Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
All of them Tina Fey, Amy Pohler, Lisa Kudrow, Maya Rudolph. All of them are excellent actresses with some very good improv skills so hopefully it'll work. That said imho they're all too young to play those parts as were the original cast
Did a bit of digging and it's fake news, not happening
Thank you. I know them all, and thought a couple of the faces looked vaguely familiar in an AI-generated kind of way.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My wife and I will be leaving Brick NJ Wed. morning in anticipation of our daughter's wedding this Sat. May 18th.
I just took another peek at my new suit that I'll wear for the first time on the day of the wedding. Naturally every pocket is closed with a thread.
I am wondering if I should keep it that way? This article says it looks neat and even like that.
Yet maybe I'll wish I had a place to put something other than the suit's pants.
All opinions are welcome....
Graduating and getting married in essentially the same week? Wow! Had you shared this before? (You only have one daughter, yes?)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don’t think I shared this here yet.

I had my bi-annual eye exam last week (maxing out Mike’s benefits before he leaves that company on Friday), and got two new pairs of glasses - one pair of sunglasses for driving, and a pair of clear near distance computer glasses. Yay.

Not so yay … I was also diagnosed with moderate cortical cataracts in both eyes. I’m a little young for cataracts, and this particular type is often associated with Type 2 diabetes. Just to be safe, my family doctor has ordered bloodwork. So much to do this week before we move on Friday!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

I had my bi-annual eye exam last week (maxing out Mike’s benefits before he leaves that company on Friday), and got two new pairs of glasses - one pair of sunglasses for driving, and a pair of clear near distance computer glasses. Yay.

Not so yay … I was also diagnosed with moderate cortical cataracts in both eyes. I’m a little young for cataracts, and this particular type is often associated with Type 2 diabetes. Just to be safe, my family doctor has ordered bloodwork. So much to do this week before we move on Friday!
🤞The results are good ones for you.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Also, in the not-so-yay department, we decided to sell the RV. Based on our work schedule, it doesn’t look like we’ll be able to travel for at least two years. During that time, it will depreciate another 50% sitting in the driveway. Plus, we certainly don’t not need the money (double negative intentional).

(If you’re friends with me on FB, please don’t mention it, there are a couple of people we don’t want to know yet.)

I really wanted it gone before we moved, so I priced it competitively, honed my already sharp selling skills, and sold that sucker in three days!

Today was the sad day. I sniffled a little. That trailer was good to us. We had so many great memories. Mike is already looking at slightly larger models to buy in a year or two.

IMG_6983.jpeg
IMG_6984.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Also, in the not-so-yay department, we decided to sell the RV. Based on our work schedule, it doesn’t look like we’ll be able to travel for at least two years. During that time, it will depreciate another 50% sitting in the driveway. Plus, we certainly don’t not need the money (double negative intentional).

(If you’re friends with me on FB, please don’t mention it, there are a couple of people we don’t want to know yet.)

I really wanted it gone before we moved, so I priced it competitively, honed my already sharp selling skills, and sold that sucker in three days!

Today was the sad day. I sniffled a little. That trailer was good to us. We had so many great memories. Mike is already looking at slightly larger models to buy in a year or two.
Oh, that's sad. I know how much you two enjoyed your vacations in the RV. (But, then I thought -- selling it for now is part of the process. The process is the anticipation of buying a new, even better one, in the years to come! Plus, you two are seasoned RV people now, and will be able to make even more informed decisions, when the right time comes.) 🥰

SteveBrickNJ

Graduating and getting married in essentially the same week? Wow! Had you shared this before? (You only have one daughter, yes?)
I don't think I stressed how close the events were....you didn't miss it.
I arrived home Sunday night yet today is my last day of teaching this week. I came back just to teach yesterday and today.
Tomorrow morning my wife and I head back to Virginia for the wedding prep and then the wedding itself. So we will be in Virginia from Wed night until Sunday morning and arriving back home Sunday night.....then back to work Monday morning.
Tiring for sure....but our daughter is our one and only child so we give her our best efforts and love.

Last edited:

rshell68

View attachment 785393
View attachment 785394
Baby Bo....

Goofyernmost

You will be amazed at the difference in clarity and brightness of colors if you have the surgery for the cataracts. The process sounds a little scary but I can tell you that it is really nothing. Thinking about it is the worst thing. So, except for the hassle it is a good thing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't think I stressed how close the events were....you didn't miss it.
I arrived home Sunday night yet today is my last day of teaching this week. I came back just to teach yesterday and today.
Tomorrow morning my wife and I head back to Virginia for the wedding prep and then the wedding itself. So we will be in Virginia from Wed night until Sunday morning and arriving back home Sunday night.....then back to work Monday morning.
Tiring for sure....but our daughter is our one and only child so we give her our best efforts and love.

Best wishes to your daughter and her (soon to be) husband. I hope they have many happy years together.

SteveBrickNJ

Best wishes to your daughter and her (soon to be) husband. I hope they have many happy years together.
Thank you for your best wishes.......and I hope they have many happy years as well.
I'm packed as far as clothing. Just need to organize the shaving stuff and misc. in the morning.
Tick...tick...tick....me...the Father of the Bride. LOL...It feels so weird.🙃😄

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you for your best wishes.......and I hope they have many happy years as well.
I'm packed as far as clothing. Just need to organize the shaving stuff and misc. in the morning.
I'll also send best wishes to the couple on their upcoming wedding day. Should be a happy occasion for the entire family. :)

Goofyernmost

Prepare yourself for hopefully more of those very emotional events concerning your little girl. Wedding and eventual Grandfathership and for me over the last few years, college graduations of those grandchildren. All have the same degree of weird but incredible moments. The difference is that in the later you are proud of mom and grandchild. Life doesn't offer an over abundance of those occasions but they are worth everything to be part of them.

SteveBrickNJ

Prepare yourself for hopefully more of those very emotional events concerning your little girl. Wedding and eventual Grandfathership and for me over the last few years, college graduations of those grandchildren. All have the same degree of weird but incredible moments. The difference is that in the later you are proud of mom and grandchild. Life doesn't offer an over abundance of those occasions but they are worth everything to be part of them.
Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement too. We are at a McDonald's in Maryland. Maybe 30 miles north of Washington DC. Lord willing we will be with our daughter by dinnertime.

Last edited:

Songbird76

Congratulations/Best Wishes to your family, especially the bridal couple. The best advice I got was to remember that things WILL go wrong, because nothing is perfect, but they will still be just as married whether the cake falls, or the dress snags, or someone doesn't make it, etc. (We got married right after Sept. 11th and a LOT of our guests didn't make it, including my maid of honor. And the girl who stepped up to take over that role, when she got married the next year and I was a bridesmaid for HER, one of their groomsmen just didn't show up and no one knew why. He just got upset about something and bailed without letting anyone know)

My other piece of advice, which wasn't given to me, but learned the hard way, is to EAT SOMETHING. Don't let them rush you. We had a buffet rather an a sit down meal because our reception started on the late side, so we just did small bites like meatballs, stuffed mushrooms, etc. We went through the line, got our food, went to sit down, put our plates on the table and I got exactly 2 bites before the DJ called us down for our first dance, which he had told us he would wait for our signal. I figured we'd dance, and then I'd go finish my food, but I got back to the table, and they had cleared our plates and were already taking down the buffet so I couldn't get more. By the end of the night, I was STARVING. We had to go to McDonalds in our bridal-wear because we didn't have time to change before they closed and I NEEDED to eat something. It was a great time and I loved every minute of it, but I wish I had had a chance to eat something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom