When will you return?

Stitch826

When will you (non annual-Passholders) be returning to Walt Disney World? Obviously no one knows what the future holds in regards to the pandemic. However, what needs to change before you return? For me, there are four primary factors. First, the face mask requirement needs to disappear. Florida is too hot and humid for that. Next, park-hopping needs to return. As someone who goes to Disney largely for the rides, the idea of going on a five or six day vacation and only visiting two of the parks once doesn’t appeal to me. If a ride is down, you lose the opportunity to experience it that trip. Third, park hours should be extended and extra magic hours brought back. Limiting the benefits even further to staying on site while charging the same amount for rooms isn’t exactly appealing. Finally, the nighttime fireworks and other shows should return.

When are you planning your next vacation to WDW and what needs to return to “normal” before you go? When do you believe this will occur?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Well we fully intended on returning this year but just with one trip vs the two we had originally planned.
Now I won't consider going until the surge in cases has settled down since I live with my parents and I would not want to bring the virus back and infect them. I also don't want to be the one that messes up my region's progress.
Another factor is that I can't park hop so I wouldn't return until that becomes an option again anyways.

Upvote 0

Stitch826

Original Poster
I'd like to book a trip for next year before rooms and park reservations get filled up. However, as I wrote above, it's impossible to predict what the restrictions and limitations will be six to eighteen months in advance (as well as the state of the pandemic). My preference would be to go sometime between January and March, as the weather would be nice and the crowds lighter than the later spring and summer months. The problem I am wrestling with is that that time frame is during the typical flu season and typical lower attendance time of year. This means that it is not as likely that Disney will have eased its restrictions and brought back later park hours and the other things it has removed by then. I feel that summer or later is a safer choice to book next year with the four factors I listed in my original post in mind. The problem there is that I believe a lot of other people will have the same idea in mind and the parks will be packed (if Disney is back to normal by then).

Upvote 0

cjack300zx

It doesn't look like I'm going to make it to Disney World this year. I have been thinking about taking the money I have saved for Disney World and use that to take a trip to Disneyland early next year. I have never been to Disneyland as it is usually cheaper or I get more bang for the buck to go to Disney World because I live on the east coast.

Upvote 0

Stitch826

Original Poster
It doesn't look like I'm going to make it to Disney World this year. I have been thinking about taking the money I have saved for Disney World and use that to take a trip to Disneyland early next year. I have never been to Disneyland as it is usually cheaper or I get more bang for the buck to go to Disney World because I live on the east coast.
With the money I am saving by not going this year, I am considering using some of it to stay at a nicer resort, even if for a split stay. I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary or the Bay Lake Tower. It's just hard to commit to spending the money on a hotel room I will barely spend much time in.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Our May 2021 trip is already booked. We have upgraded to the Contemp. Using money saved from our cancelled 2020 trip and back to saving more funds. Nothing is going to stop us from going as long as Disney's operating. Even if some things arent back to normalcy, we will still go and make the best of what we encounter.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Our May 2021 trip is already booked. We have upgraded to the Contemp. Using money saved from our cancelled 2020 trip and back to saving more funds. Nothing is going to stop us from going as long as Disney's operating. Even if some things arent back to normalcy, we will still go and make the best of what we encounter.
That's why we're still going in august. A restricted day /week at disney is far better than no day at disney.

Upvote 0

Herdman

We have a rescheduled trip for 10/23-10/31. We plan on going unless things continue to go spiraling out of control. It will be tough for us to reschedule this current trip into a future year with current work schedules, vacation time, etc. We already have a Disney cruise rescheduled for May 2021. All of this was our daughter's college graduation present. We do go every couple years,and I wouldn't recommend anyone go with the current closures if it's your first time. For us, we think it will be kind of nice to have a more leisurely trip with reduced crowds, maybe a chance to "stop and smell the roses" in the parks instead of just go, go, go.

We don't think the masks will bother us too badly in late October. We never park hop so that won't be missed. We usually go to each park 2 days each trip anyway so we almost always get to do everything we planned. I think 10 hours per day (assuming it doesn't change) will be plenty of time to experience everything with reduced capacity. We will miss the fireworks and other nighttime shows, but understand it's a necessary change for now. Will everything still be the same in late October as it is now? Time will tell.

Upvote 0

Leo!

I've an "unpaid" reservation for December 2020. Will see how everything goes bf to payment deadline in November. Hope everything will be better with COVID & with my job.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

When will myself and my family return to WDW is a total unknown. We were APs for the past 10 consecutive years and was on and off APrs before that. We cancelled what was left of our 2020 APs because of COVID.

I would like to say we will be back after the pandemic is eradicated and the parks were like they were before March. Having said that, only time will tell how many COVID rules/restrictions will REMAIN IN SOME FORM after the pandemic is eradicated.

We will see I guess.

Upvote 0

Herdman

When there are Fireworks, Park Hopping, Parades, Shows, Dining Plans, ALL rides are open, ALL restaurants are open and I get the full experience, especially since DISNEY is NOT discounting the experience but only offering maybe 25% of the attractions/events
I think you're a little overestimating what is closed. I'd say its closer to 25% closed, 75% open. As I said, I absolutely wouldn't go if this was our first time. My brother is delaying taking his grandkids for the first time because of that. I think each person's reason for going or not going is totally personal. Lots of things factor into the decision besides just the cost. I don't consider the dining plan and all the restaurants being open as attractions/events. There are so many places to try that a handful of the restaurants being closed is not enough to not be able to find some great places to eat on your trip. And, we've never gotten the dining plan. I know it's a big deal for some, but the economics have never made sense for us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom