Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
My favorite The Office episode is followed by one of my least favorite. The title of the episode is Todd Packer. I know we are supposed to hate him, but I hate him.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS , how are the home sales going? (I'm assuming spring and fall are your busiest seasons.)
Thank you for asking.
After only selling two houses all summer long, I sold four right after we got back from Disney.

I have a new release of towns:
22580B8A-1E27-4595-99C6-482A1A062DC9.jpeg

... and 41’ detached lots:
454CF8D4-24CC-464A-8178-BB74C1DB4409.jpeg

... coming this weekend. Believe it or not, these are pretty good prices.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This has not been my day.

Mike and I carpool to work. He drives to his office, and I then go to Horton’s before heading to mine a few minutes away. Today, as I got out of the driver’s side at my office, I smacked my bad knee. Badly. Didn’t swear. Didn’t cry - although I thought about it.

At the end of the day, I closed up early to show an inventory $1.1 million dollar home to two separate gentlemen.

It had been raining all day, and lucky me, construction dirt magically transforms to “slick as ice” mud. Two steps out of the car, and down I go. This time I do swear. Not a really bad word, but I did say it multiple, multiple times. The client rushes over to help me up, but I told him I needed a minute to assess the damage.

Another car driving by stops and gets out. Gentlemen, I need a minute.

Knee, thankfully in my brace ... seems okay.
Hip, not so much, but that thing is going soon anyway. Banged up my hand and cut it, but it’s my left hand, so I’ll live. Client and stranger help me up. I am fine (ish), but dreadfully embarassed.

I am muddier than if I had deliberately dove into a mud bath. I clean myself as best I can, and proceed. Probably making two sales out of it, so that’s good, right?

The second client, my buddy Lakhwinder offers to pull my car out so I don’t have to walk through the slick mud again. Yeah no, all I need is a customer falling. 😱

I thanked him kindly and told him I’ll just go through the passenger door. I then suggested he just get in his car and not look back, ‘cause it ain’t gonna be pretty getting over the centre console. You can’t un-see something like that.

Pick Mike up, he drives home. Getting out of the car, I smack my other knee. Hard. This time, I do cry. This time, I do swear. The big one. Multiple, multiple times. (Not the Lord’s name ... NEVER the Lord’s name.)

@Goofyernmost - if you get my name in the Christmas draw, I will have some of this after all.

68C38BEE-FF4D-414C-ACBF-AE39DD04E84F.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Mike and I carpool to work. He drives to his office, and I then go to Horton’s before heading to mine a few minutes away. Today, as I got out of the driver’s side at my office, I smacked my bad knee. Badly. Didn’t swear. Didn’t cry - although I thought about it.

At the end of the day, I closed up early to show an inventory $1.1 million dollar home to two separate gentlemen.

It had been raining all day, and lucky me, construction dirt magically transforms to “slick as ice” mud. Two steps out of the car, and down I go. This time I do swear. Not a really bad word, but I did say it multiple, multiple times. The client rushes over to help me up, but I told him I needed a minute to assess the damage.

Hip, not so much, but that thing is going soon anyway. Banged up my hand and cut it, but it’s my left hand, so I’ll live. Client and stranger help me up. I am fine (ish), but dreadfully embarassed.

I am muddier than if I had deliberately dove into a mud bath. I clean myself as best I can, and proceed. Probably making two sales out of it, so that’s good, right?

The second client, my buddy Lakhwinder offers to pull my car out so I don’t have to walk through the slick mud again. Yeah no, all I need is a customer falling. 😱

I thanked him kindly and told him I’ll just go through the passenger door. I then suggested he just get in his car and not look back, ‘cause it ain’t gonna be pretty getting over the centre console. You can’t un-see something like that.

Pick Mike up, he drives home. Getting out of the car, I smack my other knee. Hard. This time, I do cry. This time, I do swear. The big one. Multiple, multiple times. (Not the Lord’s name ... NEVER the Lord’s name.)

@Goofyernmost - if you get my name in the Christmas draw, I will have some of this after all.

View attachment 415826

OMG!!! What the heck??!!! I feel so bad for your knee injuries today. This is just crazy. And I know about mud being slippery (one time while walking down 57th St. in NYC, I slipped on some mud and hit the sidewalk). It's as bad as ice, sometimes. ☹

I'm assuming you're going to work today, regardless (not that I'd recommend that), but do you have a cane or something to perhaps lean on a bit? Hoping you'll just stay home and prop up your (worst) knee on pillows on the sofa. You made some big sales yesterday, so I'm hoping you'll just take today off. Please? 😟

Goofyernmost

I feel that way about Friends.
Actually, not to sound hypocritical (don't know how I can avoid it now) but, I never watched Friends when it was first on. After I had MY knee injury I was so bored that I started to watch it. It hooked me and I have probably seen every single episode so often that I can speak along with them. That doesn't happen often for me. I can think of only two others shows that I have seen every episode. The first is "Last Man Standing" that I never watched except in syndication and the other one is "Hogan's Hero's" that I saw as an original and later as a rerun. I watch very little TV as a rule, nothing against it, but, TV bores me to tears.

Goofyernmost

I'm starting to get worried about you. If you are that unstable (physically this time) at your age, what will you be like when you get to my age. I think it might be wise to become the "Girl in the Bubble". Please be more careful. Otherwise we can both go to WDW and have scooter races.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm starting to get worried about you. If you are that unstable (physically this time) at your age, what will you be like when you get to my age. I think it might be wise to become the "Girl in the Bubble". Please be more careful. Otherwise we can both go to WDW and have scooter races.

Scooter races . . . :hilarious:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
OMG!!! What the heck??!!! I feel so bad for your knee injuries today. This is just crazy. And I know about mud being slippery (one time while walking down 57th St. in NYC, I slipped on some mud and hit the sidewalk). It's as bad as ice, sometimes. ☹

I'm assuming you're going to work today, regardless (not that I'd recommend that), but do you have a cane or something to perhaps lean on a bit? Hoping you'll just stay home and prop up your (worst) knee on pillows on the sofa. You made some big sales yesterday, so I'm hoping you'll just take today off. Please? 😟
I have a big opening this weekend. Today is final office prep and paperwork day. I’ve dealt with painters and installers all week, so today will be the calm before the storm.

The mud thing was unavoidable. The smacking each knee getting out of the car, that was just me being too harried and in a rush. I mean, it’s not like I’ve never gotten out of a car before. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Today is zen-Jen today. No worries. Hakuna matata. And all that.

702D45D2-CA88-4922-88A1-C800B3067A07.jpeg

NYwdwfan

My favorite The Office episode is followed by one of my least favorite. The title of the episode is Todd Packer. I know we are supposed to hate him, but I hate him.

I told my daughter Threat Level Midnight was your favorite episode and she just started laughing. Packer is the worst. Michael says Toby is the worst - but it's Packer.

Thank you for asking.
After only selling two houses all summer long, I sold four right after we got back from Disney.

I have a new release of towns:
View attachment 415822

... and 41’ detached lots:
View attachment 415821

... coming this weekend. Believe it or not, these are pretty good prices.
I'll take 4. All corner units, please.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I told my daughter Threat Level Midnight was your favorite episode and she just started laughing. Packer is the worst. Michael says Toby is the worst - but it's Packer.

The LT-05? There’s only one. There will be fist fights over it on Saturday.

PUSH

Original Poster

I love that Michael hates Toby. It's my favorite running gag. Best single moment is when Michael finds out Toby is back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom