When would magic bands appear?

quirkle

Original Poster
We are going 12/20-12/31. When will we know if we are getting magic bands?

I'm so hoping we get them and will be totally bummed if we do not.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
If you are staying in a Disney Resort you will get them an Resorts will be on the MB list by the end of Oct. People are getting links to customize anywhere between 60 and 30 days.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We are going 12/20-12/31. When will we know if we are getting magic bands?

I'm so hoping we get them and will be totally bummed if we do not.
Looks like everyone is starting to see theirs for December. Ours appeared last week to customize them and we are going 12/5-12/16. Don't quote me but you SHOULD see something online soon if you have your reservation added in there. :)

dreamfinder

Thanks. I'm going to stalk my Disney experience now. Lol

That's your best bet. I had customized our bands, and received them about 2 weeks before I received a 2nd day letter from WDW telling me I was eligible to participate. The letter came about 12 days before our trip......

lostpro9het

This I'll be our second test,on 12/22, and didn't receive an email this time but did customize our bands last week. Our first test at the beginning of October we did get an email.

Gomer

My bands showed up on MDE at the 75 day mark. I didn't receive any invite email and I had not done online check-in. My trip begins on Jan 4th. At this point, it seems like there is very little rhyme or reason to the date they appear. It's possible Disney is just adding them as they work through their reservation queue.

ToTBellHop

My bands showed up on MDE at the 75 day mark. I didn't receive any invite email and I had not done online check-in. My trip begins on Jan 4th. At this point, it seems like there is very little rhyme or reason to the date they appear. It's possible Disney is just adding them as they work through their reservation queue.
I think 75 may be accurate. Ours just came up for 1/5. They must be customized by 30 days out.

quirkle

Original Poster
Mine showed up finally but the CM told me not to make too many fastpass+ reservations since things are changing all the time. I played around with it to get a feel. I really want to secure experiences - not rides. I would rather have preferred parade and fireworks viewing.

Rob562

Well I am 75 days out from a 1/8 arrival and no access to magic bands yet :( Staying at CSR -- I'll keep on checking

Most people with December checkins just got access to their MagicBands and FP+ last week. So if your checkin isn't until January, you may have to wait until well into November.

-Rob

Megala

Rob-
I agree, really wasn't expecting anything until I was 60 days out but the posts above really turned up the excitement level. It will give us more time to plan FP. I have to be honest I hope the actual trip will be as much fun as the planning and anticipation. At any rate thanks for your feedback.

asialeigh

Let me comment on MB shipping...

We customized our MBs at day 60. The clock ticked down, telling us we had "X" days to make changes.

When that last change day expired? We got email saying the bands had shipped. 20 minutes later, the UPS guy delivered 'em :). HOLY CRAP - WDW is FAST with these things. I suspect they are using UPS overnight!

Yep. They next day air them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom