When will they complete Pop Century?

rcsnyder1

Original Poster
We are staying at Pop Century tomorrow night. This will be our first time to that resort. I know they stopped building the 2nd half of Pop Century after 911. With all the high attendance lately, has there been any reports as to when they will finish the rest of Pop Century?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Speculation seems to be that if the suites at All Star Music are popular, the second half of Pop may be built, but as suites like at ASMU.

rcsnyder1

Original Poster
I'm suprised that they would leave those building half built like that. I'm sure that if they thought they would have the demand for them, they would have been finished by now.

disneydudette

As far as I knew... it was "confirmed" (no press release I believe) back in April of this year... that the resort was to be constructed with rooms resembling the current suites at the All Star Music

Those suites have recently opened though, and I doubt Disney would jump the gun and construct a resort souly with that room category without having more time for feedback and to determine whether the suites will be popular.

I recently overheard that a Pop Century CM said that construction has haulted due to legal issues regarding the contractor. Whether that's true or not I'm not sure.

I also read/heard pool themes have already been chosen :sohappy:

basas

As far as I knew... it was "confirmed" (no press release I believe) back in April of this year... that the resort was to be constructed with rooms resembling the current suites at the All Star Music

Those suites have recently opened though, and I doubt Disney would jump the gun and construct a resort souly with that room category without having more time for feedback and to determine whether the suites will be popular.

I recently overheard that a Pop Century CM said that construction has haulted due to legal issues regarding the contractor. Whether that's true or not I'm not sure.

I also read/heard pool themes have already been chosen :sohappy:

I would hope they finish it soon. As it is, its a huge eyesore and it can't stay as it is forever. As for the pool themes, I'm guessing those would have been chosen well before even phase 1 opened and the entire resort (including the 1900s-1940s section) was being designed...but I could be wrong.

basas

Sorry let me correct myself... i meant announced...

A soda pop bottle
Crossworld puzzle
Rt 66 sign shape

I must say- I actually quite like those themes. Especially the Route 66 one. Now they just need to build the darn thing! But imagine the line ups for the Pop Century busses when its done...

SewIn2Disney

It's funny how those pools relate to the existing pools:

Soda pop bottle = bowling pin (long, skinny and curvy)
Rt 66 sign = flower pool (big, I'm sure Rt 66 will be the main pool)
Crossword puzzle = computer (big dumb square.....can we get more imaginative here?)

Tornado

You can see the soda pop bottle pool in the majority of maps in which the completed resort is shown, I remember seeing it when I was there in Sept.

Pabgo

I think that they'll have separate bus stations at Pop when they finish it. One for the Legendary Years, and one for the Classic Years.

disneydudette

I didn't know there was ever an actual completed full resort map out there :veryconfu

Can someone let me know where to see it

I think that they'll have separate bus stations at Pop when they finish it. One for the Legendary Years, and one for the Classic Years.

This is true, seperate bus depots and food courts etc.
But only one bus stop at the parks is what I'm guessing, kind of what they do with the All Stars. I doubt each resort side will have their very own private bus stop.
That would be the logical guess to me...

I heard a rumor the last time I stayed there that the second half of the building is being reserved for future themes. I don't know how valid this rumor is but those buildings look awfully sad sitting there unfinished on the other side of the lagoon.

"I've got a great idea, how 'bout some backstage passes."

SewIn2Disney

What's the rocket shaped pool at the bottom of the map? Is it a rocket, or a blimp? I'm guessing the crossword puzzle isn't a pool, but rather a walk through area, like the giant foosball table in the completed section.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What's the rocket shaped pool at the bottom of the map? Is it a rocket, or a blimp? I'm guessing the crossword puzzle isn't a pool, but rather a walk through area, like the giant foosball table in the completed section.

Perhaps it's an elongated Route 66 sign?
Route%2066.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Nevermind - I didn't see the Route 66 sign pool at the top of the map. :hammer:
But a space themed resort area would be cool!

I didn't know there was ever an actual completed full resort map out there :veryconfu

Can someone let me know where to see it

This is true, seperate bus depots and food courts etc.
But only one bus stop at the parks is what I'm guessing, kind of what they do with the All Stars. I doubt each resort side will have their very own private bus stop.
That would be the logical guess to me...

If and when the other side does get built out there would be two different bus stops and two different bus routes. One for Classic years and one for the new side. When the resort is done it will have the most rooms on property combine the 2 resorts there for they will run two different bus routes, this is why there is a second entrance to the property off Victory Way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom