Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We went to Disney Springs for supper at the Boathouse. It was POURING rain as we were walking through, and our shoes and socks got drenched. Like, walking on wet sponges drenched. So afterwards we came back to the hotel to change. We headed back to DS for a little bit after that and are back in our room now. Not much else to share about tonight.

Tomorrow's plans are MK in the morning and Epcot later in the day, including Harmonious.

We got stuck in the rain at Epcot, drenched our shoes pretty good too.

PUSH

Original Poster
@PUSH I am loving your photos. They are so beautiful - and I can actually smell them which may sound weird but I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm talking about.
I read this last night and wasn't able to say thank you at the time, but thank you!

I'm not a big photography person, but I enjoy taking pictures around Disney. Everything is done with just my Galaxy S22. It has three cameras. The standard, a 3x zoom, and a wide angle. I usually end up taking pictures of the same thing with multiple cameras and post the one I like the best. I also try to frame things differently sometimes, rather than just centering everything.

I'm kind of picky with the photos I post... trust me I have hundreds of photos I haven't posted here.

Goofyernmost

We got stuck in the rain at Epcot, drenched our shoes pretty good too.
I consider myself to be very lucky, because after 48 trips to WDW (lets say an average of 3 days each trip), 1 trip to DL (4 days) and one day in Disneyland Paris, I only remember one slight sprinkle event in WDW and DL Paris and one drenching unexpected nighttime monsoon in WDW. There was one day of near hurricane winds and tornado warnings a WDW where I just stayed in the hotel for the day. No damage or actual tornado. There was one about 20 miles south of Kissimmee.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I consider myself to be very lucky, because after 48 trips to WDW (lets say and average of 3 days each trip), 1 trip to DL (4 days) and one day in Disneyland Paris, I only remember one slight sprinkle event in WDW and DL Paris and one drenching unexpected nighttime monsoon in WDW. There was one day of near hurricane winds and tornado warnings a WDW where I just stayed in the hotel for the day. No damage or actual tornado. There was one about 20 miles south of Kissimmee.
Wow, I believe you of course, but that’s incredible!

Our trip of 2006, we wore ponchos and were soaked to the bone almost every single day of our 10 day trip. We were there for the entirety one year of Katrina/Lee/Maria/Nate/Ophelia. More recently, we have ridden out Dorian and Irma.

Rare is the year that we don’t endure at least one afternoon deluge, where it rains so hard the water is (briefly) ankle deep and all transportation shuts down.

You’ve been lucky.

Goofyernmost

Wow, I believe you of course, but that’s incredible!

Our trip of 2006, we wore ponchos and were soaked to the bone almost every single day of our 10 day trip. We were there for the entirety one year of Katrina/Lee/Maria/Nate/Ophelia. More recently, we have ridden out Dorian and Irma.

Rare is the year that we don’t endure at least one afternoon deluge, where it rains so hard the water is (briefly) ankle deep and all transportation shuts down.

You’ve been lucky.
Yes, I've seen pictures of the flooding. The first couple of trips to WDW in the 80's were at the end of February. It was cool in the morning and comfortably warm in the afternoon and evening. In fact, I bought 3 disposable poncho's sometime in the 90's to take with me to the parks in my backpack. When I moved to my current location, two years ago, I still had two of them unopened. I threw them away because I figured by now they would be a little brittle.

Yes, I have been lucky and I attributed it to the habit of started every trip off with an Egg McMuffin. I felt it always brought good luck. I did do that on my month long European adventure in route to the airport and of the 30 days we were there including the 10 day trans Atlantic cruise from Rome to Fort Lauderdale.

We had a light drizzle in DL Paris just for about an hour and one more time while waiting outside St. Peter's Basilica for an audience with the Pope. We shared that with at least 10000 others. It rained until the Pope came out to ride around the crowd in his bubble go cart. The moment he came out the rain stopped. Would you expect any different?

The rest of the trip was sunny and warm. After leaving the Mediterranean we sailed across in the South Atlantic in November, right in the middle of Hurricane season and there was hardly a ripple on the ocean. Even the Captain made a comment about how calm everything was. I just said... you're welcome!

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
We rope dropped Mine Train this morning. It was about a 40 minute wait. IMO that's the most overrated ride at Disney. It's short, and while the dark ride part is cool, the rest is pretty blah.

Then we stood by Space, did the Laugh Floor. I got on the screen once. They said I needed a hug. Then we used our Peter Pan LL, followed by a Little Mermaid LL. Then we headed to Pecos Bill for lunch. I had the beef nachos, which I really like.

During lunch, the rest of the party joined us. We split off into our two families. My family watched PhilharMagic and shopped while the other family went back to their hotel.

In a little bit we're heading to Epcot. We have reservations at Via Napoli. Never eaten there before, so I'm excited. We also saw Idina Menzel and the voice of Moana will be at Epcot to host a Harmonious stream on Disney+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom