When will you return?

Stitch826

When will you (non annual-Passholders) be returning to Walt Disney World? Obviously no one knows what the future holds in regards to the pandemic. However, what needs to change before you return? For me, there are four primary factors. First, the face mask requirement needs to disappear. Florida is too hot and humid for that. Next, park-hopping needs to return. As someone who goes to Disney largely for the rides, the idea of going on a five or six day vacation and only visiting two of the parks once doesn’t appeal to me. If a ride is down, you lose the opportunity to experience it that trip. Third, park hours should be extended and extra magic hours brought back. Limiting the benefits even further to staying on site while charging the same amount for rooms isn’t exactly appealing. Finally, the nighttime fireworks and other shows should return.

When are you planning your next vacation to WDW and what needs to return to “normal” before you go? When do you believe this will occur?

The first casulty in war is well laid plans.
So no plans to go for as long as there is the current scenario. It could change in a month or it may remain for over 3 years. Thats my prediction.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Not looking good for the August trip, what with Florida spiking so high. Have a trip booked for November also, but my doctor said we would probably have better luck going in August, as he thinks what's coming for the fall and winter will be worse. :(

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I have park reservations for Sept 16-19 (staying offsite) and another reservation next April at Ft Wilderness. Not thrilled about wearing a mask in the heat but I'll just take it easy and won't go commando.

Upvote 0

LAM378

I’m hoping to go in June 2021, having scrapped our June 2020 trip, but I’m not booking anything yet. I’m hoping that things will be a lot more normal, but I feel more and more that that’s wishful thinking and that these changes will be with us for a long time. As long as masks are mandatory, I can’t go. I could manage it, but the 5 kids in my party can’t.

I’m also not booking YC at $700 per night, which is where it stands now for the dates I’m eyeing. I never ever book without a discount, and who knows if discounts will be offered for this year. I love staying on property but there’s not a single resort I’d pay rack rate for, ever.

If fireworks are back, mask requirement is dropped, and character dining is back (probably family style instead of buffets), I’ll be more than ready to go back, even if it means staying offsite.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

After doing three trips over the last 6 years with my husband and kids, I would really like to do a solo trip. Experience something other than gift shops, play areas and kiddie rides :p
I’d love to be there for the Flower and Garden Festival so I’m thinking March 2022. Things need to be “back to normal” for sure. Not only to experience everything but also so the major health risk is gone and I can truly enjoy myself.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With the money I am saving by not going this year, I am considering using some of it to stay at a nicer resort, even if for a split stay. I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary or the Bay Lake Tower. It's just hard to commit to spending the money on a hotel room I will barely spend much time in.
I’m doing a house renovation and getting a jet ski...lack of travel is a little seed money towards that.👍🏻

I’ll be back in wdw when a few simple conditions are met:
1. Decent flight prices return (cheap now...but set up for longterm gouging)
2. Travel quarantines are gone.
3. Masks are dropped
4. Promos or price adjustments to reset the value scale to reflect the severe recession we are heading into...

So any day now🤪

Upvote 0

JTT

I'll go when masks are optional and there is park hopping.
Maybe that will be 2021. Who knows, it could be 2022. 😪

Upvote 0

macefamily

I'll be in Hollywood Studios one week from today. I know it's going to be very regimented and regulated, but our family schedule lined up with next week. We will be very careful and take every precaution. It's going to be a Disney trip unlike any other we have taken in the past 25 years. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Upvote 0

Herdman

I'll be in Hollywood Studios one week from today. I know it's going to be very regimented and regulated, but our family schedule lined up with next week. We will be very careful and take every precaution. It's going to be a Disney trip unlike any other we have taken in the past 25 years. It's going to be interesting to say the least.
We are scheduled in late October. We are actuallly looking forward to a trip that might be a little more relaxed, maybe a little more time to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak. I wouldn't go if it was my first time, but this trip for us will be interesting and different.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

I won’t return before the 50th anniversary celebration. I’d also need things to be as close to “normal” as possible. The masks don’t bother me, but I would, like OP mentioned, need park hopping to be back in place.

Upvote 0

rob0519

When will you (non annual-Passholders) be returning to Walt Disney World? Obviously no one knows what the future holds in regards to the pandemic. However, what needs to change before you return? For me, there are four primary factors. First, the face mask requirement needs to disappear. Florida is too hot and humid for that. Next, park-hopping needs to return. As someone who goes to Disney largely for the rides, the idea of going on a five or six day vacation and only visiting two of the parks once doesn’t appeal to me. If a ride is down, you lose the opportunity to experience it that trip. Third, park hours should be extended and extra magic hours brought back. Limiting the benefits even further to staying on site while charging the same amount for rooms isn’t exactly appealing. Finally, the nighttime fireworks and other shows should return.

When are you planning your next vacation to WDW and what needs to return to “normal” before you go? When do you believe this will occur?

Would like to see some type of wide spread vaccine use from a health perspective. From a WDW perspective, not until park hopping becomes available again, all rides and attractions are open (except for refurbishments), all in-world transportation is open and all hotels are available. I'm hoping for the Fall of 2021 or Spring of 2022.

Upvote 0

davidcyndi

We are going July 25-29 and just booked another trip last night for January 30 - February 4 2021. We are DVC both trips are at Contemporary Bay lake tower. Crowds look so lite right now, should be a fantastic trip. We are used to the humid hot weather with masks since we live in Houston.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

4-20-2021 :). Booked, with NEW Gold Passes (unactivated), daily Park Reservations, and last night? Delta Airlines made the deal PERFECT.
I have to give them a shout-out. We cancelled NOV 2020, lost cash, initially had "vouchers" only good to DEC 2020 :).
We called. These kind folks EXTENDED those vouchers, booked us for APR 2021, and billed us exactly $180 for round trip airfare From/Back To MI. Now THERE is a group that gets it....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom