When would magic bands appear?

CheshireCat12

So if I'm going in February (room only res) then I should expect that I will get MB's for everyone in my party but I won't be able to book my FP+ until probably December, right?

Rob562

So if I'm going in February (room only res) then I should expect that I will get MB's for everyone in my party but I won't be able to book my FP+ until probably December, right?

Correct. Getting a Band is an aspect of having a resort reservation.
Getting access to FP+ (at the moment) requires a Band *and* a form of park admission linked to your MDE profile.

When it goes to full roll-out, FP+ will probably show up at 60 days out. But the past few months they've waited until about half of a calendar month's checkin days were inside the 60-day window before making that month eligible for the 60-day FP+ window.
Either way, you should get access sometime in December, but exactly when in December is unknown.

-Rob

CheshireCat12

Correct. Getting a Band is an aspect of having a resort reservation.
Getting access to FP+ (at the moment) requires a Band *and* a form of park admission linked to your MDE profile.

When it goes to full roll-out, FP+ will probably show up at 60 days out. But the past few months they've waited until about half of a calendar month's checkin days were inside the 60-day window before making that month eligible for the 60-day FP+ window.
Either way, you should get access sometime in December, but exactly when in December is unknown.
-Rob

Ok so I need to purchase park tix through their system to even be on MagicBand/FP+ for choosing FP+ times, right?

imagination30

we are going in jan. for Marathon weekend , bc im running my first Disney half , and ive been check religiously. on the Disney experience to see when our magic bands can be orderd? how will that work? , btw our travel agent is new to this too so hes asking me stiuff as well lol

Rob562

Ok so I need to purchase park tix through their system to even be on MagicBand/FP+ for choosing FP+ times, right?

MagicBands are issued to anyone staying at a Disney resort. There is no requirement to get park tickets in order to get a Band. I could make a room-only hotel reservation for November, get Bands, and never step foot in a park. It would still work as my room key and room charge.

Now, once you get a Band (which is linked to your MDE profile) *and* you link a valid Disney park ticket to your MDE profile, that's when you get access to making FP+ reservations. (Because the Band proves you're at a Disney hotel, and the ticket proves you're planning on going into a theme park)

The ticket doesn't have to be bought directly from Disney. You can buy tickets from an authorized reseller and link them on the website.

At some point in the future, after the full roll-out of FP+, you won't need a Band to make FP+ reservations, you'll probably just need the theme park ticket linked to your MDE account. The Band would just be a bonus feature, an additional way to access your park ticket and FP+ reservations.

-Rob

Gomer

Well I am 75 days out from a 1/8 arrival and no access to magic bands yet :( Staying at CSR -- I'll keep on checking
Yeah, sorry to say, my 75 day MB access seems to have been luck. I have a split stay, and my second reservation is well past 75 days now with no invite and no band appearing on MDE. So, I got my first one at exactly 75 days, but I'm still waiting on the second. Also of note, I still have yet to receive an invite for either reservation. I only found the MB access because I was checking daily to see when I would have access.

I think until this thing is rolled out completely, when you get access to your MB is purely luck of the draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom