Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS , how is your new dog? Is he getting any bigger (just kidding -- I know he's a little tyke)! :happy:

He's such a cutie, and perfect for your family. My dog keeps plugging along. He's about 11 1/2 years old now, with little signs of slowing down. He'd getting bolder stealing food off counters and table. It used to be we had about 5 seconds to guard food, before he snuck away with it. Now, we're down to about 2 seconds, tops! :jawdrop:
She’s good - thank you for asking. Up to 5 lbs now ... about 2/3 full grown. Finally completed all shots! Because she’s so small, everything had to be spaced out every two weeks. She gets spayed and microchipped in 3 weeks.

She is an absolute delight, and I’m so glad we got her. Mike and the boys are in love with her. She had a bit of an upset tummy last week, went the whole day without eating, and threw up a few times. If you think I was worried, you should have seen the menfolk. 😂 (Ski was out with friends and phoned me twice to see if she was okay.)

We don’t let her eat people food, but when I’m making work sandwiches every day, sometimes gravity compels microscopic pieces of roast beef or turkey her way. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

NYwdwfan

She’s good - thank you for asking. Up to 5 lbs now ... about 2/3 full grown. Finally completed all shots! Because she’s so small, everything had to be spaced out every two weeks. She gets spayed and microchipped in 3 weeks.

She is an absolute delight, and I’m so glad we got her. Mike and the boys are in love with her. She had a bit of an upset tummy last week, went the whole day without eating, and threw up a few times. If you think I was worried, you should have seen the menfolk. 😂 (Ski was out with friends and phoned me twice to see if she was okay.)

We don’t let her eat people food, but when I’m making work sandwiches every day, sometimes gravity compels microscopic pieces of roast beef or turkey her way. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

My daughter was sneaking pieces of string cheese to the dogs. Now, thanks to her, if you open the cheese wrapper the dog will be right in your face in under .2 seconds flat. He somehow knows the difference between that wrapper and anything else. It's really impressive.

PUSH

Original Poster
My daughter was sneaking pieces of string cheese to the dogs. Now, thanks to her, if you open the cheese wrapper the dog will be right in your face in under .2 seconds flat. He somehow knows the difference between that wrapper and anything else. It's really impressive.
My dog knows the difference between fresh tap water and old tap water. She will scratch at her water until she gets fresh stuff. So one day I tried taking her bowl to the sink, turning on the faucet, but not changing out the water. I went back over and set the old stuff back down. She sniffed it a little, then looked back up at me like I was an idiot. So then I went and switched it to fresh stuff, and she drank it right away. I've done this experiment a few times and it goes that way every time.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

All dogs innately know the sound of cheese wrappers.

And chip bags. And salad bags. (at least at our house)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My dog knows the difference between fresh tap water and old tap water. She will scratch at her water until she gets fresh stuff. So one day I tried taking her bowl to the sink, turning on the faucet, but not changing out the water. I went back over and set the old stuff back down. She sniffed it a little, then looked back up at me like I was an idiot. So then I went and switched it to fresh stuff, and she drank it right away. I've done this experiment a few times and it goes that way every time.
My pets only drink cold spring water from the water cooler. Municipal tap water here is heavily chlorinated, and makes them cough.

Daisy wants to go to bed but nobody took the bait, so she pulled my robe off of the chair (I had been folding laundry and got hot), and snuggled down.

FA98895B-5C9B-4094-B2DB-E922778D7D93.jpeg

Songbird76

My pets only drink cold spring water from the water cooler. Municipal tap water here is heavily chlorinated, and makes them cough.

Daisy wants to go to bed but nobody took the bait, so she pulled my robe off of the chair (I had been folding laundry and got hot), and snuggled down.

View attachment 501888
She looks quite comfortable. And obviously resourceful!

trr1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October International Days​

October 2
October 3
October 4
October 5
October 6
October 7
October 8

SteveBrickNJ

I always appreciate reading the weekly posting of "National" Days. :cool:
Talking about "Days", for me it is now easy to think that I'm experiencing a FRIDAY when it is actually a THURSDAY.
In my district, the staff is teaching in the school buildings Mon. - Thurs. and then teaching from home on Fridays.
So "Thursday is the new Friday". :D
Yet lest anyone misunderstand...we are teaching students live over Google Meet on Fridays.
I even have a virtual Faculty Meeting in the afternoon.;)

trr1

I always appreciate reading the weekly posting of "National" Days. :cool:
Talking about "Days", for me it is now easy to think that I'm experiencing a FRIDAY when it is actually a THURSDAY.
In my district, the staff is teaching in the school buildings Mon. - Thurs. and then teaching from home on Fridays.
So "Thursday is the new Friday". :D
Yet lest anyone misunderstand...we are teaching students live over Google Meet on Fridays.
I even have a virtual Faculty Meeting in the afternoon.;)
so is Virtual Faculty Meeting actually code for Virtual Happy Hour
1601596247632.png

Goofyernmost

Hey @Goofyernmost -- I knew that Vermont was noted for good growing conditions, but this is a world record -- a man grew a 115-POUND Zucchini!! :joyfull:

In my mind if no one ever grew another Zucchini, of any size, again, I'd be OK with that. However, considering the short growing season in Vermont, that is impressive. Now put the Zucchini into the worlds largest loaf of Zucchini Bread and go tune up the Snow Blower and make sure the heating oil tank is full and the furnace is ready to power through the next season.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
In my mind if no one ever grew another Zucchini, of any size, again, I'd be OK with that. However, considering the short growing season in Vermont, that is impressive. Now put the Zucchini into the worlds largest loaf of Zucchini Bread and go tune up the Snow Blower and make sure the heating oil tank is full and the furnace is ready to power through the next season.
I love zucchini. And zucchini bread.

The aubergine ... not so much. Okay, not at all.
(Must not use eggplant emoji because apparently it means something naughty.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I like zucchini bread, too, but haven't had it in ages. Yesterday, I bought a pumpkin bread, and that is real tasty! :hungry: I love pumpkin flavor in a variety of sweet items, including PIE. :inlove: :inlove: I'll have to get some pie soon.

Songbird76

I don't mind eggplant...it's similar to zucchini, but squishier. My friend made this traditional Iranian dish called Kechkabodemjun (I probably murdered that spelling) with eggplant, zucchini, and some kind of yoghurt, baked in the oven and then you spread it on bread...so good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom