Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It would seem to me to be a very small problem. After all, it has already been used for the purpose it was created. The wedding is over, the reception is just a place to party. Shortly after it will be put in storage never to be seen again until some grandchild finds it while cleaning out your place and uses is for dust rags. I'd let people paint graffiti on it after the official ceremony. How many women actually ever look at it again for nostalgic purposes. I'll bet it is a small percentage. I don't even know what happened to my wife's gown. When she left I don't remember if she took it with her and if she did what happened to it after that. I know it wasn't among her belongings when my daughters moved her down to NC. She even either sold her wedding ring and engagement ring because that was never located either. That can't be right... who would buy a used wedding ring. Maybe an engagement ring, but, who knows.
My wedding dress was cleaned, boxed, and then sent to Africa with Auntie, where it was worn by more than a dozen different Tanzanian brides. 🙂

Goofyernmost

My wedding dress was cleaned, boxed, and then sent to Africa with Auntie, where it was worn by more than a dozen different Tanzanian brides. 🙂
Cool, but, very few people in the world know your Auntie personally. So what about the rest of the world? Did she by any chance take my wife's with her too? Just asking? ;):)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It would seem to me to be a very small problem. After all, it has already been used for the purpose it was created. The wedding is over, the reception is just a place to party. Shortly after it will be put in storage never to be seen again until some grandchild finds it while cleaning out your place and uses is for dust rags. I'd let people paint graffiti on it after the official ceremony. How many women actually ever look at it again for nostalgic purposes. I'll bet it is a small percentage. I don't even know what happened to my wife's gown. When she left I don't remember if she took it with her and if she did what happened to it after that. I know it wasn't among her belongings when my daughters moved her down to NC. She either lost or sold or threw away her wedding ring and engagement ring because that was never located either. That can't be right... who would buy a used wedding ring. Maybe an engagement ring, but, who knows.

After it went to the cleaners, mine was in my closet for a few years. Then it dawned on me that there may be women who didn't have much money to buy a beautiful dress, so I donated it to Goodwill.

Goofyernmost

After it went to the cleaners, mine was in my closet for a few years. Then it dawned on me that there may be women who didn't have much money to buy a beautiful dress, so I donated it to Goodwill.
Good for you. Great usage. One of the charities around here have a whole large rack of wedding gowns. The trick is the find one where the marriage was a good one. Who would want to get married in a gown that already had a failure attached to it. Seems like bad karma.;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Wish they didn't do a "fade" of the gentleman (nurse) to the left of the nurse in front. Men also make excellent nurses, and although more men are entering the profession, my boss would like to see those numbers go much higher. At my hospital, the promotional photos show both genders equally, and minority representation is also included, along with Caucasian.

Songbird76

I love nurses!!! A good nurse is like gold! My mom was so so lucky to have amazing nurses when she was sick. Always upbeat and helpful, and just great at their jobs. It was like we were patients too...they took care of all of us, not just my mom. They were fantastic, and nurses don't get paid NEARLY enough to do what they do!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom