Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

Meteorologists just predict the weather in their spare time.
It could be that meteorologists get intense exposure to weather all over the world. The good ones move to better climate and the ones that use the coin toss method to determine what the forecast will be stay in the north. I found a massive difference when I moved to NC. If they tell you that the rain, snow, wind, cold or warm is going to be here at 3pm tomorrow then you can be almost 100% sure that which ever one they forecast will be showing up at 3PM. It's almost scary.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had great time. It’s a lot harder than it looks just to get the stone to make it all the way to the house. I didn’t think I did very well but I enjoyed it and it’s something I’d like to try to get good at, so I decided to go ahead and join the Orlando Curling Club.

View attachment 272188

Good for you! Sometimes it's fun to try something completely different. I'm sure you'll meet some nice people through this club as well.

(It's always interesting to me to see ice sports such as curling and ice skating in Orlando--I always think of that area as being so hot and humid. So for you, it will be a nice break from the hot sun. A win-win! :happy: )

Nemo14

I had great time. It’s a lot harder than it looks just to get the stone to make it all the way to the house. I didn’t think I did very well but I enjoyed it and it’s something I’d like to try to get good at, so I decided to go ahead and join the Orlando Curling Club.

View attachment 272188
I would have fallen on my behind just getting out there on the ice!

Glad you had a good time though.

NYwdwfan

Good for you! Sometimes it's fun to try something completely different. I'm sure you'll meet some nice people through this club as well.

(It's always interesting to me to see ice sports such as curling and ice skating in Orlando--I always think of that area as being so hot and humid. So for you, it will be a nice break from the hot sun. A win-win! :happy: )

When my kids were skating/playing hockey there was nothing better than watching a game in the stands on those 95 degree days in shorts and a tank top.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 272188

Sounds fantastic! I'm sure you'll improve with practice and have fun doing it.

Tick Tock

Regardless of how tired I'm growing of this particular winter's presence, I'd still be doing exactly what @Eric1955 is doing if I lived in Central Fla year round: Join any club to spend some quality time around ice... a.k.a. OUT of the sun & humidity for awhile! Even if it's just once a week, it would be a must-do.

Week #1 of living in Fla, I'd be like: "Bring on the beaches, the swamps, the theme parks, the sun!

Week #52 of living in Fla:
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom