where in pop do you prefer?

mary219

OK I took the advice of the majority of responders to my first question and dropped the preferred room at pop and booked an extra night instead.Thank you for all the responses.this board has been very helpful in my trip planning.So my next question is.....while I know there is no guarantee of my request,where in pop century do you think is best?what building or area do you prefer.I am leaning towards requesting the 70s building because its when i grew up,but i was wondering from all you experienced travelers what you thought.thanks much

We just got back from a quick 3 night stay at the POP.

We stayed in the 60's building #5 on the opposite site of the main pool. This was a great location, a close walk to the main pool and to the restaurant.

First time ever at the POP and we will go back there again.

Upvote 0

MPitzen

Both times I've stayed at the Pop it was in the 70's. It was really nice because we were pretty much as close as you could get to the buses/dining, but we didn't have to deal with the loud & obnoxious people all night that we heard everytime we would go past the 60's. This could have just been at the time of year (during the summer).

Upvote 0

coltow

We loved the 70's building. We were in the Big Wheel section and it was perfect. It was only a 2 minute walk to the lobby/pool area.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The 70's building is the most convenient, in terms of food and walking to the bus stop.

I very much enjoy the 80's building, however. It's about a five minute walk to the bus stops, but you have to go across the parking lot, or it takes longer.

Upvote 0

littlered

we have stayed in the 70's building twice. the first time we requested a building close to the main building and we were put in the 70's building on the first floor on the corner nearest to the main building it was great. The second time we requested the seventies building again which we got, but this time we were put in the building closet to hourglass lake and our room was on the back side. nice view of lake but a little further from parking lot and main building. my preference would still be 70's but in the building closer to parking lot and main building. :wave:

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: We stay at POP quite a bit and we always request the 70's building. None of the buildings are really too far away anyway. we just like it there. the 90's is a lot farther walk but you can cut across the parking lot. the 50's and 60's I think are noisier cause of the main pool area.

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

We have stayed in te 80's & 90s sections the last two times we stayed there. Were making our reservations for there for in October & we're going to ask to stay in one of those sections again. Cut through the parkig lot, and it's a quick walk to the busses & fod court. Never had a problem with nise in those sections & one time was Easter weekend.

Upvote 0

firefly594

You know the BEST place, you really want to know...lean in and I will tell you......

Anywhere in DisneyWorld! Put me in any room at PoP, heck I am in DisneyWorld! I am not at work, or having my teeth cleaned or cleaning the house or anything in my dull demanding meaningless life.:hammer:

Give me a room at Pop anywhere and I will be the happiest woman on earth.

:) :) :)

~Donna

Upvote 0

imamouse

I also vote for the 70's section. I am very sensitive to noise, so I don't like to be close to a pool ("quiet" or otherwise).

Bldg #7 (Big Wheel) is now considered Preferred (at least some of it - might all be preferred now...not sure). Last week I stayed in Bldg #6 (Mickey Phone) on the back side. It was very quiet and we had a great view of hourglass lake.

If portions of bldg #7 are still Standard, they'd be my first choice. This bldg is very close to the food court and to the bus stop (go out the back way).

I've also stayed in the 90's section and it's not too bad - you just have to cross a large parking lot [which can be very hot in the summer] to access the bus stops and food court.

Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0
I talked to a CM at Pop and asked her the best area to request a room (mainly the best non-smoking area since my son as asthma) and she suggested the 60's building 4 (play-doh)
Are we not going to like this area? I've noticed no one has listed this area at all. Is it super bad? I was assuming(I know what they say about assuming, :lol: ) that since it was a preferred room, it would be good.
The main thing of course for us is the non-smoking but I'm curious to find out why no one likes this area.

Upvote 0

MPitzen

I talked to a CM at Pop and asked her the best area to request a room (mainly the best non-smoking area since my son as asthma) and she suggested the 60's building 4 (play-doh)
Are we not going to like this area? I've noticed no one has listed this area at all. Is it super bad? I was assuming(I know what they say about assuming, :lol: ) that since it was a preferred room, it would be good.
The main thing of course for us is the non-smoking but I'm curious to find out why no one likes this area.

I believe the OP mentioned that they were staying in a standard room and asked which to request. Therefore, we would be recommending rooms that they would allowed to request. You can't request a preferred room if you've only paid for a standard.

Personally to me the preferred rooms are not worth it. Part of that building is still smoking so you still may be around a smoking room. However, I would check as soon as you get your room and if you are then you can ask to be moved. The preferred rooms have a tad-better location... but they're also next to the most crowded and Loud areas. However, this is just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Kadee

My DD (DisneyChik17) somehow talked us into staying at the Pop. DH HATES value resorts...won't go into the reasons.... but he gave in this time. We hate noise at night and he hates long walks to the bus. I REALLY hope we don't regret it. DD is SO excited about staying there. I personally would rather have the quiet than a shorter walk. Nothing looks too far away, but I guess I will see in 3 weeks.

Upvote 0

figment1985

def the 60's or 70's

The 70's is good because it isn't as noisey and it's not RIGHT beside the pool. The walk is about the same to the buses because you can cut around the side main building.

map.GIF

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

50s, no doubt!

Specifically Lady and the Tramp, specifically on the back side overlooking HourGlass Lake.

We had a 4th floor room (non-smoking) and the view overlooked the lake and in the distance we could see both Wishes and Illuminations from the balcony. It was quite a nice treat, being our first stay ever at a Value. It was a great location, located centrally between the food court, bus stop, and (quiet) pool. If we ever must stay Value again, we will go here; it exceeded our expectations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom