Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I don’t get it.
Gord Downie, the lead singer of THE quintessential Canadian band, The Tragically Hip, died of a brain tumour on Tuesday night. Last summer, immediately following his diagnosis, the band embarked on a cross country farewell tour.

The final concert was broadcast live on CBC, commercial free on August 20. More than 1/3 of the country tuned in to watch. It was the second most watched Canadian event in history - second only to the Canadians beating the US for the Men’s Olympic Hockey Gold Medal in 2010 in Vancouver.

We had friends over, and watched it outside on the big screen. It was a rite of passage.
1C0C16B6-E1E8-4E93-AECB-1A13ABE8F2A9.jpeg
503398CE-642E-47F5-BADB-B9F419BBF1A7.jpeg

The outpouring of emotions and tributes is akin to how the Brits treated the death of Diana. We’re not an emotional nation. This transcends that. Our PM bawled. (He’s a former drama teacher, so that may or may not mean anything. :rolleyes:)
EEAEFC6B-A95A-4AE1-8158-CBF83338D452.jpeg

The Parliament Buildings are the equivalent of your White House. The fact that the flag is flying at half staff and the bells are playing Bobcaygeon is significant. It’s a tribute to the man, his music, his fans, and to all Canadians. Spontaneous rounds of Bobcaygeon are breaking out everywhere.

We were in Kingston two nights before that final concert.
C0BE4F21-04FC-4E8E-BDD5-F96C71622EC1.jpeg
FBC3F0D4-4BAC-4ED6-A0A0-B26B8A55200F.jpeg

Even Pretty Boy attended the concert, appropriately attired, of course.
0FFD0036-D634-468C-94F4-3C24E349579F.jpeg
90D87B54-E1EC-4884-A5F8-10797D595B65.jpeg

The PM and Gord, that night.
3F6D4A55-62F9-4188-A001-153A8FFD8DE9.jpeg

For us, it’s like if the Beatles had been together for 33 years, and then were all killed together in a tragic accident. As your President would say, “It’s huge”. :cry:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Sure - you weren't working for HOW LONG and they couldn't summon you then?
I know, right?! Technically, this is just to see if I’m eligible to be added to the roll of potential jurors. (I am. :()

I accidentally lost (I blame the cleaning lady) this form the last time it came a few years ago. I dare not lose it a second time. Plus, there’s currently no cleaning lady to blame.

Mike S

Gord Downie, the lead singer of THE quintessential Canadian band, The Tragically Hip, died of a brain tumour on Tuesday night. Last summer, immediately following his diagnosis, the band embarked on a cross country farewell tour.

The final concert was broadcast live on CBC, commercial free on August 20. More than 1/3 of the country tuned in to watch. It was the second most watched Canadian event in history - second only to the Canadians beating the US for the Men’s Olympic Hockey Gold Medal in 2010 in Vancouver.

We had friends over, and watched it outside on the big screen. It was a rite of passage.
View attachment 239318
View attachment 239319

The outpouring of emotions and tributes is akin to how the Brits treated the death of Diana. We’re not an emotional nation. This transcends that. Our PM bawled. (He’s a former drama teacher, so that may or may not mean anything. :rolleyes:)
View attachment 239328

The Parliament Buildings are the equivalent of your White House. The fact that the flag is flying at half staff and the bells are playing Bobcaygeon is significant. It’s a tribute to the man, his music, his fans, and to all Canadians. Spontaneous rounds of Bobcaygeon are breaking out everywhere.

We were in Kingston two nights before that final concert.
View attachment 239316
View attachment 239317

Even Pretty Boy attended the concert, appropriately attired, of course.
View attachment 239329
View attachment 239330

The PM and Gord, that night.
View attachment 239331

For us, it’s like if the Beatles had been together for 33 years, and then were all killed together in a tragic accident. As your President would say, “It’s huge”. :cry:

Bigger than RUSH?

Wow, that’s big.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom