Where in The World am I?

montyz81

Original Poster
My family had this picture taken at Epcot in 1983. I am not sure where it is however, after seeing some recent video of JII, I suspect it is in there somewhere. I used to think it was at MK somewhere in "If you had Wings". Can anyone tell me exactly where I am in this picture?
2721971513_d18394ce77.jpg

BTW: I am the shortest one in this bunch! I was 12 in that picture.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Aww.... :D

You were upstairs in Imagination, in the Imageworks lobby. That`s the elevator behind you, and the structure supporting it would have gone towards the roof of the pyramid with a Figment sat on top.

Sadly I can even tell you the camera was facing south west, and Spaceship Earth was behind the photographer.

montyz81

Original Poster
What is really sad is I don't even remember being up there. The only thing I remember about imagination is watching the dreamfinder for like 15 minutes. I used to think I was in a theater watching him. I just now realized that it must have been the turntable. I wish I could remember that cause I would have paid more attention to the technology around the turntable instead of the show. :brick:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, Dreamfinder was on screens all over the Imageworks - in particular his school of drama featured a lot of him on the overhead monitors.

GrimGrinningGuy

Aww.... :D

You were upstairs in Imagination, in the Imageworks lobby. That`s the elevator behind you, and the structure supporting it would have gone towards the roof of the pyramid with a Figment sat on top.

Sadly I can even tell you the camera was facing south west, and Spaceship Earth was behind the photographer.

Damn...

Brwneyedgirl72

I miss the old JII Imageworks....we could spend hours up there as kids. The new one doesn't even come close in comparrison. I miss that rainbow tunnel!!!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
....and stood roughly where these people are, against the barrier:

Attachments

• 385553668_8a4d6bf850_o.jpg
    385553668_8a4d6bf850_o.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 41

Thiger

Bravo!

It would be fun to see a 'where in the world...' game where its multiple choice for a bunch of locations/photos.

montyz81

Original Poster
Bravo!

It would be fun to see a 'where in the world...' game where its multiple choice for a bunch of locations/photos.

It would be a fun game. I got to tell you though, I have been looking at this picture for years and only today did I realize it was not in "If you had wings" This has truely helped me. Thanks guys.

WildLodgeFan

My very first trip to Epcot was in 1989. I don't think I ever got to the upstairs of the Imageworks, sadly.

1989 was my first year to the world - I was 19 and went with my soon to be husband. Boy it seems hard to believe we will be celebrating 18 years of marriage this August. I need to dig into those old photos before we go down and see how things have changed.

Jerm

These are from the Undiscovered Future World Tour from 03
2723754823_197e1782a8.jpg
2723755009_3d54422c7c.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom