Where do you think they could use Frozen in the parks?

Fable McCloud

Before Anna and Elsa, Rupunzel deserves more representation than a bathroom and a M&G. At DHS, change BATB to Tangled and VOTLM to a frozen show.

So glad SOMEONE mentioned my favorite princess and how she really ought to have more in the parks, and Merida and Tiana too. I know the classic ladies are well known, but I feel that anyone who came along after Ariel, Belle and Jasmine sort of gets the raw deal.

Pocahontas gets some time in AK, though less now that CMM is gone. Mulan is really only ever in China at Epcot. No presence for Jane, or Esmeralda, Meg...Kida, who IS a princess. I get it, it's hard to keep up. But the new royal court (Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida and the Frozen sisters) deserve a bit more representation.

I like the newer ladies the best because they have to most personality. The Renaissance ladies had it too, but sadly the classic princesses aside from Aurora who is a bit feisty, never really got developed enough.

Magenta Panther

We saw Frozen for the second time to day and we love the movie. We are such Disney World nuts we couldn't help but wonder where they could incorporate Frozen into the parks. I know they have a meet and greet in Norway but we thought a show would be cool! Maybe replace beauty and the beast or the little mermaid at Hollywood Studios. What to you guys think I can't really see a ride?

I think any Frozen attraction should be put in New Fantasyland. Along with a Villains attraction.

Magenta Panther

Before Anna and Elsa, Rupunzel deserves more representation than a bathroom and a M&G. At DHS, change BATB to Tangled and VOTLM to a frozen show.

I disagree. Tangled was meh. It's lucky to get a bathroom IMO. And as for it replacing Beauty, come on. Beauty has more appealing characters, a better story and WAY better songs. Tangled is hardly a worthy replacement for it.

I'd go along with a Frozen show replacing Mermaid, though, since Mermaid already has a somewhat-okay dark ride.

Matt_Black

No presence for Jane, or Esmeralda, Meg...Kida, who IS a princess.

Jane is out at Halloween. I don't know of the specifics, but remember, the character of Jane ISN'T owned by Disney- having her out more often might require paying more to the Burroughs Estate. Esmeralda and Meg are confusing, I admit- both were pretty popular and are almost honorary princesses, but it does seem like Meg gets a bit more love park wise. Kida... Well, I don't think her movie really flies with the target audience that the Princess line usually shoots for.

Matt_Black

I like the newer ladies the best because they have to most personality. The Renaissance ladies had it too, but sadly the classic princesses aside from Aurora who is a bit feisty, never really got developed enough.

Aurora is feisty? Anyway, I disagree about the classics not having developed personalities. Snow White, being an orphan, had idealized notions of motherhood (being fourteen, that's understandable). Notice how that when she thought the house was occupied by seven orphan children she kicked into overdrive. Furthermore, she didn't take any sass from these centuries old miners.

Cinderella? Man, she oozes personality. She can definitely be feisty. She lost her temper at both the clock and Lucifer (she was ready to jack that cat up). Furthermore, when she saw a loophole, she took it (she didn't expect her stepmother to be just as adept at loophole abuse, and Lady Tremaine wound up cheating at the end anyway).

Figaro928

I disagree. Tangled was meh. It's lucky to get a bathroom IMO. And as for it replacing Beauty, come on. Beauty has more appealing characters, a better story and WAY better songs. Tangled is hardly a worthy replacement for it.

I'd go along with a Frozen show replacing Mermaid, though, since Mermaid already has a somewhat-okay dark ride.
Tell that to my three year old daughter!!!

Beauty and the beast has a huge presence in NFL with an the attraction, restaurant and tavern. She's also represented in France in Epcot. I love Belle and being a kid from the early 90's the movie & music has a special place in my heart... but move over and make a little room for the other gals.

Matt_Black

Beauty and the beast has a huge presence in NFL with an the attraction, restaurant and tavern. She's also represented in France in Epcot. I love Belle and being a kid from the early 90's the movie & music has a special place in my heart... but move over and make a little room for the other gals.

I will say that of the Princesses I've met, Rapunzel might be consistently the most fun to interact with.

Magenta Panther

Sure, but Tangled? Meh. I'd rather have Tiana than Rapunzel. At least PatF had ONE good song.

KCheatle

I think Elsa/Anna will become a regular M&G at Epcot in Norway. I think Disney is realizing the importance of princess M&Gs in Epcot in the world showcase as a way to encourage people (esp. those with daughters) to walk around the entire thing and stop in the various countries to meet the princesses.

I don't know if they should "overhaul" Norway with Frozen??? I think it's too new to do anything that drastic. Plus, no other country has had a "princess overhaul". I think doing so would take away from the point of Epcot, which is to bring awareness to these different cultures. Frozen does not take place in Norway, so I think it would be doing a disservice to Norway to overhaul it with Frozen decor. Just my humble opinion...

Mukta

The World Showcase should showcase real countries, not fictional places. I don't want Frozen in the Norway pavilion.

One of the best things about Frozen was the music. I think it would be a great replacement for Voyage of the LM in DHS.

midwest_mice

I would hate to see them retheme Maelstrom. Maybe add another show building and have a dark ride in Norway. World Showcase needs a boost in attractions. They could do some additions to Blizzard Beach or even Winter Summerland mini golf.
Really would like to see an Olaf AA like Disneyland has at their meet n greet.

Tod&BigMamaOdie

I'm sure it's probably been suggested somewhere, but I believe making Elsa the featured princess at Akershus, replacing Belle, seems logical.
Like the idea of a Frozen show at DHS replacing either BatB or VotLM.

bethymouse

They could also do something with the American Idol "Theater". Turn it into a Frozen Dark Ride or something! Change the Backlot into a Frozen "Land".;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom