Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

We have some freezing rain coming tomorrow morning, around commute time, but I'm hoping it'll hold off until I'm at school. Then Friday afternoon/evening and into Saturday it looks like I'm far enough south that I'll get just rain. But if it shifts 30 miles, I could get a good chunk of snow. Then next Wednesday our high is 63. :oops:
Even the Raleigh area is supposed to get to 29 degrees F by sunrise Thursday morning and not get above 46 Degrees. No precipitation is expected and by Saturday at sunrise it is supposed to be close to 60 with a high around 75.

Songbird76

They are employed full-time by the district and show up to their contract hours just like teachers. They get benefits and everything. Since there is always a need for subs, they always have a job. But if they didn't have a placement for the day, they would help out with other things. But if a teacher needs off, the full-time subs are automatically placed somewhere. Then if more subs are needed, they go with someone who is just filling in for the day.
That makes sense. I'm sure it was great for people who wanted a steady job, but maybe not necessarily always the same position. Do your subs have to have a degree in education or anything? I don't think ours required an actual college diploma, but they preferred you had some college. I'm not sure how many of the subs were actually college graduates, let alone in an education field, which might be why I got called nearly every day. I suppose qualified subs probably had a bit of priority, but I don't know. I actually kind of liked going to different schools. It was always something new and different, and if you had a really awful day, you were somewhere else the next. I didn't particularly like subbing in secondary schools. I still looked like one of the students, so teachers didn't always see me as an "equal" and high school kids are AWFUL to subs. With elementary kids, they are easily impressed...all I had to do was use mnemonic devices to remember their names and by the end of the day they loved me. Easy peezy.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So I woke up today to……………………..nothing. Not even flurries!

Not that I’m complaining!!!
sorry tv land GIF by #Impastor

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS , If you want to become pen pals with Santa Claus, you can send him a letter, via the Canada Post mail system. He has his own zip code.

Here is the address: Santa Claus, North Pole, HOH OHO, Canada.
Canada Post employees will actually answer the letters … on behalf of Santa, ‘cause you know, he’s a little busy this time of year.

NYwdwfan

Michael Jordan’s was my birthday. Carmine’s was before Frozen; and then again with just the menfolk while I stayed at the hotel, before Billy Joel.

After the Rockettes, we went to a Mid-Town pub - 2nd floor. (I probably had bangers and mash.) 😂 It doesn’t appear that I kept the pics though. You paid.

OK Sheldon.

BTW - I DO remember that pub. It was a hole in the wall and outstanding. We sat upstairs by the front window. And I remember loving the french onion soup.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
OK Sheldon.

BTW - I DO remember that pub. It was a hole in the wall and outstanding. We sat upstairs by the front window. And I remember loving the french onion soup.
You and I sat on one side of the table - you to my left, with our backs against the window. Bar was to your left.

Mike sat across from us. Probably finished everyone’s food. He’s helpful that way.

Goofyernmost

OK Sheldon.

And yet can't master a ladder without practically crippling herself. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I'm pretty sure that I am closing in on whatever my strength(s) is. My weaknesses would take up the entire interwebs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom