Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

SteveBrickNJ

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Cops arrested a guy who walked into St. Patrick’s Cathedral with 2 two gallon gas jugs, 2 bottles of BBQ lighter fluid and lighters.

Got home from work a while ago and saw this story on the evening news. Guy told the cops his car had run out of gas, and that's why he was carrying around gas cans . . . to church . . . Cops checked his car--plenty of gas in tank. I guess he also had a 1-way plane ticket to Rome on him. :cautious:

And as @Mike S said, (it's craxy) what some people will do for attention! :jawdrop:

Goofyernmost

Well it looks like a lot of the interior is still intact..I love that Pieta statue. Unpopular opinion: I'm not fond of Notre Dame as a religious place of worship...I prefer the older Saint Germain Des Prés over the pomp and circumstance of Notre Dame, though ND is gorgeous. I think the tragedy lies more in the loss of the historic landmark...everyone knows Notre Dame and you can't really go to Paris without seeing it. It's definitely fantastic and ornate and worth the time to see it. But it didn't feel like a church to me...it felt more like a museum. That being said, how do you replace something like that? Like that museum in...I want to say Brazil about 6 months ago? So much history, so many treasures that now no one will ever get to see and enjoy. It's so sad. I'm glad so much of the interior was preserved at Notre Dame, but it will never be the same again, even after they rebuild it. You can never get that history back.
Check out St. Peter's Basilica. It is just like ND only a whole lot bigger. I went to both a few years ago and both were very ornate, but, I was expecting ND to be much bigger then it was. Still worth rebuilding though. As far as it never being the same... you are absolutely correct, but, give it a couple of generations and what remains will still be jaw dropping. Actually I may be a couple of generations before it actually gets restored completely. It is going to be very hard to get the original craftsmen back to fix it and most all modern people have no idea how that stuff was done 850 years ago. But, since it survived for 850 years, it deserves to remain standing for another 850 years

Goofyernmost

We went to Denninger’s to get our Easter ham today and picked up a tray of cabbage rolls.

They are sooooo good, but I just heard Ski in the kitchen muttering to himself, “Do I really want to be in the truck all day tomorrow with cabbage roll farts?” 😂😂😂
I went with a friend yesterday to the huge Raleigh Farmers Market where there is a "complete" Pork Store so she could get a ham. Every single part of a pig is available including, but, not limited too a complete pig face. Nothing says Easter like big ole slice of pig face.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I went with a friend yesterday to the huge Raleigh Farmers Market where there is a "complete" Pork Store so she could get a ham. Every single part of a pig is available including, but, not limited too a complete pig face. Nothing says Easter like big ole slice of pig face.
I don’t think that’s quite what the no face no mother diet is all about. 😂

Songbird76

Check out St. Peter's Basilica. It is just like ND only a whole lot bigger. I went to both a few years ago and both were very ornate, but, I was expecting ND to be much bigger then it was. Still worth rebuilding though. As far as it never being the same... you are absolutely correct, but, give it a couple of generations and what remains will still be jaw dropping. Actually I may be a couple of generations before it actually gets restored completely. It is going to be very hard to get the original craftsmen back to fix it and most all modern people have no idea how that stuff was done 850 years ago. But, since it survived for 850 years, it deserves to remain standing for another 850 years
Macron said he wants to have it done in 5 years. Good luck with that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom