Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

Two in one day

Oscar-winning actress Patty Duke has died, agent says

Actress Patty Duke is seen during an interview in New York, Nov. 18, 2002.

NEW YORK

Patty Duke, who won an Oscar as a teen for "The Miracle Worker" and maintained a long and successful career throughout her life while battling personal demons, has died at the age of 69.

Duke's agent, Mitchell Stubbs, says the actress died early Tuesday morning of sepsis from a ruptured intestine. She died in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, according to Teri Weigel, the publicist for her son, actor Sean Astin.

Duke, born Anna Marie Pearce, followed on her early success playing the young Helen Keller with a popular sitcom, "The Patty Duke Show," which aired for three seasons in the mid-1960s. She played dual roles under an unconventional premise: identical cousins living in Brooklyn Heights, New York.

In 2015, she played twin roles again: as a pair of grandmas on an episode of "Liv and Maddie," a series on the Disney Channel.

NYwdwfan

Two in one day

Oscar-winning actress Patty Duke has died, agent says

Actress Patty Duke is seen during an interview in New York, Nov. 18, 2002.

NEW YORK

Patty Duke, who won an Oscar as a teen for "The Miracle Worker" and maintained a long and successful career throughout her life while battling personal demons, has died at the age of 69.

Duke's agent, Mitchell Stubbs, says the actress died early Tuesday morning of sepsis from a ruptured intestine. She died in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, according to Teri Weigel, the publicist for her son, actor Sean Astin.

Duke, born Anna Marie Pearce, followed on her early success playing the young Helen Keller with a popular sitcom, "The Patty Duke Show," which aired for three seasons in the mid-1960s. She played dual roles under an unconventional premise: identical cousins living in Brooklyn Heights, New York.

In 2015, she played twin roles again: as a pair of grandmas on an episode of "Liv and Maddie," a series on the Disney Channel.

I feel like I didn't know she was Sean Astin's mom.

Sad day for sure.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
well...just received some sad news from DW. Her grandfather has had failing health for quite some time. She just heard that he is back in the hospital and most likely will not make it through the week. DW's parents are flying out to Belgium so they can be with him. Although very sad, DW is thankful that she was able to bring the kid to Belgium this past fall so that he was able to meet his great-granddaughter once before he passed.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
well...just received some sad news from DW. Her grandfather has had failing health for quite some time. She just heard that he is back in the hospital and most likely will not make it through the week. DW's parents are flying out to Belgium so they can be with him. Although very sad, DW is thankful that she was able to bring the kid to Belgium this past fall so that he was able to meet his great-granddaughter once before he passed.
That is sad. Praying he has a peaceful passing.

PUSH

Original Poster
Sorry to hear that. I hope he doesn't suffer too much.

Lucky

You forgot that today was also National Vietnam Veterans Day! Not as popular as Lemon Chiffon Cake, but, still worthy of mention. :)
I just toured the Vietnam Memorial with DW and DS. We went for a 4-mail walk to see the cherry blossoms. The Jefferson, FDR & MLK memorials are on that route, and on the way back we stopped at the Lincoln and Vietnam memorials.

We skipped the Lemon Chiffon Cake Memorial. It was too crowded.

NYwdwfan

So sorry :(

Nemo14

So sorry to hear this - it's never easy regardless of the person's age. I pray that his passing is peaceful and that you and your family take comfort in the wonderful visit you had with him this year. ((hug))

Nemo14

I just toured the Vietnam Memorial with DW and DS. We went for a 4-mail walk to see the cherry blossoms. The Jefferson, FDR & MLK memorials are on that route, and on the way back we stopped at the Lincoln and Vietnam memorials.

We skipped the Lemon Chiffon Cake Memorial. It was too crowded.
I don't blame you for skipping that one - I always opt for the Chocolate Mousse one myself.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Sorry to hear about this.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Enjoy them while you can, as these are the last food pictures for a long, long time!
I bought clothes today for my return to work, and ugh! Just ugh!

Anyways, here we go. Famous Dave's All American Feast for Two. And bonus, it's on special tonight. $10 off!

image.jpeg

Rotate:
image.jpeg

And again:
image.jpeg

My plate:
image.jpeg

And another view:
image.jpeg
Conspicuously absent from my plate: corn on the cob (Hubby's fave), fries (not a fan), and ribs (not my thing anymore.). I did however, have a little more garlic mashed potatoes and cole slaw.

Hubby polished off all the rest, except for the corn muffins, which we're taking to go.

NYwdwfan

Enjoy them while you can, as these are the last food pictures for a long, long time!

Anyways, here we go. Famous Dave's All American Feast for Two. And bonus, it's on special tonight. $10 off!

View attachment 136095

Rotate:
View attachment 136096

And again:
View attachment 136097

My plate:
View attachment 136098

And another view:
View attachment 136099
Conspicuously absent from my plate: corn on the cob (Hubby's fave), fries (not a fan), and ribs (not my thing anymore.). I did however, have a little more garlic mashed potatoes and cole slaw.

Hubby polished off all the rest, except for the corn muffins, which we're taking to go.

I made a spiral ham. The one we bought for Easter before my mother in law decided she wanted a fresh ham. It was yummy and there are a LOT of leftovers. My daughter made mashed potatoes - which are fast becoming her specialty!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 136095

Rotate:
View attachment 136096

And again:
View attachment 136097

My plate:
View attachment 136098

And another view:
View attachment 136099

My hubby is jealous, Famous Dave's is his favorite restaurant. He even has a Famous Dave's cookbook and makes the ribs out of there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom