Where have all the tollhouses gone?

sweetpee_1993

The 1st week of December while we were there I got so frustrated looking for them that I asked where they went at a cart between Mousegear and M:S or TT. The CM told me they stopped selling the tollhouse sandwiches. I almost fell over. Those were my favorite. I guess it's not such a bad thing. Now when the rest of the family stops for an ice cream break I just get a bottle of water.... :shrug:

Spyne

Well, that's a bummer. But I guess you can see why they did it, what with it being 700 calories and all. I'm not getting too bent out of shape about it though (heck, I'm on a diet anyway), at least certain locations still make the fresh ones though.

Senderella

I loved those! Doesn't Disney understand that people want to splurge on their vacations? It's the perfect time for indulging. I don't like the idea that the food police are watching out for me. I can do just fine on my own, thank you very much.

I gotta agree with ya tote. I'm sick of hearing about the food police sticking their noses into everything. It would be one thing if they're not selling (which I'm finding hard to believe) or they're planning on adding a new type of ice cream and this was the one that ended up on the chopping block (personally I think the Minnie Bars should've been the first to go). You'd think Disney wouldn't get in on the 1984 food police band wagon especially with all the walking the biggest majority of the guests end up doing. :brick:

BRER STITCH

I never even noticed they were missing from the carts, as they are so much better made fresh at the Main Street Bakery!

That's where we always get ours!

:slurp::slurp::slurp::slurp:

LAPVLB

Um they should still have them at the counter in MK Liberty Square - Sleepy Hollow. And the cookies are made fresh so it's better then at the carts.

Oh man. Is this the same ice cream between cookies they used to have at AK in Camp Minnie-Mickey? We made a special trip to AK just for my dad a while ago, and they just closed up!! He was extremely sad... :lol:

It would be great if Sleepy Hollow is where dad can get one!

Senderella

So what's the short list of places to get them made fresh in the parks now? Sleepy Hollow and the...bakery at MK? What about the other parks?

frazierle

cookies

thats it.....I'm canceling my trip in 5 days, 2hours, and 23 minutes.:zipit:
:ROFLOL: thanks god for the hula hoops poolside.:ROFLOL:

ISTCrew20

We were told that Nestle will eventually do away with Tollhouses' in the near future. All ice cream wagon locations at Magic Kingdom now have a Hagaan Dazs Vanilla and Almond Bar, retailing for $3.50.

We always switch to the Huey Duey and Louie Orange Juice bar for the summer months, with the Hagaan Dazs (used to be Tollhouse) in the colder months. Pre-summer 07 was the last time we carried Tollhouse.

You are able to get handmade 'tollhouse' sandwiches at The Bakery and Sleepy Hollow.

Also new are the two fruit wagons (one across from Space Mountain, and one with the Popcorn wagon in Adventureland), selling red/green apples, oranges, bananas, vegetable cups, mixed fruit and grape cups...and apple juice. All are snacks on the DDP if you choose.

And just this week, we started testing out fruit at all Ice Cream wagon locations. You can find Apples, Bananas and Oranges in baskets on the tops of Ice Cream wagons.

The frozen chocolate covered banana was also made widely available throughout the park, whereas before, you could only pick one up in Fantasyland and Adventureland.

dizzbuff

Not fair

First the hercules bar (chocolate icecream with carmel, covered in chocolate--a true chocolate lovers icecream bar!!) now the nestle cookie sandwhich?? I mean I understand that these are high in calories and all...but after walking around the parks all day and riding ....it is ''worked'' off...right?? I guess thankfully a more freshly baked one can still be found though.

kcw

Ever read the wrapper 700+ calories

nah, wrapper says 500.... I just got back from a late night Walgreens run, and after reading this thread (and walking by the freezer isle) I couldn't resist!! (granted I didn't eat all of it, so I probably only did 350 calories... hey, not bad! haha) :D

I can do just fine on my own, thank you very much.

but see, most people can't- hence the year long refurb of IASW at DLR....

DisneyPirate85

We had also noticed that they were MIA! However just a little tip, we did the DVC tour in 2006 for SSR and was able to get them after the tour then we did it again in 2007 for AKR and got them again! This was the only place we were able to find them! Not recomending the DVC tour just for the Tollhouse but 1 must do what 1 has too...lol.
But seriously here in our little part of Indiana we can no longer find them at Krogers or WalMart. I will try CVS thanks for that tip. And for the record we did buy into the DVC...must have been the TollHouse.:sohappy:

maryszhi

disney need to lay off the health thing , yeah its healthier, but not everybodys wants to eat healthy on the trip what i think they should do is have all the stuff they have always had, and then have healthier alternatives. that way everybody is happy
oh and i luv that cookie sandwhich, i actually had one two hours ago at my schools talent show....those cookies are awesome to ..especially suger

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've been hearing that Trans Fats, like the Tollhouse, are "unsafe at any consumption" and therefore are being banned pretty much everywhere.

BRER STITCH

For those of you who just can't wait until your next trip to WDW, you can make them at home!

Ultimate Ice Cream Sandwiches

Create the perfect summer escape with this incredible recipe for Ultimate Ice Cream Sandwiches.

With large, soft, chewy cookie sides, each full of delicious premium toppings ranging from macadamia nuts to peanut butter cups, this fun-to-eat treat is the "ultimate" indulgence for kids and adults alike.

Easy to make, this chilled delight is perfect for enjoying summer fun in the sun.

Estimated Times:
Preparation - 30 min | Cooking - 17 min | Cooling Time - 1 hrs freezing | Yields - 6 servings

Ingredients:

1 pkg. (16 oz.) * NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Ultimates™ Chocolate Chip Lovers Cookie Bar Dough
3 cups vanilla or chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels

Directions:
PREPARE cookies according to package directions. Cool completely.

PLACE 1/2 cup ice cream on flat side of 1 cookie; top with flat side of second cookie to make a sandwich. Roll sides of sandwiches in morsels. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.

* Other NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE ULTIMATES Refrigerated Cookie Bar Dough flavors which may be substituted are: Chocolate Chips & Chunks with Pecans, White Chip Macadamia Nut or Peanut Butter Cups, Chips & Chunks.

BRER STITCH

Before you all fall for the "Disney is looking out for my health" rumor, as a reason to accept the disappearance of the chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches, you can check out the Nestle website for the nutritional information.

It most likely became less profitable than some other thing they can sell at the same price...(orange drink bars, anyone???). We know the cookies are OK in moderation, but seriously, most humans can only eat one ice cream sandwich at a sitting. The "ice cream" they use could also be made available in FAT FREE or LOW FAT varieties and this snack could actually be healthier than many other things they are selling!

THERE ARE NO TRANS FATS IN NESTLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH!

Nestle's "Tollhouse" Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 oz. (28 g - 1 1/2 inch balls)
Servings Per Container about 32

Amount Per Serving
Calories 130
Calories from Fat 50
Total Fat 6.0g
Saturated Fat 3.0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg
Sodium 70mg
Total Carb. 18g
Dietary Fiber <1g
Sugars 11g
Protein 1g

Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom