When will the line for SWGE start to form?

When Will The Line For SWGE Start To Form?

• Total voters

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know there has been some discussion on the other threads, but I'm curious when you folks think the first people will start to form the line for the 8.29 opening of Galaxy's Edge?

I think the line will start at least 2 weeks early. It happened for the prequels before reserved theater seating was a prevalent. And for many people (myself included), this land is a dream come true. Add in the gig economy, where you can pay folks to do this for you, and it seems like 2 weeks the latest the lines would start. Even with the potential for some kind of reservation system (not announced, but apparently being kicked around), I think someone, somewhere, will absolutely do whatever it takes to be the first public guest into the new land.

So, what are your best guesses?

(I know this is neither a rumor nor news, but it seems to fit with the other SWGE threads in this forum Mods, feel free to move.)

Magic Feather

I know there has been some discussion on the other threads, but I'm curious when you folks think the first people will start to form the line for the 8.29 opening of Galaxy's Edge?

I think the line will start at least 2 weeks early. It happened for the prequels before reserved theater seating was a prevalent. And for many people (myself included), this land is a dream come true. Add in the gig economy, where you can pay folks to do this for you, and it seems like 2 weeks the latest the lines would start. Even with the potential for some kind of reservation system (not announced, but apparently being kicked around), I think someone, somewhere, will absolutely do whatever it takes to be the first public guest into the new land.

So, what are your best guesses?

(I know this is neither a rumor nor news, but it seems to fit with the other SWGE threads in this forum Mods, feel free to move.)
The Morning of the 29th/evening of the 28th. Disney will physically not allow people to wait any farther in advance.

Lensman

OTOH, they could always get into the spirit of things and provide logistical support for people in line - water, restrooms, showers, security, etc. It would provide grist for some media coverage in the days leading up to the opening. Maybe they could monetize the line campers by selling cupcakes?

Opening day of ESB was my first experience with lengthy queueing. I wonder what the history of line camping is more generally?

Edit: Strictly speaking, I suppose the real line camping would be at DL. It seems like a bit artificial to camp for days at DHS when you could actually be inside SW:GE at DLR.

Last edited:

wdwfan22

Disney isn't going to allow anyone to line up until at least after the Studios close on August 28, and personally I don't see a need for a line. I'll be surprised if Galaxy's Edge doesn't open up before August 29 unannounced.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's not WHEN it will start, but WHERE it will start....

Lensman

Will people line up if they’ve already visited the land before 8/29?
Good thinking.

I was thinking that the opening at DL would keep the line camping down to overnight or at most couple of days, but the possibility of a soft opening at DHS would eliminate a line outside the park for the official opening because it wouldn't make sense. They could also effectively eliminate the line by saying that on opening day SW:GE will open 30 minutes after the park opening - or have a midnight opening after the park has been open all day. And wait, what are the logistics of this SW:GE line at the gates of DHS? Is it a line to enter DHS and run to the line to get into SW:GE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom