When will the line for SWGE start to form?

When Will The Line For SWGE Start To Form?

• Total voters

WhatJaneSays

Okay ... based on both my experience as a Star Wars fan waiting in lines and also as a professional that has to deal with special events, these are my realistic expectations:

• 2½-2 Weeks to open: Early Passholders/locals will start scoping out the entrance, front of park, and any available staging space in park for changes indicating the likely locations of a line on a daily basis. A few bolder individuals will make an attempt to stealth-line and will be shoo'ed away.
  • 1½-1 Weeks to open: The attempts to make a stealth-line will reach critical annoyance mass. Disney will take official action and announce their line plan (this will likely be between "there will be no line" and "you may line up when the park closes the previous day")
  • 7-5 Days to open: People will abide by the "no line" and return to scoping out the area for changes. Some car camping will be attempted and early line hopefuls will try to band together for round the clock checking.
  • 5-4 Days to open: The situation will again reach critical annoyance mass and Disney will "ignore" the pre-line line that has started to form. The official word will remain as stated before, but the plans arranged for the official line will start to go into play at this point.
  • 4-2 Days to open: The unofficial line will become the "official" unofficial line, at this point Disney could drop their previous official word. The people afraid of being disbursed out of an unofficial line will join the line.
  • 2 Days to open: All pretense of not allowing a line will be gone. There are 2 paths: the line stays and becomes the actual official line OR everyone is dispersed. (If the line is dispersed hard-core round the clock stalking begins.)

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

If it is like past events, you could ask the day before and no one will know.
I have heard from three folks now that 8/29 is conservative and previews throughout August are extremely likely, with MMRR also open. They are leaning toward previews BY RESERVATION. The hope is that this will help spread crowds and those without reservations will have a fantastic new E-ticket at the front of the park as a consolation prize.

mm121

What do they do with cars that remain the the lot (apparently) overnight?
Not sure what official policy is, but while i don't think they tow them right away I'm sure they probably have some system to know if a car has been there longer than one night.

Patcheslee

I could see them monetizing a limited overnight parking fee, get August 27th, overnight, and 28th parking for $500+. They would need security and CMs overnight, maybe bring in a couple overpriced food stands from F&W. Throw in a guaranteed entry to the land, there would be someone that would pay to do it.

WhatJaneSays

I believe the unofficial time the parking lots are supposed to be cleared between 3-6 am. I've been told that cars can/will be towed. But don't have any first hand account of that outside of cases where lots were being used for events or staging of course. The only thing I have noticed is very late nights during that window is security checking the cars. I assume they're probably making sure there's no one sleeping in them, along with checking that there's nothing hinky about the car itself.

The security leading up to opening will be increased, I'm sure that they will crackdown on any overnight parking issue if there is one.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This is what I read. They say there's a possibility for Hollywood Studios, but I have my doubts about that.

Given that access to DLR's GE will be by reservation only for the first fews weeks after opening (May 31 - June 23) with those staying on property getting an automatic reservation, I wouldn't automatically assume because there will be no AP/DVC preview at DLR, there won't be one at WDW. Most DLR APs are local and the number of DVC members at DLR are vastly fewer than WDW resorts (Grand CA has only 50 DVC rooms - 48 2 bedroom villas and 2 grand villas).

Both Pandora & TSL had AP/DVC previews, although the one for TSL really wasn't a "preview". I think the torches and pitchforks crowd would be in full force if Disney didn't have some type of preview at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom