where in pop do you prefer?

mary219

OK I took the advice of the majority of responders to my first question and dropped the preferred room at pop and booked an extra night instead.Thank you for all the responses.this board has been very helpful in my trip planning.So my next question is.....while I know there is no guarantee of my request,where in pop century do you think is best?what building or area do you prefer.I am leaning towards requesting the 70s building because its when i grew up,but i was wondering from all you experienced travelers what you thought.thanks much

Migs31091

I stay at Pop only once. We were assigned two 70's room on the Mickey phone side. Listen, if you can request an outside room in the building facing the lake, you have to do it. I sware to you we had the rooms on the bottom floor and we rarely had kids running down the walkway, plus you wake up in the morning and stepping outside and seeing the lake. :) Plus Century Hall is only 3 mins away from the 70's. Since you grew up in the 70's its good to know that they play awesome 70's music during the day in the courtyard. Enjoy your stay!:D

-Migs

P.S. If you do stay in the 70's, use the 80's parking!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We've stayed at POP 4 times, always liked it we walk thru , always alot to look at in and out. Don't mind the values, save money, great themes, never had a bad time. Besides, POP has the best store of all the values. Have fun, and if DH starts to whine, get him his own room.:animwink:

Upvote 0

Kadee

We've stayed at POP 4 times, always liked it we walk thru , always alot to look at in and out. Don't mind the values, save money, great themes, never had a bad time. Besides, POP has the best store of all the values. Have fun, and if DH starts to whine, get him his own room.:animwink:

I have threatened that several times! :lol: Maybe I should follow through..... or better yet, get a room for just ME! Then, I may be able to get some sleep!:snore:

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
My DD (DisneyChik17) somehow talked us into staying at the Pop. DH HATES value resorts...won't go into the reasons.... but he gave in this time. We hate noise at night and he hates long walks to the bus. I REALLY hope we don't regret it. DD is SO excited about staying there. I personally would rather have the quiet than a shorter walk. Nothing looks too far away, but I guess I will see in 3 weeks.

I just stayed there about 3 weeks ago. Hated it due to all the commotion and the crowds in the food court.

I compared it to 'living at the mall'. The rooms were basic and functional. We had a room in the 60s.. all the way near the lake, ground floor. While it was kinda neat looking... the novelty wore off real quick when you come home late at night and the grand hall is packed with people doing everywhich thing.. people everywhere.. food court always slammed.

Wasn't a very relaxing place IMO. Not much of a 'resort', just a functional hotel... but one that we had to walk through crowded loud areas all the time to get to our room. :(

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Make the request over the phone when you make your reservation. They'll note it on your reservation. However, whether or not you get it is entirely up to the CM who handles your check in when you arrive at the resort. So, when you arrive, reiterate your request. In almost all cases, if they can accomodate you (within reason, of course), they will. I always request a non-smoking room, for example, and have always been given one.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

I have threatened that several times! :lol: Maybe I should follow through..... or better yet, get a room for just ME! Then, I may be able to get some sleep!:snore:
And just think the money you save on NOT getting the extra room, you can get so many more souvies, snacks, and whatever. ( maybe something small for DH ) just to let him know what he missed! :animwink: :animwink:

Upvote 0

figment1985

I just stayed there about 3 weeks ago. Hated it due to all the commotion and the crowds in the food court.

I compared it to 'living at the mall'. The rooms were basic and functional. We had a room in the 60s.. all the way near the lake, ground floor. While it was kinda neat looking... the novelty wore off real quick when you come home late at night and the grand hall is packed with people doing everywhich thing.. people everywhere.. food court always slammed.

Wasn't a very relaxing place IMO. Not much of a 'resort', just a functional hotel... but one that we had to walk through crowded loud areas all the time to get to our room. :(

You stayed there around spring break, you probably would have liked it a lot better if you stayed in September. It wasn't relaxing since it was crowded. It is relaxing during other times of the year. What do you expect, it's a value resort anyway.:dazzle:

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
You stayed there around spring break, you probably would have liked it a lot better if you stayed in September.

Sorry, that is a poor counter point. 'You should have stayed there when you are alone'. Uhh.. other places handle crowds without creating chaos.

And I wasn't there at spring break time. I was there March 1-3. Pretty early for most breaks. The parks were empty. POP on the other hand? Commotion everywhere.. kids skateboarding on the curbs out front.. etc.

The place really has no ambiance.. its a oversized Motel6 with big fiberglass figuires attached to the mall.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

We stayed in the 70s B building, facing the A building and loved it for the reasons listed before this post. One hint, ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room and you deal with alot less traffic going by your room every night or morning. I know most people are considerate of others but there is always that bunch that doesnt care that its 1 am and you have a 2 year old sleeping and thinks its okay to laugh and holler outside your room on the way to their room. These are probably the same people that dont get to the parks till noon and wonder why they had to stand in hour long lines.:brick:

Upvote 0

Icegoaliemom29

I believe the OP mentioned that they were staying in a standard room and asked which to request. Therefore, we would be recommending rooms that they would allowed to request. You can't request a preferred room if you've only paid for a standard.

Personally to me the preferred rooms are not worth it. Part of that building is still smoking so you still may be around a smoking room. However, I would check as soon as you get your room and if you are then you can ask to be moved. The preferred rooms have a tad-better location... but they're also next to the most crowded and Loud areas. However, this is just my opinion.

I believe that one of the 70's buildings is entirely non-smoking. I am sorry that I don't know exactly which one it is. You should ask about that building.
Wait, I found the following info on one of the web sites I have been cruising:
Non-smoking buildings are 2 (50s Jukebox); 3 (50's Tramp); 6 (70's Mickey); 7 (80's Roger Rabbit); 9 (80's radio); and 10 (70's Bigwheel)

I hope this helps.:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom