When does the excitement kick in for you?

@WDWForTwo

It changes every trip for me. Sometimes I'll be in "Trip Mode" for a month before. Sometimes it doesn't hit me until I get on the tram at MCO. Sometimes it doesn't hit me until I drive under the Disney World sign. Just depends on my mood, I guess.

Walt Disney1955

I think when the flight gets booked is when I get excited. Let's face it, you can't cancel a flight, but you can a hotel. So once the flight is booked it is game on! That being said I am always excited every time I THINK about Disney because I never have a potential trip OFF the table. I just came back from Disneyland for the first time and already I am planning a potential WDW trip in 2013 in my head and this time my son who will be two by then will come with us.

I guess for me recently a couple weeks ago at Disneyland it peaked the night before we first went to Disneyland. We ate at Downtown Disney and we went to the ticket booth to purchase the hopper passes and then I noticed how close we were to the entrance. I was standing at the gate trying to get a glimpse inside as people were filing out. After that I was excited like a kid at Christmas time. I slept alright that night but I woke up at 6am and never fell back asleep despite our wake up call being at 7am. My wife said the first couple hours she got more of a kick from me tearing up and down Main Street and in Fantasyland than anything. I genuinely had that childlike feeling inside me. So I guess for me it sort of started officially the night before our first visit to DL.

ZaneB

I have been to USA 4 times and the following has happened each time...

The night before my flight, I don't sleep.

The next morning at the airport my excitement is intense! The entire flight I just get pumped for Disney!

The days before Disney, I get anxious. The culture is so different in the US, I constantly feel like someone's going to shank me.

As soon as we get to Disney, anxiety just flies away to Neverland. I learn to love the US culture and the people.

Last days, I am always sad to leave :(

s&k'smom

I have to agree it never ends, especially this time of year when we would be going it's just a little over a year to our trip and I'm already excited about it. It helps me to have something to look forward to and plan as I have a pretty stressful job, we love to watch our vacation dvd's too and try and pick out something new to try.

ddbowdoin

I think of having peaks and valleys... 180 ADR mark day is pretty fun, then a lull comes, then you get your packet... but on high mountain. Then you're ready to leave, once I zip up my bag and I'm ready to go it's gametime.

crosswagon

When fall rolls around we start watching the dvd's and even the reruns on the Travel Channel and History Channel about Walt Disney World (we watch them like we have never seen them before). I forward all the mickey emails to all family members to keep the excitement building. My husband loves preparing the van for the drive. He plans out his oil changes, fills all the extra compartments with his "necessary" items for driving, plays with the cargo attachment to make sure it is ready to attach to the van, washes and waxes the van and then plans exactly where to put each piece of luggage and since there is 6 of us I guess that is smart. We usually drive thru the night so he takes an extra day from work for sleeping and then when the departure day arrives we are up way too early and I know all of you understand when I say the "insane giddiness" that you experience when you climb in and buckle up and you realize the final departure countdown has begun. All that being said, I just forwarded our "90" day away mickey email with tips for planning the big trip.

pumpkin7

Actually I got a pang of excitement listening to a recording of the CBJ and peoples reactions to the jokes and songs. Can't wait to see them in action again.
I've started doing a planning book. I'm determined not to miss out on anything this year so i'm making notes of where to find certain characters, where to try out (like Club Cool), where we need to visit and things we need to look out for. I've also started planning our 2 weeks with rough time table but can't do much yet as it's still too far out. I want to try and catch certain parks on their least busy days, and remember to get certain fastpasses etc. And also stay to see a firework show and whichever Main Street Electrical Parade they have on when we go (Spectro or MSEP or something new).
And I'm going to take my big, best camera and photograph it all! I can't wait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom