When does the "Magic Experience" begin?

Chrononymous

For me it's getting off the plane at the Orlando airport, and taking that little monorail to luggage, and seeing all the palm trees!

My mom would agree with you, scorpiotiger...

She has to be in the MK to feel the Disney magic. EPCOT leaves her cold, DHS and AK don't have the same sense of wonder as MK does for her. And she will complain for hours while IN Universal or IOA that's it's just not "Disney".

Graham9

May sound a bit strange, but the magic only begins when we arrive on our first full day at WDW, go to Magic Kingdom, going under the train station and take our first steps out the other side. THEN is when we get the feeling that we have finally arrives and everything starts NOW. (make sense?).

Conversely, the magic ends on our last day in the parks (again in MK) when we come out from under the railway station and take a long look back into the park, just before we walk up to the monorail. When we get to that point, we know its all over!! (sniff!)

:wave:

C&D

For me/us it isn't anywhere in particular, but it is when my mind 'shifts' into Disney. (that warm fuzzy 'that we have arrived', again, not anywhere in particular but when we feel we are under the influence of Disney)

Since we drive though, it usually occurs sometime after getting through Orlando (that's always a pain) and past Universal; after that it's inevitable.

eroyee

If we drive its getting to the Florida welcome center and driving under the gates of WDW. If we fly, its arrival at MCO and seeing all the palm trees and smelling the Fla. air.

Mouse Man

For me it slowly starts when we get onto Route 4 off 95, then it's a slow build bythe the following:

2) Driving thru the arches welcoming us to Disney

3) Arriving at our Hotel always 1 day erly

4) The magic Starts as soon as we drop the luggage off in the room and proceed to head out to Downtown Disney. For some reason we always check in around 5:00PM 1 day sooner then when our package starts.

5) Next morning into the hotel lobby around 7:00 AM and re-check -in and get our cards and deluxe dining plan. We always keep the same room from the night before.

6) Off to breakfast usually the first day at our resort.

7) Magic hits it's peak of truly started when I see Spaceship Earth at EPCOT.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Mine starts as soon as I book a room and than continues as I start planning events and make advance dining reservations. Of course the magic really hits me when I drive onto the WDW property.

beanbunny

For me, it's the minute I wake up the morning of our flight knowing it will only be a few hours before we land in Orlando & then through the terminal to Magical Express! :sohappy:

Rayman

In the Parks
No
I'd have to say for me it's right after I pick up my rental car from MCO, leave the airport and hit the first tollbooth on westbound Bee Line/Beach Line/528. Then I know I'm almost at Disney World. I always head right to Epcot first thing before I even go to the hotel to check-in since I usually arrive before I can check-in.

Sloan

Entryway sign

2273908195_ac836cf20c.jpg

That's where it starts for me ....

When we've gotten checked in and we head to the back door of Epcot and mosey through World Showcase. This last trip we had a TON packed into it and it didn't "feel" like we were in Disney until we walked around World Showcase which we didn't do till our last night there (only there 4 nights). Also we have to go to the Magic Kingdom on the last day - otherwise I don't feel like I've said a proper good-bye. And I prefer for Pirates to be our last ride - walk by Aloha Isle, get my parting Dole Whip and take the last lonely stroll down Main Street.

~Amanda

riogirl

The magic begins for me the minute my trip is booked. All the planning and researching is magical to me!
When I actually arrive it starts for me the moment I see the signs on the highway for Disney World...warm and tingly all over...even before I first see the castle!

docnabox

We always joke that our first ride in Disney is the shuttle / monorail from the gate to the main terminal at MCO. That is pretty much when we start to "feel it"

That just makes me think of a funny experience from years back as a kid going with my parents. I was always a WDW nut and my parents took us every year but neither were truly all that happy to ever go there, or at least, they did a good job of pretending to not enjoy it, at least as much as my brother and I did.

One year, we were standing in line at the TTC to ride the tram back to the parking lot and they were taking an exit survey. One question was "what was your favorite ride of the day?" My Dad was the one being surveyed and he told the chirpy CM that he had not taken it yet. She looked at him with a confused expression and asked if he meant the tram. He said, "No, my favorite ride at Disney is the car ride home because that means it will be another year before I have to come back here!"

I can still remember the puzzled look on her face as if she could not believe that anyone could possibly feel that way. LOL

Epic Epcot

Its a multi step process for me, with the magic gradually building up.

1) The countdown to the trip. "I can't wait!"
2) Waking up at 6:30. "C'mon, wake up everyone, we're going to Disney World!"
3) Driving up the Turnpike, and making stops at the plazas.
4) Getting onto Osceola Park. "Damn, we always get the red light! Eh, what are we gonna do first?
5) Unwinding at the hotel. "Dibs on the TV!"

The next morning...

6) Finally getting my dad out of bed.
7) Driving under the sign.
8) Approaching the park (or in MK's case, approaching the TTC and taking the Monorail or Ferryboat.)
9) Walking up to the entrance.
10) Step through the turnstiles.

Wow... I have a long process, and that's only the abridged version. 0.o

Demeter Tess

My "Magic Experience" is a little different than a lot of the posters here, as I've never stayed on Disney property. Instead I have the good fortune of being able to stay at my grandparents' house just about 40 minutes north, so my Disney experiences have been limited to day trips every now and then.

Every summer growing up, my family would drive from MD to Orlando for vacation, and I remember always being on "palm tree patrol" - as soon as we spotted that first palm tree [if I can recall, it's along the SC/GA border], I could just feel the Disney magic. Now that I'm relegated to flying down to Orlando, it has to be as soon as I spot that Disney Store in the Orlando airport that my heart just gushes with Disney love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom