Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

And that's a wrap on the parks portion of the trip! Thanks for reading along. It's been a lot of fun, and I would totally do a 2ish week trip again. I will say, we probably didn't need today, but I think I'd build in more down time in the future. It was just hard because certain parties were only here for a week and wanted to get everything done. But I'd like more resort time.

I will still post as we drive home the next couple days. I'll share some overall thoughts either while I'm on the road, or when I get home.

The plan is to leave tomorrow no later than 9 and get north of Nashville at least. Then drive the rest of the way Sunday and get home later afternoon or evening.
Safe travels

Goofyernmost

1656153262845.png

For years I always thought of myself as a huge Disney Park fan, but I have to say that there is nothing about being in the parks when it is raining to be enjoyable. I didn't mind a brief shower, something that Florida as a lot of, but to wander around in the rain would be a mood killer for me. I'd rather stay in a hotel watching reruns than do that. So I will send back my Disney Fan Card.

1656153341641.png

The first time I saw that fountain on the right was when I became so amazed at the detail that they put in the attractions. The cracked tiles and dirt, but mostly the fake water line that showed where the water level would have been had that been an actual fountain that was left neglected. It blew me away. There were many years when they stopped doing that and it was mostly after Fastpass was introduced and so much of the detail of the "old" Disney was bypassed and no longer considered important. Quantity instead of quality became the hallmark of the WDW Guest. That always made me sad.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
View attachment 648588

For years I always thought of myself as a huge Disney Park fan, but I have to say that there is nothing about being in the parks when it is raining to be enjoyable. I didn't mind a brief shower, something that Florida as a lot of, but to wander around in the rain would be a mood killer or me. I'd rather stay in a hotel watching reruns than do that. So I will send back me Disney Fan Card.

View attachment 648589

The first time I saw that fountain on the right was when I became so amazed at the detail that they put in the attractions. The cracked tiles and dirt, but mostly the fake water line that showed where the water level would have been had that been an actual fountain that was left neglected. It blew me away. There were many years when they stopped doing that and it was mostly after Fastpass was introduced and so much of the detail of the "old" Disney was bypassed and no longer considered important. Quantity instead of quality became the hallmark of the WDW Guest. That always made me sad.
I'll say that the new attractions were mostly very high quality. They did a really great job with the queues.

Goofyernmost

Believe it or not, I've only been on that ride twice.

I don't really care for falling. 😂

Once more than me, you thrill seeker you
I intensely hate the felling of falling, but have been on ToT just about every time I have gone to DHS. I love the rest of the attraction and the fall part is such a quick portion of the overall attraction that I go on it anyway. Same goes for Splash Mtn.

Goofyernmost

I'll say that the new attractions were mostly very high quality. They did a really great job with the queues.
I agree about the new ones, but for a decade or two they had very few high quality queues. because so many people were falling all over themselves to rush through them to get to the ride. That was one of my arguments against fastpass. It got one on the ride quicker but a whole lot of the story and mood of the attraction was bypassed to see the ending instead of the whole picture.

PUSH

Original Poster
My review of Lightning Lanes...

Yes, it's not fun to have to pay for them. However, I do think it's a much better service than the old FP+ system. We saved so lucky time in lines. It worked well to get one or two in the mornings, then start stacking them for your evening park. If you're not going to the park until the afternoon or evening, you can just stack LLs for then. Unless you want Mine Train, you really don't have to do MK in the morning since you can get LLs for the afternoon for everything.

i enjoyed not having to stress about booking them 60 days in advance. We were able to be more flexible this way.

I would definitely do LLs again. I think they're far superior to the old, free system, which is good because it's not free anymore.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I could go boing boing all day!
Literally
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

SteveBrickNJ

I intensely hate the felling of falling, but have been on ToT just about every time I have gone to DHS. I love the rest of the attraction and the fall part is such a quick portion of the overall attraction that I go on it anyway. Same goes for Splash Mtn.
I have avoided the Tower of Terror because of that dropping sensation. I do like Splash Mountain. Yes on the biggest drop my heart would race...but it's fun 😉

trr1

My review of Lightning Lanes...

Yes, it's not fun to have to pay for them. However, I do think it's a much better service than the old FP+ system. We saved so lucky time in lines. It worked well to get one or two in the mornings, then start stacking them for your evening park. If you're not going to the park until the afternoon or evening, you can just stack LLs for then. Unless you want Mine Train, you really don't have to do MK in the morning since you can get LLs for the afternoon for everything.

i enjoyed not having to stress about booking them 60 days in advance. We were able to be more flexible this way.

I would definitely do LLs again. I think they're far superior to the old, free system, which is good because it's not free anymore.
What was the average cost per ride of I.L.L.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom