Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
It’s different than Disney for sure - some parts are even better. The integration of nature and natural features is organic - nothing about that feels fake or forced like it can at Disney sometimes.

Blazing Fury is so hokey that it’s delightful. And I love a big drop that you can’t see coming.

The new section installed last year is definitely kid centric. Like the old Hannah-Barbera land at Canada’s Wonderland, there is probably no reason for Mike and I to hoof it over that way again next year.

I commented to Mike yesterday how beautiful and well done everything was, and he said it felt like the whole park was MK’s Frontierland. Agreed.

I hobbled around last year on what turned out to be a broken leg and torn meniscus that needed surgery. This year the hills were worse. There were surprisingly very few scooters compared to WDW. Not surprisingly, very few of those drivers knew what the heck they were doing either.

And @MinnieM123 , the religious aspects of Christmas were very much front and centre throughout the park. Dollywood doesn’t shy away from its Christian roots. It’s also a dry park, which doesn’t bother me one bit. We were offered a “blessed day” more times than I could count.
It’s a Dry Park???!!! 😧😫😢😭

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It does seem a little overboard since Jesus was a wine maker. He apparently approved. Thou shalt not consume alcohol must have been one of the other five commandments that got broken when Moses accidentally dropped one of the stone tablets on his way down the mountain.
I personally choose not to drink, but I am not opposed to it. Not only was Jesus’ first miracle the transformation of water into wine, apparently it was really good stuff. (John 2:9-10)

I am also on record as not being opposed to marijuana either, although I don’t indulge in that either. If it doesn’t hurt you, and it doesn’t hurt anyone else, most things are okay in moderation.

Milkshakes and coffee ... those are my happy beverages. Not bragging, but both of those ARE available at Dollywood.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I personally choose not to drink, but I am not opposed to it. Not only was Jesus’ first miracle the transformation of water into wine, apparently it was really good stuff. (John 2:9-10)

I am also on record as not being opposed to marijuana either, although I don’t indulge in that either. If it doesn’t hurt you, and it doesn’t hurt anyone else, most things are okay in moderation.

Milkshakes and coffee ... those are my happy beverages. Not bragging, but both of those ARE available at Dollywood.
Are they good milkshakes?

PUSH

Original Poster

I rarely drink. I could count on one hand how many drinks I had in 2019... and I'd probably still have fingers left over. I'm much more of a soda person, but I've limited myself to one can per day. I used to have multiple, multiple cans per day. Outside of that can, it's water 95% of the time for me. Over the summer I got crazy, though, and I added Crystal Light packets to it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wait a minute. You dare suggest that Dolly would sometimes make cheap knock-off's of Disney?? As a local regular visitor, I am offended... nay, I am appalled by this statement. Dollywood is it's own unique thing, and never steals pages from bigger fish. Thank you.

(This message sponsored by: Dolly's Flower And Garden Festival Flower And Food Festival, coming Spring of 2020.)
View attachment 438544

I always refer to WDW's Flower and Garden festival as Flower and Food, I might have to change that now.

Goofyernmost

They probably knew you were coming so they stocked up.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We went to Longhorn’s Steakhouse for dinner. Mike said my steak was better than his. Good thing he got to have 60% of it then. Plus half of my potato.

I am NOT filling up on bread.
4CE5FB27-B027-4268-A068-CC623FEDEEB1.jpeg

Guess which one isn’t mine.
87ACB3A8-D053-40E0-AC95-A5E901BB4E7E.jpeg

Stuffed mushrooms ... my favourite.
E3DA7717-B2B0-43BD-A198-1EA95328606F.jpeg

Yuck.
F4BE4B36-DBD0-4852-A0BB-42C089C00C78.jpeg

Yum.
63024A6E-F407-434D-B6AA-6AE7E20C364C.jpeg

This was mine. As I said, Mike says it was better than his. 🤷🏼‍♀️
C73B057E-D645-44AD-915B-8713A320333D.jpeg

Mike got Brussels sprouts, as he often does.
5F6A60F1-78EB-47A6-A46B-BAC7E569AB06.jpeg

We both declined dessert.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
After dinner, we went back to The Island again!
It was raining hard, but it’s supposed to rain tomorrow as well, and it’s not enjoyable being in the car for 12 hours when you’re all soggy.

We picked up a few gifts for the boys and went back to the moonshine store. Bought apple pie and butter pecan (goes nicely with coffee we were told) for Ski, and cinnamon for Mike.

Unfortunately we have now said our good-byes to @InnKpr and are back in the room with the fireplace going. The plan is to get up and go early ... but not 5:40 early!

Many thanks to @InnKpr for his kindness and hospitality, and we’ll definitely be back. Some of us should co-ordinate and finally have that Sageteer-palooza we’ve been talking about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom