Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

I have never been a pop drinker - not even as a teenager (mostly because Tab was disgusting!)

Lately though, I have been having a small glass (6-8 oz) of pop most nights. I love it. I wait all day for it.

I still won’t pay $3.99 for it in a restaurant though.

Weird how your taste buds change as you get older.
First, please stop calling it "pop" unless you can prove that you are under 10 years old. My dislike of the names we give that stuff extends beyond just that name. I also dislike the use of the word soda (which is popular in my area of origin). If one cannot use the brand name then "soft drink" will do, however, after 13 years living here in what is called the south, I have yet to hear anyone using the word "coke" as a generic term. That would be having to extend the process of social connection by immediately having to answer the question, what flavor of coke would you like?

Okay, time for another debate. This one will be less contentious … mainly because there is only one right answer.
Peanut butter on toast … butter the bread first, or let the peanut butter do its own magic?

View attachment 782044
1714314107475.png

I like it either way, but adding butter gives it that little extra kick.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
First, please stop calling it "pop" unless you can prove that you are under 10 years old. My dislike of the names we give that stuff extends beyond just that name. I also dislike the use of the word soda (which is popular in my area of origin). If one cannot use the brand name then "soft drink" will do, however, after 13 years living here in what is called the south, I have yet to hear anyone using the word "coke" as a generic term. That would be having to extend the process of social connection by immediately having to answer the question, what flavor of coke would you like?

Okay, time for another debate. This one will be less contentious … mainly because there is only one right answer.

View attachment 782181

Pop.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
pink pop GIF

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Lots of stuff going on here - some good, some not good. It feels like a major seminal moment in our lives.

We are losing another close family member very soon - Mike’s sister’s husband. Yesterday’s visit was difficult.

I really appreciate the friendship y’all offer, and the distracting debates we have over things like peanut butter and “pop”.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Lots of stuff going on here - some good, some not good. It feels like a major seminal moment in our lives.

We are losing another close family member very soon - Mike’s sister’s husband. Yesterday’s visit was difficult.

I really appreciate the friendship y’all offer, and the distracting debates we have over things like peanut butter and “pop”.
Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends
Sending prayers from the Figgy family

PUSH

Original Poster

So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and your family.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

I'm so sorry, friend. Those seem.like difficult days.

Im.in Ireland at the moment, still.grieving my beloved uncle, we miss him.so.much. And I agree, the support here is awesome.

Goofyernmost

Sorry, about the family. A good friend of mine just lost her best friend this week. It was someone that even bought cemetery family plots next to each other. Most of my aunts, uncles and a large number of cousins have passed and it is one of the curses of aging. On one hand you are glad to still be alive, yet wonder why their time came and yours didn't. Along with you have the sadness of losing someone important. My condolences because sometimes it is harder to see loved ones in decline than when the time actually does come. :(

As far as the debates go, I want you to understand that you don't have to agree with me! I cannot force you to be right.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

View attachment 782181

The word I would love for people to stop using is y'all. The food blog uses it a lot and it's so bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom