Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

SteveBrickNJ

Photo 📸 from last night's Liberty U graduation....View attachment 784947View attachment 784948
20240510_190917.jpg...................................................................................................................................In the lower photo my daughter is the one in the lower left. If you think of the photo like an analog clock, in the photo she is at 8 o'clock. 20240510_172921.jpg

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There might be some cloud cover for us tonight, but I'm going to try and stay up or set an alarm to see.

We didn't stay up late to see them we left our house at 9:45pm to see them, drove just a couple miles out of town and found a spot that was dark and not busy with cars. It was cool to stand there in the dark and hear the owls hooting and other things making their night sounds and watch them.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
View attachment 784949...................................................................................................................................In the lower photo my daughter is the one in the lower left. If you think of the photo like an analog clock, in the photo she is at 8 o'clock. View attachment 784950

Wow such a big graduation and super cool they got fireworks! Congrats to her!

Goofyernmost

Wow such a big graduation and super cool they got fireworks! Congrats to her!
My grandson graduated from UNC Charlotte yesterday. They had over 5000 graduates but they spread them out over a few separate events made up (I assume) of different colleges within the University. Don't hold me to it, but I think I heard someone say that it was 4 different events. The first one (the one I witnessed) was at 10am Friday and there was another at 2pm Friday, another at 10am Saturday and 2pm Saturday. I'm not sure how they made that work. There were about 500 at his graduation, so how the managed the other 4500 is a mystery to me.

They all made their way to the stage and their names were called and they came out from the long, long line of graduates to shake hands with someone whom I am sure has hand blisters today. It was just a little over an hour including the traditional "The dictionary defines success as" speech. They were almost on a run. It was held indoors in the basketball stadium that holds 9000 people.

This stock picture doesn't really do it justice. You can't even make out the nosebleed seats that go all the way up to the roof. In other words HUGE. Where the court is was completely filled with green caps and gowns. But it still would be a stretch to get all of them through a ceremony in just 4 events. Maybe that had more on Sunday. I have no idea. It was pleasant enough in the stadium and it was full all I know is that my Credit Card practically melted from over use. The hotel alone was $250 per night and that was overlooking a dumpster. Then there were meals and other expenses like the cash gift for the graduate. I think I will stop now and just find a dark corner and weep a little.

My own graduation was a store bought cake and some guests at my parents house. My gift was finding myself in Amarillo, Texas the next day in USAF basic training. Good times!

1715467254352.png
We were seated about center court on the left of this picture about 10 rows up. Actually a great view facing the graduates as they were seated and looking at their faces instead of the back of their heads. So that was good.

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
My grandson graduated from UNC Charlotte yesterday. They had over 5000 graduates but they spread them out over a few separate events made up (I assume) of different colleges within the University. Don't hold me to it, but I think I heard someone say that it was 4 different events. The first one (the one I witnessed) was at 10am Friday and there was another at 2pm Friday, another at 10am Saturday and 2pm Saturday. I'm not sure how they made that work. There were about 500 at his graduation, so how the managed the other 4500 is a mystery to me.

They all made their way to the stage and their names were called and they came out from the long, long line of graduates to shake hands with someone whom I am sure has hand blisters today. It was just a little over an hour including the traditional "The dictionary defines success as" speech. They were almost on a run. It was held indoors in the basketball stadium that holds 9000 people.

This picture doesn't really do it justice. You can't even make out the nosebleed seats that go all the way up to the roof. In other words HUGE. But it still would be a stretch to get all of them through a ceremony in just 4 events. Maybe that had more on Sunday. I have no idea. It was pleasant enough in the stadium and it was full all I know is that my Credit Card practically melted from over use. The hotel alone was $250 per night and that was overlooking a dumpster. Then there were meals and other expenses like the cash gift for the graduate. I think I will stop now and just find a dark corner and weep a little.

My own graduation was a store bought cake and some guests at my parents house. My gift was finding myself in Amarillo, Texas the next day in USAF basic training. Good times!

View attachment 784993
We were seated about center court on the left of this picture about 10 rows up. Actually a great view facing the graduates as they were seated and looking at their faces instead of the back of their heads. So that was good.
Congrats to your grandson.

Songbird76

This picture doesn't really do it justice. You can't even make out the nosebleed seats that go all the way up to the roof. In other words HUGE. But it still would be a stretch to get all of them through a ceremony in just 4 events. Maybe that had more on Sunday. I have no idea. It was pleasant enough in the stadium and it was full all I know is that my Credit Card practically melted from over use. The hotel alone was $250 per night and that was overlooking a dumpster. Then there were meals and other expenses like the cash gift for the graduate. I think I will stop now and just find a dark corner and weep a little.

View attachment 784993
Congrats to your grandson!! If I remember correctly from my own college graduation, they divided ours maybe by type of degree? I think mine was everyone graduating in the field of education, no matter which subject. Then you have people graduating in the arts, or in the sciences, etc...but I'm not positive. I know we had more than just our music education class, but I don't remember who else was there. And they did each ceremony in a different place. Ours was also in the stadium at our school, but I know there were others across campus.

Songbird76

Happy mother's day to all you wonderful women who have mothered or mentored!

We are postponing mother's day a bit because both my kids have exams starting tomorrow, and E is a ball of stress and axiety with all her studying. She's trying to get c. laude, so she doesn't want distractions and time committments outside of her exam preperation. We're taking my in-laws out for lunch, but the rest of E's day is alotted for studying. And her birthday is in less than 2 weeks, and she will still be deep in exams then, so we decided to just wait until the stress of exams is over and THEN celebrate everything. The good news is that neither of the kids are in danger of failing anything, so they probably won't need retakes for any exams. I forgot to take the retakes into account when planning our vacation, so I HOPE they both get their c. laude scores the first go round!

Figgy1

View attachment 784993
Congrats to your grandson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

View attachment 784993
Congratulations to your grandson, and glad that you were able to attend the ceremony. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom