Where Dreams Come True 5 DVD Set

schro513

Original Poster
Has anyone purchased this set in the parks? If so, what all do the discs include, and is it worth the price tag?

sbkline

I don't know the answers to your questions, but could you describe what the set is supposed to be about?

Personally, I'm pretty interested in eventually getting that set that keeps showing up at the bottom of this screen.

schro513

Original Poster
This was an official Disney set sold all over WDW that was sold as 5 individual dics or a a 5 pack at a reduced per disc price. All 4 parks were covered as was Disney Cruise Line. I'm not sure what all the content of the discs are or how long they are, the packaging was vague about that.

PotteryGal

We bought the DVD set when we were down there. Each disc covers one of the parks, plus the Disney cruise line. It's nice...covers all the basic parts of the parks. The Studios one shows a 'director and actress' touring Hollywood and seeing all the types of movies they could be in, using the different attractions at the Studios. AK's shows some guy on safari...I don't think I've watched Epcot yet, but they show Mickey/Minnie touring MK. It doesn't necessarily show all the new rides, but they bill it as a snapshot in time at WDW. Kind of like a video scrapbook.

PotteryGal

Approximately how long are each?

I'm sorry it doesn't say, and it's been a while since I watched it...I would guess 45 min - hour each? I think the Studios and AK are shorter, since they're smaller parks.
On the cover it says:
'Walt Disney World Resort is a living experience and as such, specific events, attractions, rides, programs and other materials portrayed in this video are subject to change w/out notice and may not be available when you visit. Please accept this program as a unique snapshot in time.'

Hope this helps! :wave:

Desperad07

ehhh

I bought the set when it was The Happiest Celebration on Earth. The 5th disc was the Happiest Homecoming (Disneyland). I expected a lot more. I had read about them online before I went there and then picked it up in Disney. I guess what grabbed me was talk of all these bonus features. The problem is it says things like "over 90 minutes of additional features". What that fails to tell you is that the 90 minutes includes basically watching the main feature with pop up trivia. I don't consider that a bonus that should be timed. So i was expecting all these extra documentary style clips. Another of the bonuses is watching the main feature with branching to smaller little features which is an absolute pain in the bum.

Not to mention, the main features are often like the vacation planning videos...obnoxious. I found the safari guy to be a bit over the top. So clearly this is aimed at kids/corny families. (I wonder if Disney realizes what kind of goldmine they'd have with a DVD geared at adult fans...with Making Of's, behind the scenes, etc.)

Though i have to admit, i dug the ride throughs that some of the DVDs have (i.e. the carriage ride down main street, the Disney railroad).

beanyman

I Bought the 5 disc box set when i went last nov for $80. Reading the back of the dvds made them sound good and like u get alot of extras but u dont really. Like other people have said u can get them for free at mousebits.com.so i would advise u to do that than pay what the parks charge for them.

kustomboy

You can not download the DVD's at mousebits.com. Mousebits strictly enforces a policy of not allowing commercially available material to be posted. However, mousebits does have numerous excellent fan made compilations and ride-thru videos.

beanyman

Sorry i didnt mean that u could download the dvds at mousbits but that u can get excellent fan made compilations like Kustomboy says that are just as good if not better than the dvds and they are free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom