JUNE NATIONAL WEEKS

June Holidays

June 1

June 2

INTERNATIONAL June Holidays

June 1

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So today actually turned out to be worse than expected. At the time the kids left school, it felt like 102 degrees. In a school with no A/C. It was miserable. I took a spray bottle and was literally spraying my kids with refrigerated water today. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.

Good luck. It will be similar here with no A/C in the school either.

Ugh. That sounds like brutal heat for the both of you, and your students. :(

How many more weeks of school -- when do the schools (in both of your states) let out for summer vacation?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Our whole school went up to the high school auditorium today to watch Toy Story 4 because it was air conditioned. The heat index was only in the upper 90s today.

Sounds like a good plan for the kiddos. It didn't end up being as hot as I expected in my classroom. Thankfully it will be cooler tomorrow and next week. I had one kid bring in their own little battery powered fan today and another had one that plugged into his phone. I thought that was pretty smart!

PUSH

Original Poster
I was just mapping out the rest of the school year. My last week of core instruction will be next week. Then it's a lot of the end of year celebrations and whatnot. We only have three weeks left. 15 days. It's always crazy how fast the year goes. And I'm really going to miss this group of kids. They're awesome. By far my favorite group I've had.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was just mapping out the rest of the school year. My last week of core instruction will be next week. Then it's a lot of the end of year celebrations and whatnot. We only have three weeks left. 15 days. It's always crazy how fast the year goes. And I'm really going to miss this group of kids. They're awesome. By far my favorite group I've had.

I just finished my planning for the year too. My finals will be May 25 for the students then just wrap up stuff. I really like my 7th graders and my freshmen class. The 8th graders, there are a handful I won't miss at all and I can only hope and pray those ones will be with the other high school science teacher next year.

PUSH

Original Poster
I just finished my planning for the year too. My finals will be May 25 for the students then just wrap up stuff. I really like my 7th graders and my freshmen class. The 8th graders, there are a handful I won't miss at all and I can only hope and pray those ones will be with the other high school science teacher next year.
My class last year was a real test for me. I wasn't sad to see the end of the year. This year is totally different. I truly enjoy every kid in my class. Some drive me more nuts than others, but they're a special group. I'm sad that my time with them is coming to an end. I have three boys in particular who are so sweet and kind. They're three of my favorite students I've ever had.

I'm thinking about doing a "pen pals" thing as part of their end of year gifts. I would give them a pre-stamped envelope with my name and the school's address on it, and they can write me a letter or send me pictures over the summer. Then I would write back to them. I will be teaching summer school starting mid-July, so I'd be able to check my mailbox pretty frequently from that point on.

I'm also thinking about putting a photo in a cheap, Dollar Tree picture frame of either the class, or a picture of me and each student, along with a little personalized note to them. On the back I'd put a QR code to an end of year video I make each year. The video includes photos from the entire year. I also just thought a little bit ago of taking a short video of each student saying, "My favorite part of first grade was..." and including those in the video, too. Then I always show the video on the last day of school.

Goofyernmost

17 hours or 61200 seconds
Kind of intrigued me so I decided to do some scary math. I am close to 74 years old and based on an average heart rate of 70 beats per minute my heart has beat 2,722,608,000 times approximately. In time/ seconds that would be 86,400 seconds per day, 31,536,000 seconds per year, In my case 2,333,664,000 seconds total. Big numbers, me thinks! No wonder I'm tired all the time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom