When is Balance Due...Balance Due

:brick:Ok, I have a weird question..as usual, a trip I started planning for 8 months ago is not 50 days away. I reserved my trip online and have paid about 2/3's of it. Anyway....after paying what absolutely had to be paid this pay, I have the exact amount due minus about $40. I have no one I can borrow it from and nothing I can sell, so no need to make those two suggestions. :( The trip is nearly $2700. The balance is due October 16. I get paid again on Oct 24. Do you think they will let me pay all but the $40 and just pay that in two weeks, or is my reservation going to get cancelled???? Anyone been through this???

lilclerk

I would definitely call Disney and see if you can maybe get an extension. I've heard of it happening, but you need to call and let them know.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Phone and tell them. Tell them you can pay all but $40 on the due date and you will pay the balance in 7 days (or whatever it is). If you're paying by cheque you could send two - one for what you know is in the account and a post dated check for the balance when you get paid.

Either way Disney isn't going to cancel your trip for the sake of $40 being a week late

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Call Disney. They are very good about pushing back you balance due dates. From what others have posted Disney pushing back the date 2 weeks is not uncommon.

Upvote 0

jmmiles

If you have any options on your ticket like Waterparks, parkhopper, or never expire options, remove them. This will lower your package price down. and when you have the $$$, add them back.

Another option, if you have 4 people on your reservation, remove one. The remainging people will still hold the room for you, and you can add the 4th person back tothe room later.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

Last year my Daughter went 3 weeks over her due date(Boyfriend was injured and off work for a couple of weeks). She called Disney almost daily to let them know it was coming on 11/21,was due 11/1. Thay were always nice but did warn her it could be cancelled at any time past the due date.

Upvote 0
You need to call Disney but I'm pretty sure 30 days until your arrival date is the last possible time to pay to which they start calling you. Because you already have alot down on your trip they will work with you, I know this for sure! The won't cancel your trip because you have 2/3's of it already paid, so no worries, they should give you an extension.

Upvote 0

michelek73

Original Poster
Suggestions

Thanks for all the ideas. I called about 4-5 times now checking to see if any standard rooms opened up to save us a little money...everyone I spoke to said that about 2-3 days after the due date, I will get a letter in the mail saying that my payment due is past due. I would then need to call and let reservations know when I'll be able to make the final payment. I figure, by then, it'll be paid off. I did eliminate all extra options, (hopping, no exp, etc). I never thought to take a person off but I think I would get charged $50 for changes to the ressie below the 45 day mark. So I am going to try to make the final payment asap and hope for the best..thanks all

Upvote 0

kimmychad

if you want to wait till the last minute and add park tickets and the dining package, you can do that. that way you wouldn't have to worry about paying the whole thing off till a week before you arrive.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Thats what we did I could see we could no way pay for the 4700.00 by Oct 21st when my business this summer had suffered the economy effects so I called them and took off the dining and the tickets, all but one day of park and all the room. 4 adults and one child. Then 3 days prior to going we will call in the dining and pay over the phone, and when we get there they will adjust our tickets back in and pay for them at check in. Its all I could do. but now am worrying about the last payment due on the 21st. People just are not buying much yet and we have a Children related item so in the past not a problem but now everyone is cutting back and the orders are not coming in as in the past. They are waiting to buy at my shows. So they have more time I guess. I am still going no matter what come H or high water. May have to cut the dining plan, and pay out of pocket, but we are going.

Upvote 0

marcriss

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but in all the times I've been to Disney (well over a 100 in my lifetime) I've never had to pre-pay. Is this a package thing? I always book the room separately, pay the deposit and then the balance is due upon check-in. I pre-paid this year just to spread it out (thank you stimulus check!). But i was just curious....

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Wel I just got off the phone and due to some medical issues today I am or had to call them to try and extend it. From Oct 21...He said it is noted on my package that It will be paid for by Nov 5. Wheww. Love this economy. really has hurt our business this year. But we are going. Yes, you pay 200.00 down to hold a package, meaning room and tickets and dining. But I am going to book dining on the 1st of Dec so to be able to add it and then pay for park ticket balance upon check in. That way I still get it all just paying it out a little at a time. We did not get the stimulis check so therefore we could not pump more into Disney..haha

Upvote 0

kimmychad

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but in all the times I've been to Disney (well over a 100 in my lifetime) I've never had to pre-pay. Is this a package thing? I always book the room separately, pay the deposit and then the balance is due upon check-in. I pre-paid this year just to spread it out (thank you stimulus check!). But i was just curious....

yeah its a package thing. the packages disney offers are much more rigid in terms of when things need to be paid for, cancellation policies, and until recently passholders still had to get a 1 day ticket with a package.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

I was told we could do the room only when we first signed up, but if we did this we could not add dining on unless we paid for the whole week of hotel plus one day of park tickets for each person in the room. Then 5 days before we came we had to call in and pay in full the dining, then when we arrived at the resort we can pay for the last or rest of the tickets per person for the parks. But it all revolves around the dining plan I guess. If you have never had dining plans then that is why you don't have to prepay more.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom