When to go in December?

jen2009

Original Poster
We are looking at going for our honeymoon Dec. 20th - 28th. :xmas: We were married at the Wedding Pavillion on March 12. Did not have the opportunity to have our honeymoon because we had to leave on the March 14th to head back. I teach and have only the christmas break off. We were given annual passes with our wedding package from Disney and would love to use them ALOT. I was just curious how bad are the crowds during that week? I know they will be bad, but was curious to what extent. We have been during spring breaks, over summer, july 4th and other busy times. How does Christmas compare to the other busy times? This will be our first trip there during christmas. I want to go to see the decorations. We have gone the first week of January and they already had them down.:(

Any advice would be great!

DisneyJoe

The parks, usually MK first, have been known to hit capacity and begin phased closing between Christmas and New Years.

I would get most of your park touring in before December 25....and then take it easy after that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest time of the year. In a nut shell just imagine a slightly less crowded 4th of July every day for a week. If you can, switch your dates to the first 2 weeks in December. The crowds are considerably lighter, your resort will cost less and you still get all the Christmas activities and decorations.

Jebiford29

The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest time of the year. In a nut shell just imagine a slightly less crowded 4th of July every day for a week. If you can, switch your dates to the first 2 weeks in December. The crowds are considerably lighter, your resort will cost less and you still get all the Christmas activities and decorations.

QFT

I was just there this past 12/7-12/13 and the wait times were low, crowds small(ish), and weather was great. Plus, we got a heck of a deal at SSR.

DisneyPrincess5

:wave:
I've been the first week in December and the day after Christmas to New Years. No question that crowd wise, you'll be better off the first week of December.
Also, if you just want to get a glimpse of some decorations, they're up at that time. But if you're into the craziness (and I mean CRAZZYY) of the Xmas week...go for it!
IMO, the beginning of the month is better.

I luv WDW

Early December's a good time to go, all the decorations and holiday festivities, but without the elbow to elbow crowds of the week between Christmas and New Year's.

Next trip: Nov. 29-Dec. 5, POFQ

mousetime

We were just there 12/27 to1/01 and the crowds were bad ,wait times were almost 2 hours fast pass shut down by 10am,MK was closed on sunday by 11am.But if your a night owl the crowds start to leave about 11pm .Mk was opened till 3am on the 28 and the 30.WE got to ride all the rides on Dec30 with out any wait and got to see the the new years fireworks on the 30 (practice run) there till 330am wife and the girls shopping, the shops stay open till 4am . The crowds did not scare us were going back 12/24 12/31/10:sohappy:

b94ronman

I've gone three times in december - all times were between dec 12th & dec 21st and the crowds were always light. though saturday & sunday were busier and it seemed like that was mostly in MK & EPCOT - so I usually go to AK or DHS those days. the rates also increase around the dec 22nd for the holiday crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom