Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

I qualify that as "extra crap".

But I prefer almost everything plain. Pretty much just the meat and the cheese. Can you tell I'm from Wisconsin?
You should meet my grandson. Taco's with just meat and cheese. I don't know why he has found the Grande yet. I'll have to mention it to him.

Songbird76

I qualify that as "extra crap".

But I prefer almost everything plain. Pretty much just the meat and the cheese. Can you tell I'm from Wisconsin?
I agree with you, but I don't like cheese unless it's melted. I always do tacos with just the meat and lettuce. Though the pic posted seemed to have melted cheese, so I'd be ok with that. But no onions, or tomatoes, or sour cream or anything. JUST the meat and cheese in this case.

trr1

January 29

January 30

January 31

JANUARY INTERNATIONAL DAYS

January 31

NATIONAL MONTHS IN FEBRUARY

Monthly Observances

NATIONAL WEEKS IN FEBRUARY

NATIONAL DAYS IN FEBRUARY

February 1

February 2

February 3

February 4

INTERNATIONAL DAYS IN FEBRUARY

February 2

February 3

February 4

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
To my teacher friends on this forum: Today I was "observed". My students came thru 4 me. It went well! :)

I'm glad your observation went well. I still get a little nervous when the boss comes in. I'm supposed to get observed a couple times this year but he hasn't come in yet. We do have to record and post our Zooms so maybe he has watched those.

PUSH

Original Poster
Our assistant principal does my evaluations for EE. Last year he based my entire EE off of 10 minutes of morning meeting. This year he hasn't come into my room once for an observation, but he said he would be coming in about 5 times already this year. My first two years were under a different principal, and she observed me once in those two years.

Goofyernmost

Our assistant principal does my evaluations for EE. Last year he based my entire EE off of 10 minutes of morning meeting. This year he hasn't come into my room once for an observation, but he said he would be coming in about 5 times already this year. My first two years were under a different principal, and she observed me once in those two years.
As long as they don't give you a bad review what is wrong with that? Must be no complaints! Sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get more grease. Sometimes it get taken off and thrown way.

PUSH

Original Poster
As long as they don't give you a bad review what is wrong with that? Must be no complaints! Sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get more grease. Sometimes it get taken off and thrown way.
It's just annoying that I have to put in hours of work completing my EE each year to know nobody is really looking at it. If that's the case, just don't have us do it.

PUSH

Original Poster
We don't have to do any Educator Effectiveness stuff this year. We were told that we would be doing enough learning and modifications to our teaching this year with all the virtual stuff.
To start the year we were told we were going to do it, but then we were told we only have to do some of it. I am very unclear on what we actually need to do this year.

Goofyernmost

It's just annoying that I have to put in hours of work completing my EE each year to know nobody is really looking at it. If that's the case, just don't have us do it.
One never mentioned management trick is to always leave a threat, the more subtle the better. If they make you think that they could be checking you out at any random time, then you will probably be prepared. Caution though, in order for it to work they have to do it occasionally. For you it was 2 hours last year, but they still might show up and then you will be ready. If they don't show up but still threaten common human paranoia will have you being ready next year as well.

PUSH

Original Poster
One never mentioned management trick is to always leave a threat, the more subtle the better. If they make you think that they could be checking you out at any random time, then you will probably be prepared. Caution though, in order for it to work they have to do it occasionally. For you it was 2 hours last year, but they still might show up and then you will be ready. If they don't show up but still threaten common human paranoia will have you being ready next year as well.
Or just trust that I am doing my job.

Goofyernmost

Or just trust that I am doing my job.
The sad thing about life is that even though you are dedicated and do a very good job, these days that quality is sadly lacking in our society. Now it is more of a contest to see how much one can get away with and do the minimum required to keep their jobs and that is it. And they all say the same thing... just trust me. The trick is to not take it personally. In your case it is a thing that hopefully makes the education system better and more beneficial to all the children. Look at it as being something that you do to make yourself a better teacher and not necessarily just do it for the boss. Bosses are all idiots anyway or at least that is what they called me quite often during my career. 😩🤫 Also, believe me, one thing is universal, if they even suspected you of not doing over 100% they would be on you like stink on poop. Not being over evaluated really is a sign of trust that you are doing your job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom