Where do you stay with 2kids+?

alpha0meqa

Original Poster
Hello all,

Just wondering where people stay with multiple kids? We have a 2yr old and a 4 year old. I'd probably rather have a separate room for the 2year old so we don't keep them up at night or something, doesn't seem like a lot of options for under 500000$ a night.

LovePop

Hello all,

Just wondering where people stay with multiple kids? We have a 2yr old and a 4 year old. I'd probably rather have a separate room for the 2year old so we don't keep them up at night or something, doesn't seem like a lot of options for under 500000$ a night.
There's Staybridge Suites Orlando Royale Parc Suites, an offsite property. They have a 1 bedroom suite with 1 king bed, 1 sofa bed, full kitchen, for $110 per night taxes included. You can be in different room from the kids, who can sleep on the sofa bed in the living room. The property is 10 minutes from Hollywood Studios and 10 minutes from Epcot. It is in walking distance of many restaurants and even a cheap amusement park called "Fun Spot." It is 10 minutes walk from the local grocery store called Publix, but is right against a quick service station and another small convenience store. Disadvantage: it doesn't provide transportation to the parks (except maybe once a day), but even counting uber fees (around $10 one way), it's much cheaper than getting a Disney one bedroom suite, and you don't have to wait for the bus or park.
I've never stayed there, but it looks interesting.

alpha0meqa

Original Poster
We stayed off site when we went a few years ago with a one year old. Baby slept in their own room in a crib. I don't have a preference. Just was wondering what options there are for multiple rooms. The pull out couch... Is that comfortable enough for the kids to get good sleep?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You could just book 2 rooms at a value and request connecting rooms and hope they can manage it.
Or you could book a family suite at AOA although the prices are really getting up there.
All Star Music isn't open as of yet but their family suite prices are a bit more reasonable.
You may also look into the cabins (are they open yet? not sure).

jaklgreen

We have 2 kids and started taking them to WDW when they were 1 & 2 years old. We always just got a standard room. The kids slept just fine at night, probably because they were so tired from their day. I am pretty sure that the majority of people just stay in a normal room without issues. If there was a big problem with staying in the same room with your kids, more people would be complaining about it all the time.

MySmallWorldof4

We have rented the Cabins at FW and that is definitely more affordable than a regular Disney hotel room. You also don’t get hit with parking fees there. We have also rented an RV from Greenburg Trailer rentals. They were pretty reasonable. They deliver and set up the trailer at the campsite for you.

Weather_Lady

I'd do a search on AirBnB, if you don't mind staying a few minutes' offsite and driving to the parks -- there are many AirBnB options with multiple bedrooms decorated in kid-friendly Disney styles, playrooms, etc., and some are located in complexes with elaborate pools, water play areas, playgrounds, lazy rivers, etc. Many of them are offered at half of the price of many onsite options.

If you'd prefer to be on Disney property, I would stay in a standard room, many of which have fold-down Murphy beds or a foldout sofa if the kids aren't able to share a bed. When our kids were little, we'd all go to bed at the same [early] bedtime at WDW because we were all so worn out! If DH and I couldn't sleep, we'd step out onto our patio or balcony (where available) to chat and take in the views, while still being able to monitor our kids through the sliding glass door. If you're sure you need a second bedroom to have one child go to sleep early and undisturbed, I'd look into the family suites at Art of Animation or All-Star Music, with an eye toward putting the 2-year-old to bed on an air mattress or other improvised bed in the master bedroom so the rest of you can enjoy the "living area." after they've gone to bed.

The fact is, Disney's offerings for onsite suites are really poorly-designed for families with young children. In addition to the enormous cost, any accommodation with a single separate bedroom (e.g., Art of Animation Family Suites, All-Star Music Family Suites, 1-bedroom villas) generally intends for that bedroom to be used by the parents, with the kids sleeping in common areas on foldouts, meaning there's the danger of older/taller kids unlocking and slipping out the front door or onto a balcony while Mom and Dad are sleeping, and once the kids are in "bed," nobody can use the kitchen/living/dining areas without disturbing them...

(*EDIT: I see someone above mentioned the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. That's an excellent recommendation, and because there are sleeping spaces for the whole family in the master bedroom, it avoids the design flaws of the Family Suites! I'd give them some serious thought.)

Last edited:

pmacb

we got off-site and got to the Vista Cay (just off I drive). A Brilliant place that do suites so everyone gets their own bedroom, its next door to a publix, 2 mins away from I-Drive, and yet a very quiet and peaceful place.

....it may not be like that in the next few years though as I think its near where the new Universal Park will be.

DiSnEyF@n

Swan or Dolphin. We get 1 room with a balcony. We put the kids to bed in the bed closest to the bathroom and hang out on the balcony. Having that calm/quiet drink on the balcony is soooo nice after a long day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom