 9 people, 900’ish square feet. 😲

Songbird76

I figure he already knows this, but there are electrical voltage adapters for various countries. I recall years ago when I visited Ireland, I had a small box of adapters that I brought with me. (The only thing I needed them for was just my hair dryer at the time.)

However, when my friends and I travelled from B&B to B&B across the country, all of them had loaner hair dryers for our use! :hilarious:

(Hence, I didn't need my adapters after all, but I did try one just to see if it worked, and it did. :) )
Oh we have adapters, but there are also differences in the voltage and with more expensive equipment, you want to convert that as well. I melted my curling iron when I visited here. It got way too hot.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Last weekend we went to the lake and shared a bathroom with five teenaged girls. It made me not excited about sharing a bathroom with my daughter when she's done. There's a bathroom in the basement that's functional but not pretty. I'm going to have to make sure to get that remodeled the next five or seven years 😂😂

Disney Crazed

Last weekend we went to the lake and shared a bathroom with five teenaged girls. It made me not excited about sharing a bathroom with my daughter when she's done. There's a bathroom in the basement that's functional but not pretty. I'm going to have to make sure to get that remodeled the next five or seven years 😂😂
My mom is so lucky b/c she only has to share with my dad who takes seconds in the bathroom. I just turned 13 and am the only teenager out of my sisters. I am not the worst though. My 10 year old sister is by far the worst. My 8 year old sister doesn't really care and mom or I help her anyway. We also have a half bathroom if that is what they are called downstairs with just a sink and toilet.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My mom is so lucky b/c she only has to share with my dad who takes seconds in the bathroom. I just turned 13 and am the only teenager out of my sisters. I am not the worst though. My 10 year old sister is by far the worst. My 8 year old sister doesn't really care and mom or I help her anyway. We also have a half bathroom if that is what they are called downstairs with just a sink and toilet.
Half baths are commonly called “powder rooms”, and a bathroom exclusively joined to a bedroom is an “ensuite”. 👍

Songbird76

Usually when people are asking about the neighbors, they aren't along about their personalities..... Another way you'll hear this phrased is: how are the schools?

How big is your house? My house is small by American standards, but almost all the houses in my neighborhood are. Mine comes in at 1k sq ft. We have about 650 sq ft on the main floor, and then A has a really cute loft in the attic:

View attachment 474280
View attachment 474281

It's plenty of house for us, but my friends definitely thought i was crazy moving is into such a small house 😂😂
Square footage wise, I couldn't tell you, but your A's room looks about the same size as our master. Or maybe E's room, and the play area looks about a little bigger than my A's room. Our kitchen is tiny. There's barely room to pass each other if one person is standing there, and appliances are a lot smaller here and we had issues because we wanted a dishwasher AND an oven, which a lot of Dutch people don't have ovens. And we wanted a full sized fridge (they call it an American Fridge here)....there's not much space for anything else. It's a very small house....probably not a whole lot bigger than a 3 bedroom apartment.

InnKpr

I was just paging through a celebrities without makeup slide show and the before photo for Dolly Parton was actually Nicolette Sheridan. :hilarious:
We try to keep Dolly's many identities a secret in these parts. She wears coats of many colors, and is secretly the person behind many famous celebrities in the area. Reba McEntire, Louise Mandrell, and Peyton Manning are three that I can confirm are actually Dolly.

Elvis was rumored at one point, but was proven to be an identity of Conway Twitty.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Usually when people are asking about the neighbors, they aren't along about their personalities..... Another way you'll hear this phrased is: how are the schools?
The weird thing is, he is exactly the demographic of people who live in the neighbourhood. The entire neighbourhood. Most of the city, in fact.

Brampton is literally nicknamed “Browntown”. He is brown. His neighbours are brown. 73.3% of Brampton’s population are deemed “visible minorities”; which is a ridiculous term, because in Brampton I am the visible minority.

Maybe he wanted to make sure I wasn’t his next door neighbour. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Songbird76

The weird thing is, he is exactly the demographic of people who live in the neighbourhood. The entire neighbourhood. Most of the city, in fact.

Brampton is literally nicknamed “Browntown”. He is brown. His neighbours are brown. 73.3% of Brampton’s population are deemed “visible minorities”; which is a ridiculous term, because in Brampton I am the visible minority.

Maybe he wanted to make sure I wasn’t his next door neighbour. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Could he have been worried about racism against him? Maybe he was asking if he was likely to be targeted?

Songbird76

You never know. We have 1 bathroom, and then an extra toilet and we have 4 people. I have a teenaged daughter...just turned 14 last week and we have never had an issue.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
You never know. We have 1 bathroom, and then an extra toilet and we have 4 people. I have a teenaged daughter...just turned 14 last week and we have never had an issue.

I'm of the mind I'd rather be prepared 😂😂 my sister used to take hour long showers. We only had one bathroom and we all ended up just peeing in the yard because we couldn't hold it long enough for her to finish 😂😂

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Could he have been worried about racism against him? Maybe he was asking if he was likely to be targeted?
He’s one of the 73.3%!
That stat is actually for the whole city, in my sales area, it’s probably upwards of 95%.

No, I think he wanted to know the last names of his neighbours so he could discern from which part of India his neighbour hailed. Almost all Sikhs are Punjabi, but not all Punjabi are Sikh. He needs a last name to figure it out.

NYwdwfan

For the longest time the only person that showered in our downstairs bathroom was my daughter's best friend. Now my daughter has taken a liking to that shower as well. I'm glad she's found her own space because she's in the bathroom a solid 45 minute when she goes in there. I think she puts on a face mask and puts a towel on the floor and takes a nap before she actually gets in the shower.

NYwdwfan

He’s one of the 73.3%!
That stat is actually for the whole city, in my sales area, it’s probably upwards of 95%.

No, I think he wanted to know the last names of his neighbours so he could discern from which part of India his neighbour hailed. Almost all Sikhs are Punjabi, but not all Punjabi are Sikh. He needs a last name to figure it out.
He needs to relax himself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom