When will Disney finally build another resort in the United States if ever?

cmwade77

I wonder why they don't build smaller entertainment areas. Years ago disney was looking at building in Sydney Australia on a old industrial site right in the heart of the city but it wasn't a theme park. It was going to be a couple of theme hotels, cinema, shops, restaurants and a few small kids ride like tea cups. I'm surprised they haven't done this in cities in USA. Especially now they could put a few simulator rides in small spaces
They tried with Disney quest and it was an epic failure for a variety of reasons.

Additionally building the smaller venues throughout the U.S. would diminish the value of Disneyland and Disney World and they would end up competing against some really top notch regional theme parks,so etching Disney wouldn't do well at with smaller venues.

So, no I don't see Disney building smaller venues in the U.S.

I can see Disney adding a fifth park to Disney World and even a third to the Disneyland Resort, but I don't realistically see them building anywhere else in the U.S., either due to weather issue, not a strong enough market for their demographic or a combination of the two.

Cmdr_Crimson

I wonder why they don't build smaller entertainment areas. Years ago disney was looking at building in Sydney Australia on a old industrial site right in the heart of the city but it wasn't a theme park. It was going to be a couple of theme hotels, cinema, shops, restaurants and a few small kids ride like tea cups. I'm surprised they haven't done this in cities in USA. Especially now they could put a few simulator rides in small spaces

Oh They Tried in Chicago.....
hqdefault.jpg

It sadly failed....It's now a Furniture store....However the original elevators are still there but, have been remodled...
chicago-furniture-store_01.jpg

lazyboy97o

Even after DisneyQuest, Jay Rasulo aggressively tried to develop Regional Entertainment Centers around the world. Hotel, flagship store and some small entertainment offerings in major tourist areas.

Heppenheimer

Although it's not in the US, try Googling "Disney Toronto islands".

And then notice that the original announcement was published on April 1st.

Moka

I don’t see another US park being built anytime in the near future. They’ve already got so many things in their hands with the many parks they have now.

Simba’s Mom

I can imagine a hotel in NYC. They’ve already got three shows running over there.

Actually there is a rumor in NYC that construction in Times Square is going to be a Disney hotel. DS is a bartender in a Times Square restaurant, and every so often, some one will ask if the construction is a Disney hotel.

I know Florida and California will always be home to Disney resorts and theme parks but if the United States had to pick somewhere else to build a Disney themed resort complex where in the USA would it be or would they continue to build new Disney locations overseas? I’ve heard rumors of Texas being a strong candidate of a new Disney park sometime in the near future do you see this really happening or never? Just curious Texas has so much space and a lot of room and the economy is doing really well. Perhaps like a region of Texas where their is a lot of tourism like Austin or San Antonio? Austin is a rapidly fast growing city with no theme park. Houston could’ve been a selection but with Grand Texas coming probably not likely they add another major theme park.

Most likely not. California wont allow much more expansion. And even with the wetland conservation in place they have more than enough land to add 1 or two more parks. Just remember. Every time they build, it costs us 10-20% more on the reservation. Be careful what you wish for.

Lilofan

Most likely not. California wont allow much more expansion. And even with the wetland conservation in place they have more than enough land to add 1 or two more parks. Just remember. Every time they build, it costs us 10-20% more on the reservation. Be careful what you wish for.
Iger and Eisner both visited India and Iger visited India again. Rumor is Mumbai Disneyland in the future. Labor rates are a lot cheaper outside USA, which equates to slave labor. And outside the USA, OSHA is an unknown word. There was a small town called Dubai that was and is currently built by slave labor from men from Pakistan and India.

RollerCoaster

Iger and Eisner both visited India and Iger visited India again. Rumor is Mumbai Disneyland in the future. Labor rates are a lot cheaper outside USA, which equates to slave labor. And outside the USA, OSHA is an unknown word. There was a small town called Dubai that was and is currently built by slave labor from men from Pakistan and India.

It ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT EQUATE TO SLAVE LABOR!

Cost of living in India is significantly less, so the wages paid are proportionate to the cost of living. It may look cheap to what we are accustomed to in the US, but if you live in India it is not out of line.

Disney is not going to pay US wages in an India theme park because they're not going to be able to charge US prices for admission!

Last edited:

NickMaio

I know Florida and California will always be home to Disney resorts and theme parks but if the United States had to pick somewhere else to build a Disney themed resort complex where in the USA would it be or would they continue to build new Disney locations overseas? I’ve heard rumors of Texas being a strong candidate of a new Disney park sometime in the near future do you see this really happening or never? Just curious Texas has so much space and a lot of room and the economy is doing really well. Perhaps like a region of Texas where their is a lot of tourism like Austin or San Antonio? Austin is a rapidly fast growing city with no theme park. Houston could’ve been a selection but with Grand Texas coming probably not likely they add another major theme park.
Never - - - they can barely run the parks they already have.
They are done expanding - - - I honestly don't think we are getting a 5th gate...........Ever!!!! :(

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I’d love to see a stand-alone Resort (ala Aulani/Vero Beach/Hilton Head) somewhere else on the east coast. Cape Cod would be stunning.

We got close to that happening...

Then again, we got close to having an all out Disney theme park up here in the early 90s. Maybe the third time Disney tries to do something big in the DelMarVa region will be the charm... then again, maybe not...

NickMaio

They've confirmed that they're opening the 3rd gate in Disneyland Paris in 2030.
This is sad - - -
They will not add another park to the most attended TP area in the world?????????
MK is their global flagship for attendance and we get a copy of a ride based on an old out of date IP property....TRON <More like YAWN>.

I don't know what they are doing anymore...............

lazyboy97o

Both Shanghai Disneyland and Universal Studios Beijing incorporate their respective company’s overall safety standards designed to comply with US regulations and various international standards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom