Where do we watch the Pats game on Sunday?

verybusymom40

Hi Everybody,
The Patriots are playing at 4:30 on Sunday. When I told my husband we had 6:30 reservations at Ohana's, he gave me a look that said, "You're not really going to make me miss the end of the game, are you?". So, if anyone was looking for 6:30 ressies for 5, they're yours. I just cancelled. So, does anyone have a good suggestion for watching the game? I think my husband is leaning towards just watching it in the room, unless there is a better spot where he would actually be able to hear the game. We're staying at the Polynesian. Thanks a lot, Kris:)

verybusymom40

Original Poster
That's the first place that occurred to me, but we were wondering if it would be a little too busy to take the 4 yr. old in there? Thanks:wave:

Upvote 0

Wilt Dasney

Trails End has TVs set up, including one over the bar. The trick is getting a seat close enough to allow you to see, as they're not very large screens.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

If ESPN is slammed try going to the All-Star Cafe over at the Wide World of Sports.

It might be busy there too, as there is a HUGE soccer tournament at the Sports Complex this weekend.

Like others have said, the bars at the resorts usually have TV's.

If all else fails, try Hooter's or Buffalo Wild Wings in Cross Roads (near Downtown Disney area). Locals go there. You will have to drive your car. It's not within walking distance.

Upvote 0

davidpw97

I'd have to agree with the person who said the lounge at the poly. Could have kept your reservations and stepped out to the lounge every so often to check the score.

Upvote 0

verybusymom40

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll check out Buffalo Wild Wings. We've never stayed at the Polynesian before, so I wasn't sure about the lounge, tv, setup. As for our reservations, not too upset. I was able to get us into Le Cellier for a pregame meal. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

darrin933

I would stay at the lounge in the poly, alot of people watch the game there. Walter or John, the bartenders, will take care of you. If I had to leave the property I would go to the Orlando Ale House, its not that far away and it has alot of room to move around. The espnzone gets to packed and is overated. I would just go to the Tambu.

Upvote 0

LuvMyMagic

My husband is also a HUGE pats fan. We had to change our airline ressies around the Pats game in Dec!! We always go to ESPN Club on the Boardwalk. Yes, it's crazy in there and you have to get there super early to find a seat. Having said that, there is no better place to find groups of passionate fans (like your husband). Total strangers will invite you sit with them, buy you food and drinks ect. It really is awesome. When we were there in Dec. there were little ones sitting at tables with mom and dad all dressed up in team colors. I met some great people from all around the country who share our love of the Patriots. So, if you want to experience it just once (your husband will be in Pats heaven) get there early, put on your Brady jerseys and have a ball.:wave: GO PATS!!!!!

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: The bar at the Poly gets my vote. that way if your child gets bored or restless, you can take him back to the room, swimming, or something else!! i dont think you will be sorry!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

oochr1soo

I'd have to agree with the person who said the lounge at the poly. Could have kept your reservations and stepped out to the lounge every so often to check the score.

this is patriots playoff football. theres no checking the score, you gotta watch :lol: .. i would vote for espn club as well..

Upvote 0

Yanks07

ESPN club now has a stupid policy that you need to call ahead for a table in the bar area. No more walk in and fight for a spot. You can sit at the bar with no res., that`s about it. This current nonsence started the 1'st of the year.

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1016

this is patriots playoff football. theres no checking the score, you gotta watch :lol: .. i would vote for espn club as well..

P
A
T
S

PATS PATS PATS!!!!!

27-20 Pats...

Rivers throws three picks
Tomlinson is held under the century mark...

You don't mess around with a Pats playoff game in these parts here...

My vote is get to the ESPN club at 2:00 and sit there the whole time... people say it gets crowded and is overrated... BUT YOU NEED THAT ATMOSPHERE!!! Plus imagine if there was Charger fans... ohhhh man that'd be sick

Upvote 0

verybusymom40

Original Poster
You guys are great! Thanks a lot! My husband would definately vote for the ESPN Club if he were with friends, but I think he wants to low key it with the family. Staying at the lounge at the Poly would give the little one the chance to drag mom off to the pool while dad and older brothers enjoy the game. I'll be very content to watch the Patriots on Superbowl Sunday!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom