When family or Friends joke about your love for Disney

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Ok , I'm venting because I know you guys here who have the love for Disney understand....And I know I'm not alone...I cannot stand the busting I get from my older sis about how often and just in general me being a Disney nut..
Well I guess it was nice for her to call me to let me know (which I already did) that the shows "My house goes Disney " and "Disney in my Backyard" was on...I told her I entered the contest they had to be picked and of course that started the busting my chops ...You know it just gets old after awhile, I love my sister but if i have to hear one more time "don't you get sick of going there?" Uh no , no i don't!!! Hay I love cruisng we do that too,But its Funny how I don't get my beans busted for that!!! And In 174 more days I'll get my medicine !!!
Thanks my WDWMAGIC friends Had to vent feel free to do so!!
Yes I'm an Addict , a Disney Addict !!!! And dam proud of it! So what if I drive around with Spaceship Earth Ride audio blaring loudly...Does'nt everyone?:ROFLOL:

jjharvpro

This happens to me quite often. So many people give me grief or just question why I love Disney so much. (mostly friends or acquaintances do this, since a lot of my family loves DIsney too, though not quite as much of a die-hard as me).

I've come to realize that this whole thing is their problem. They don't understand the true magic of Disney. It comes to a point where you realize you don't even have to pay attention to these people, much less listen to their opinions! I will always love Disney, and will continue to work towards my goal of becoming an Imagineer. No matter what.

SMS55

I get some. Ironically enough I get it most from my parents. My mom gets on my case, telling me that I am 34 years old and when I am going to grow up. Funny thing is my addiction is a result of them. They took me once a year as a child. I always tell her, I am married with 3 kids, I run my own small business and have a house without a mortgage. I think I am doing just fine for myself. I work hard and can spend my money how I want. If I am on a Disney site, which occurs a little more often as my next trip approaches she gets annoyed and hits me with the above. I just tell her why is she against people having fun. My parents do nothing to have fun. It is rediculous sometimes. They are that kind of old people.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I get some. Ironically enough I get it most from my parents. My mom gets on my case, telling me that I am 34 years old and when I am going to grow up. Funny thing is my addiction is a result of them. They took me once a year as a child. I always tell her, I am married with 3 kids, I run my own small business and have a house without a mortgage. I think I am doing just fine for myself. I work hard and can spend my money how I want. If I am on a Disney site, which occurs a little more often as my next trip approaches she gets annoyed and hits me with the above. I just tell her why is she against people having fun. My parents do nothing to have fun. It is rediculous sometimes. They are that kind of old people.

And you hit the nail right there about your parents doing nothing to have fun. That right there is what I find that people that knock your love for Disney Dont do anything fun...Before I met my hubby I really did'nt go on vacation:eek:...Yes I know but living with my mom and stepdad we just did'nt and if we did it was like to Cape Cod or Some beachy day trip..But nothing like now with my hubby..I mean my first yr dating him and we were off on Vacation To Myrtle Beach (Great place BTW) ..Then we got Married Honeymooned in Disney and well 15yrs later every yr it still the same time of yr when we go , its kinda like tradition, and I love the fact that our girls who are 11 and 8 love it as well(and my 8yr old oh she's and up and coming Disney adict as as well)....To them its normal to go there every yr....They don't get that many people don't even go there once in their life!!
Glad I have you guys here who "get it"!!! Hay congrats on having no Morgage at 34 have none thats great!!! We're getting there 1 1/2 yrs to go before 40 and having no Morgage thats a great thing, a very Mature thing LOL!! (knock on wood as I always say)!..Hay you know We act like adults when necessary....In Disney its not!!!

real mad hatter

The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Well,the headline says it,I've friends who cannot see what the fuss is all about,I just say to them,seeing is believing.It's like trying to describe the first time I saw Niagra falls,or when I drove along the strip at Vegas in a Lincoln Continental,jaw dropping memories.Well the first time we walked along main st USA and saw that formidable castle in the foreground,the three of us just stopped in awe.We must have stood there for a couple of minutes,then we grabbed our cameras and started snapping away like demented tourists.So to all non believers all I do is smile and say"seeing is believing":wave:

harveyt0206

I hear these type of comments quite frequently. I just feel sorry for those folks who can't appreciate the beauty and magic of WDW. But then again, I guess if everyone loved it as much as I do it would be much harder for me to go and enjoy it. Because everyone would be there.

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
I'm really lucky, I actually get active encouragement with my habit :) I think it is because it makes me easy to buy for at birthdays & christmas :ROFLOL:

Tigger#1

I think it's something in the water....... maybe they need to drink some. :p

There is definitely something in that water you can taste it:ROFLOL:
I hear these kind of coments sometimes and I just ignore them but if someone chooses to push the subject I wil turn it on them and make them feel like the dumb one for not being a Disney lover:goodnevil

wendysue

We just stopped telling anyone we are going. We leave in 46 days, and the only one that knows is the mailman. He thinks it's great!

Maybe we will send some pics back when WE are there, and everyone else is stuck in Northern Illinois doing nothing....:ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When people start busting your chops about Disney go into a 2 hour diatribe about the names on the windows on Main St. They will either convert or stop asking. Either way, problem solved.:lol:

Grumps

I used to care, but am past it.

Lost my grandpa a few weeks ago and my dad had to go through a quad bi-pass a couple of months ago. You never know what the future holds.

Life is too short. We live responsible and within our means. But we will plan for vacations and have no regrets. Seeing my daughter experience the magic that I never did and building memories is what life is about for me. If Disney makes you happy, then you should do it. If people don't get that, then it's their issue.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
When people start busting your chops about Disney go into a 2 hour diatribe about the names on the windows on Main St. They will either convert or stop asking. Either way, problem solved.:lol:

Funny you say that , cause this morning I was driving with my Mother inlaw and she happened to say "what is that"? on the cd player, I'm like "oh that, thats just spaceship earth Ride audio"...Yeah she just laughed and said "only you"! ...

I get this at work. I have background and entrance audio on my computer, so I can hear the stuff I love all day. Yesterday my director listened to what was playing(Innoventions background audio) and said "Wow, you're not listening to Disney stuff"! :ROFLOL:

SMS55

Hay you know We act like adults when necessary....In Disney its not!!!

You're right. I think that's the big thing about me. I had been told this before by ex-girlfriends and now I see it. I am glad that I am this way. I enjoy life alot more. I don't understand how some people think that once you grow up that you are too old for certain things, or can't enjoy the things you used to. I think I enjoy Disney more now than I used to.

chrissyw14

Its also like people like to spend their vacations different ways and appreciate different types of beauty. Disney World is a great and magical place, on vacation I like spending it doing things having fun, entertainment, rather than laying by the pool or beach, Disney is perfect for that.

I've been a more closeted Disney fan haha, but my one friend has been supportive about it, my boyfriend is getting better, he asked why I was soo into it as much as I am and I just asked him why hes so obsessed with sports and going to sporting events

cowanfamily

I have a sister that says it is to expensive to go WDW. Yet she goes out to eat 5 days a week. It's a matter of what you love to do. I could never spend a week in the woods in a tent either. But I have friends that always vacation to the woods. I tried the beach thing(Hilton Head) and was bored to death after 2 days. The beach trip cost the same amount of money as my trips to WDW. It's a matter of what you like. Others just don't get and they probably never will.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom