Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
When we got to Epcot we walked back to Italy for supper at Via Napoli. We really enjoyed it. My aunt got the sangria flight, which I sampled. It was really good.

After supper, we walked the rest if the WS toward Mexico. We stopped at some shops along the way. I stopped at the Norway store to look at a Helly Hansen jacket that I saw the other day. I tried on an XL, which was too tight. XL is never too tight on me... usually it's too big. So I tried a 2XL, and it fit nice, but the sleeves were super long. So I didn't end up getting it, which was a bummer. I've always liked their stuff at that store, and I finally had gift cards to afford it!

We stopped in Mexico to do the Gran Fiesta Tour. Then we got some margaritas outside. Next we headed to Figment, followed by a Soarin LL.

After Soarin we got a spot for Harmonious. Let me sum it up in one word.......... booooooooooooriiiiiiiiiing. It was really dull and underwhelming. I am so sad they got rid of Illuminations for this. It was pretty awful. Epcot Forever was better. I'm not sure I'd even call it a firework show. It only had fireworks for maybe half of it. And the parts that didn't have them were awful. It was literally just watching water wave back and forth to Disney music, but the music was not synced well. It was really disappointing considering Illuminations was my favorite firework show. I don't think I'll ever be going back to Harmonious.

While fireworks were awful, I'm glad I stayed because the lights on Spaceship Earth are STUNNING in person. Pictures and videos do not do it any justice. It's been a highlight of my trip. I feel like this is the one thing WDW has gotten right with its 50th anniversary.

Tomorrow's plans are DHS in the morning and also in the evening, with breaks in between.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
When we got to Epcot we walked back to Italy for supper at Via Napoli. We really enjoyed it. My aunt got the sangria flight, which I sampled. It was really good.

After supper, we walked the rest if the WS toward Mexico. We stopped at some shops along the way. I stopped at the Norway store to look at a Helly Hansen jacket that I saw the other day. I tried on an XL, which was too tight. XL is never too tight on me... usually it's too big. So I tried a 2XL, and it fit nice, but the sleeves were super long. So I didn't end up getting it, which was a bummer. I've always liked their stuff at that store, and I finally had gift cards to afford it!

We stopped in Mexico to do the Gran Fiesta Tour. Then we got some margaritas outside. Next we headed to Figment, followed by a Soarin LL.

After Soarin we got a spot for Harmonious. Let me sum it up in one word.......... booooooooooooriiiiiiiiiing. It was really dull and underwhelming. I am so sad they got rid of Illuminations for this. It was pretty awful. Epcot Forever was better. I'm not sure I'd even call it a firework show. It only had fireworks for maybe half of it. And the parts that didn't have them were awful. It was literally just watching water wave back and forth to Disney music, but the music was not synced well. It was really disappointing considering Illuminations was my favorite firework show. I don't think I'll ever be going back to Harmonious.

While fireworks were awful, I'm glad I stayed because the lights on Spaceship Earth are STUNNING in person. Pictures and videos do not do it any justice. It's been a highlight of my trip. I feel like this is the one thing WDW has gotten right with its 50th anniversary.

Tomorrow's plans are DHS in the morning and also in the evening, with breaks in between.
And for Harmonious, we got those gosh-awful tacos and Stargate portal 24/7. Good grief!

Songbird76

We rope dropped Mine Train this morning. It was about a 40 minute wait. IMO that's the most overrated ride at Disney. It's short, and while the dark ride part is cool, the rest is pretty blah.

Then we stood by Space, did the Laugh Floor. I got on the screen once. They said I needed a hug. Then we used our Peter Pan LL, followed by a Little Mermaid LL. Then we headed to Pecos Bill for lunch. I had the beef nachos, which I really like.

During lunch, the rest of the party joined us. We split off into our two families. My family watched PhilharMagic and shopped while the other family went back to their hotel.

In a little bit we're heading to Epcot. We have reservations at Via Napoli. Never eaten there before, so I'm excited. We also saw Idina Menzel and the voice of Moana will be at Epcot to host a Harmonious stream on Disney+.
I totally agree on the mine train. I don't do coasters, but my kids said it was so mild and it was really cool, and I decided to try it. Never again. I hated it. You don't really get to appreciate those few seconds of dark ride, and the rest of the time I felt like I was going to get dumped out over the side. If my kids didn't love it, I'd never have to waste time in that huge queue!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I totally agree on the mine train. I don't do coasters, but my kids said it was so mild and it was really cool, and I decided to try it. Never again. I hated it. You don't really get to appreciate those few seconds of dark ride, and the rest of the time I felt like I was going to get dumped out over the side. If my kids didn't love it, I'd never have to waste time in that huge queue!
I love it! Back in the old days of three free FP’s per day, it was ALWAYS one of our three for MK.

I’ve never done the standby line.

NYwdwfan

Yesterday someone told me their wife wants to go back to disney and it’s been 4 years so can I explain this genie + lightning lane nonsense? He grabbed my post-it pad to take notes. Umm you’re gonna need a spiral notebook. 😂 I sent him a link for his wife to read. If I explain it to you your eyes will glaze over and you won’t remember any of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom