Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's Teacher Appreciation Week. Some samples of what our PTA has done on Day 1...View attachment 783432View attachment 783433View attachment 783434View attachment 783435

Looks nice! Our principal bought us Subway today and our secretaries made us special treats for dessert. Our district sent out an email about 2 weeks ago asking us to choose which local business we wanted a $15 gift card for. Oh and my husband's church is buying us donuts on Friday. But beyond that I'm not expecting too much else.

SteveBrickNJ

Looks nice! Our principal bought us Subway today and our secretaries made us special treats for dessert. Our district sent out an email about 2 weeks ago asking us to choose which local business we wanted a $15 gift card for. Oh and my husband's church is buying us donuts on Friday. But beyond that I'm not expecting too much else.
What you listed in your post is very nice. Especially every teacher getting a $15 gift card from your choice of a local business. Tomorrow my 2 principals are providing hot breakfast sandwiches and on Wednesday Chick Fil-A will provide chicken sandwiches for lunch.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
No spoilers, I promise; just my reactions.
Palm Royale finale … hoo-wee, I did not see that coming. And I can’t say I’m happy about it.

We absolutely need a second season, as I don’t think many people are going to love that ending. Unfortunately season one wasn’t really that well received. Dang.

trr1

NATIONAL WASHINGTON DAY | May 10
NATIONAL CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM DAY - May 10
NATIONAL LIPID DAY - May 10
NATIONAL MILITARY SPOUSE APPRECIATION DAY - Friday before Mother's Day
NATIONAL PROVIDER APPRECIATION DAY - Friday before Mother's Day

NATIONAL DOG MOM'S DAY - Second Saturday in May
NATIONAL EAT WHAT YOU WANT DAY - May 11
NATIONAL FOAM ROLLING DAY - May 11
NATIONAL MINIATURE GOLF DAY - Second Saturday in May
NATIONAL BABYSITTER’S DAY - Saturday before Mother's Day
CORNELIA DE LANGE SYNDROME AWARENESS DAY - Second Saturday in May
NATIONAL BIRTH MOTHER’S DAY - Saturday before Mother's Day
STAMP OUT HUNGER FOOD DRIVE DAY - Second Saturday in May
NATIONAL TWILIGHT ZONE DAY - May 11

NATIONAL SAPPHIRE SEGULAH DAY | May 12
MOTHER'S DAY - Second Sunday in May
NATIONAL FIBROMYALGIA AWARENESS DAY - May 12
NATIONAL NUTTY FUDGE DAY - May 12
NATIONAL ODOMETER DAY - May 12
NATIONAL LIMERICK DAY - May 12

NATIONAL CROUTON DAY - May 13
NATIONAL FRUIT COCKTAIL DAY - May 13
NATIONAL APPLE PIE DAY - May 13
NATIONAL FROG JUMPING DAY - May 13

NATIONAL DECENCY DAY - May 14
NATIONAL UNDERGROUND AMERICA DAY | May 14
NATIONAL DANCE LIKE A CHICKEN DAY - May 14

BRING FLOWERS TO SOMEONE DAY | May 15
NATIONAL JUICE SLUSH DAY | May 15, 2024
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CHIP DAY - May 15
PEACE OFFICERS MEMORIAL DAY - May 15

NATIONAL COQUILLES SAINT JACQUES DAY - May 16
NATIONAL CLASSIC MOVIE DAY | May 16
NATIONAL MIMOSA DAY - May 16
NATIONAL BARBECUE DAY - May 16
NATIONAL DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR DAY - May 16
HONOR OUR LGBT ELDERS DAY - May 16
NATIONAL BIOGRAPHER’S DAY - May 16
NATIONAL SEA MONKEY DAY - May 16
NATIONAL LOVE A TREE DAY - May 16

PUSH

Original Poster
I missed a notification late last week, so I'm just catching up.

For teacher appreciation week, we have had the following:

Monday: Admin got us pulled pork for lunch
Tuesday: Treats from our PTC (parent teacher circle)
Wednesday: A game for the staff to play throughout the day (which one staff member totally ruined by cheating and using a student to get 2 of the three prizes)
Thursday: Was supposed to be donuts, but there were never any donuts
Friday: Pizza truck at school for lunch

Our PTC also had families send in nice messages, and I got a couple. A student brought me cookies today.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I missed a notification late last week, so I'm just catching up.

For teacher appreciation week, we have had the following:

Monday: Admin got us pulled pork for lunch
Tuesday: Treats from our PTC (parent teacher circle)
Wednesday: A game for the staff to play throughout the day (which one staff member totally ruined by cheating and using a student to get 2 of the three prizes)
Thursday: Was supposed to be donuts, but there were never any donuts
Friday: Pizza truck at school for lunch

Our PTC also had families send in nice messages, and I got a couple. A student brought me cookies today.
That sounds nice. Our student council members came around yesterday with carts decorated with balloons and jammin' music and loaded with snack for us. So that was fun. Tomorrow we have donuts (which is our regular Friday event) and the student council is making us breakfast. I've had a couple nice emails from parents and students too, which is better than the snacks.

PUSH

Original Poster
Here are the messages I received from some parents. It's amazing that the first one called me PUSH. 🤣

"School has been hard for my child, but PUSH has found a way to get them to enjoy school. He works hard to bring the best out in everyone. He supports his students and challenges them to strive for their best. Thank you for your passion for teaching, PUSH!"

"His ability to connect with his students and provide not only a great education but a safe space, where kids flourish, is amazing. He is a teacher, but also a friend. We are forever grateful for all the work that he puts into every single one of his students."

The second one came from a parent of a student last year that I've become friends with. I play cards every Thursday at lunch with her and her son.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom