Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Eric1955

Thank you all for wishing me a good visit. After ten and a half hours I finally arrived safely. I’m absolutely exhausted. It’s weird how sitting in a car for several hours can just drain you.
You’re gonna be down there in Orlando in June, right?

I wish. My classes start in June, and I’m sure I’ll be quite busy.
I know they’ll be very happy to see you. (Nice of you to wait until tomorrow.)

I don’t think so. Isn’t that when classes start?

Yep, June 3rd to be specific.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If you like Queen you might really enjoy this. I think it’s awesome.

This was the first song (not this version, mind you) on the very first mixed tape I ever made ... back in the stone ages when you had to put your tape recorder right beside your Top 40 AM station, and time it exactly right.

We also had a little You’re So Vain, The Look of Love, Making Plans for Nigel, and Stars on 45 on the same cassette.

One of my brothers recorded himself saying “Wocka wocka” right in the middle of one of the songs. I nearly killed him.

Now you’ve got me racking my brain trying to remember the other songs on said tape.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So here’s my latest and only physio exercise for right now. I have to load extra weight into my Dooney (using the Mary Poppins one right now); stick my leg through the straps (one strap above the knee/one below; and then sit on the couch with my leg extended to the coffee table.

Ultimate goal - 10 lbs. of weight ... essentially a bag of potatoes. Currently at: three pairs of prescription specs, a wallet, an EOS lip balm, and my iPad from work. Gotta work your way up to potato weight.

Needling, aka medical acupuncture, starts twice/week on Tuesday.

JenniferS, living the life. 😂

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Peter Mayhew has passed away. :(

*sad Chewbacca noise* :(

I haven't seen all the Star Wars films, as I've been more of a casual viewer since the inception of the series. But Chewbacca definitely stood out as a creative and fun character (and kudos to the costume department, by the way).

Until this morning (when I saw a tribute to Peter on the early AM news), I didn't realize just how tall he was. (For some unexplained reason, I just guessed that his height was probably due to lifts/platforms in his shoes for the role.) Anyway, height aside, he attended many fan events and was a favorite among the mega-fans of the series. His colleagues had nothing but praise for him as an individual, and as an actor. Nice to see such a warm tribute to someone who brought joy to so many.

SteveBrickNJ

I haven't seen all the Star Wars films, as I've been more of a casual viewer since the inception of the series. But Chewbacca definitely stood out as a creative and fun character (and kudos to the costume department, by the way).

Until this morning (when I saw a tribute to Peter on the early AM news), I didn't realize just how tall he was. (For some unexplained reason, I just guessed that his height was probably due to lifts/platforms in his shoes for the role.) Anyway, height aside, he attended many fan events and was a favorite among the mega-fans of the series. His colleagues had nothing but praise for him as an individual, and as an actor. Nice to see such a warm tribute to someone who brought joy to so many.
Last night I was watching Star TREK reruns....specifically(1987-1994) "Star Trek The Next Generation" with Captain Picard, Counselor Troi, Worf, Data, etc.
My wife noticed what I was watching and said: "the tall furry guy from this show you are watching just died".
Me: "Uh...hon...that guy was from Star WARS...this is Star TREK"
I bet there are a lot of people who are not big fans of either and therefore they get them confused.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Last night I was watching Star TREK reruns....specifically(1987-1994) "Star Trek The Next Generation" with Captain Picard, Counselor Troi, Worf, Data, etc.
My wife noticed what I was watching and said: "the tall furry guy from this show you are watching just died".
Me: "Uh...hon...that guy was from Star WARS...this is Star TREK"
I bet there are a lot of people who are not big fans of either and therefore they get them confused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom