Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yesterday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 mths to 1 year

Votes: 15 8.7%

• Total voters

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Unfortunately for me, I haven't been since September 2012......just before they started preview openings of New Fantasyland. And even more unfortunately, I can't see a trip again in the near future, but there's always hope. How long has it been for you?

BigRedDad

I'm middle class, and we go every year. Sometimes twice (like this year).

We just spend and save our money very smartly. We keep debt low, pay credit card bills every month, and don't buy anything we can't afford.
Your middle class and my middle class are not the same. I do everything you do as well. However, most of our travel money was taken when the tax cuts lapsed. $4,000 for a vacation is not as easy to come by as it once was.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Your middle class and my middle class are not the same. I do everything you do as well. However, most of our travel money was taken when the tax cuts lapsed. $4,000 for a vacation is not as easy to come by as it once was.

Couldn't agree more. Just trying to price a bare-minimum vacation at the value resorts - which we're not fond of - with park hopper tickets is basically the same amount today as it was for us to stay a week in a deluxe resort around the last time we took a trip there. It's ridiculous.

Chef Mickey

They've priced the middle class out of annual trips.
That depends on your definition of middle class and your financial outlook.

I can guarantee you there are people there simply spending money they don't have and are well below middle class. I actually applaud you for recognizing that you need to wait to go until you have the cash. Many people just go regardless.

Bocko57

My last trip was June 2015, and it looks like another one in October 2016 (short one). I agree that it is becoming more and more difficult to afford a trip every year now. Our trips are getting shorter and shorter. Pretty soon the shorter trip will be no trip at all. I remember when I could do 2 trips (one long and one short) a year or one trip and another trip somewhere else. Now it is coming down to just 1 trip a year.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was there a couple weeks ago and already planning another trip.

Once Shanghai opens and the initial surge wears down, we are seriously considering a trip there just to experience Shanghai Disney.
Perhaps consider waiting for a few more attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom