When will I receive my WDW stuff in mail?

duchess1576

I made my reservation (for 4/23-4/30) online on the official WDW site on February 17 and paid half of the amount owed. I just paid the other half a few days ago and it went through today, March 6. My question is, should I have received my confirmation and magical express tags in the mail by now? Or were they waiting for my final payment before they mail that stuff out?

Gettin' nervous...

wannabeBelle

They were definitely waiting for final payment for your vacation package info to be sent out. Dont expect the Disney's Magic Express tags until perhaps 2 weeks or so before the actual trip itself. Belle

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

duchess1576 said:
I made my reservation (for 4/23-4/30) online on the official WDW site on February 17 and paid half of the amount owed. I just paid the other half a few days ago and it went through today, March 6. My question is, should I have received my confirmation and magical express tags in the mail by now? Or were they waiting for my final payment before they mail that stuff out?

Gettin' nervous...

If you booked a Walt Disney Vacation Package by phone or internet (room and tickets sold together at a package price, with full payment due 45 days prior to arrival) you will receive a reservation confirmation when the package is booked and again each time you make a payment up until you make the final payment.

Your travel documents serve as proof of full payment and will be mailed only after you are paid in full and you are within 44 days prior to arrival. Most guest will receive these about 25-30 days prior to arrival if final payment is made on time. Your Disney's Magical Express documents will arrive separately and normally arrive about 10-15 days prior to your arrival date.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Just so you know what to expect -- you will originally get ONLY a one-page receipt that sumarizes all of your items.
When everything is paid -- you will get a Welcome package that will summarize your information, include a luggage tag (NOT the Magical Express tag, just one for general use), and coupons and things.
Two Weeks prior - you will receive your Magical Express tags, and any special coupons that have come out in the meantime (currently a free-pin coupon and an advertisement for the photo passport).
You will not receive any tickets in the mail -- these are actually computerized on your room key and you will receive it at check in.

Read the instructions on the ME luggage tags when they arrive, and keep that booklet available for your arrival, you will need to show it.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Ron, You are absolutely correct about having the DME booklet, you will need it when you arrive at the airport and you will need the tickets upon your return trip to the airport from your resort as well. Keep the whole booklet with you until you are home again!! Belle

Upvote 0

hedy

Panic

<s>I did room and tickets separately--that means I don't have to pay (beyond my deposit) until I get down there, right?</s>
I can pay when I get down there. Sorry, all!

Upvote 0

kathyjacks

I paid for mine first deposit on feb12 and then feb21 paid remaining balance and first recieved comformation and then with second payment got another conformation then a week later got another conformation and the next day got another conformation :lol: . I wish they would just keep the paper and give me my 50 bucks worth of paper in money:sohappy: .our trip is april 8-april 18.2 weeks ago which would be 6 weeks before we travel we got a welcome package with maps.Then last week we got the welcome package with the luggage tags lol. THey dont' let you miss or forget your trip do they. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

duchess1576

Original Poster
RonAnnArbor said:
You will not receive any tickets in the mail -- these are actually computerized on your room key and you will receive it at check in.

Yes, I know, I remember from last year. I just wanted to know when I would receive my "welcome package". I didn't know that the Magical Express tags came seperately though, so thanks for that info.

RonAnnArbor said:
Read the instructions on the ME luggage tags when they arrive, and keep that booklet available for your arrival, you will need to show it.

Well, here's the thing with Magical Express. I'll only be using Magical Express on my way home. I'll be flying into Fort Myers to visit with friends for 4 days first, and then driving to WDW on 4-23. I will need Magical Express on 4-30 when I leave. My flight leaves at noon, so Magical Express will pick us up at, what, around 10:30 AM? And then when I get to the airport, they just drop us off and then totally take care of checking my luggage and everything, am I right?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

duchess1576 said:
Yes, I know, I remember from last year. I just wanted to know when I would receive my "welcome package". I didn't know that the Magical Express tags came seperately though, so thanks for that info.

Well, here's the thing with Magical Express. I'll only be using Magical Express on my way home. I'll be flying into Fort Myers to visit with friends for 4 days first, and then driving to WDW on 4-23. I will need Magical Express on 4-30 when I leave. My flight leaves at noon, so Magical Express will pick us up at, what, around 10:30 AM? And then when I get to the airport, they just drop us off and then totally take care of checking my luggage and everything, am I right?
DME will be picking you up somewhere around 9 am for a noon flight!!! As far as the luggage thing, you can check you luggage in to go to the airport in the Main building of your resort (by the front desk) and get your boarding pass printed for you. Also what airline are you flying?? If it is not one of the partner airlines such as Delta, Jet Blue Continental, Ted, Song, etc you will have to grab your own luggage have it placed in the hold of the DME bus you are on and then check in yourself at the airport the same way you would without DME. Belle

Upvote 0

duchess1576

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
DME will be picking you up somewhere around 9 am for a noon flight!!! As far as the luggage thing, you can check you luggage in to go to the airport in the Main building of your resort (by the front desk) and get your boarding pass printed for you. Also what airline are you flying?? If it is not one of the partner airlines such as Delta, Jet Blue Continental, Ted, Song, etc you will have to grab your own luggage have it placed in the hold of the DME bus you are on and then check in yourself at the airport the same way you would without DME. Belle

9:00 AM, huh? Okay. As long as it's not 6:00 AM or some crazy hour! LOL

I'll be flying on Song. So, I should be all set there. I just check my luggage in the resort lobby when I check out, and they'll give me my boarding pass? Awesome!!!

Thanks for the info!

47 more days!!!!!! I can't wait!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom