When staying at an EPCOT resort, how many of you take the boat?

Do you take the EPCOT resort Friendship?

• Yes, to/from both EPCOT and DHS

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • Yes, to/from DHS only

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Yes, to/from EPCOT only

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • No

Votes: 23 31.9%

• Total voters

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We almost never took the boat until last week when it was Florida Swamp Hot and just a simple two minute walk on flat land made you sweat-drenched.

But when the weather isn't trying to drown you on dry land, we walk.

bebert

Best guess, how long is the walk between EPCOT and DHS?
I took the boat for the first time in December and it seemed like a long ride with all the stops. The reason I ask, is because I will be there in a week and am thinking about hopping between DHS and EPCOT on my last day.

Souvenir

Best guess, how long is the walk between EPCOT and DHS?
I took the boat for the first time in December and it seemed like a long ride with all the stops. The reason I ask, is because I will be there in a week and am thinking about hopping between DHS and EPCOT on my last day.
I usually stay in one of the three Disney hotels in between the two parks so I've probably never gone from park to park without a stop in our rooms in between so I have to guess a little. I'd say about 25 minutes if you're walking faster than a casual stroll but not trying too hard.
Taking the boat would take longer because you have three stops to make plus you probably have to wait to board beforehand. The wait can be especially long at Hollywood Studios at certain times of day because there are often more people in line than can fit on one boat.

Demeter Tess

I couldn't really answer the poll, because we use the Friendship Boats "as needed." The walk between HS and Epcot is one of our favourites (we used to live in Orlando and would pop by just to take this stroll in the evenings) so we tend to favor walking, but I also LOVE traveling by boat at Disney. Usually we'll walk to our destination and take the boat back.

wannabeBelle

We usually take the boat from HS to EPCOT. We get off early at the second stop (the lighthouse) and walk to EPCOT. The boat then goes over to Boardwalk. We always beat the boat to EPCOT.
We used to do this whenever we were running late for an Off Kilter show in EPCOT. Much faster than waiting for the extra two stops!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom