When does the excitement kick in for you?

Susan Savia

I am not sure what is more exciting...the fact that we just put together this upcoming trip two weekends ago so we can attend our first Halloween party or when we pull out of our driveway to leave or when we see the Florida Welcome Center exit, or Spaceship Earth as we make that turn in the parking lot or maybe it's walking thru the turnstiles and hoping to catch Off Kilter??

Spikerdink

Like another poster stated, it comes in waves...

....I get excited when I first book my stay... :D

....I get excited when I have my air travel taken care of..... :)

....I get excited making ADRs...especially when I get everything I wanted ... :cool:

....I get excited filling in my Excel spreadsheet with travel info, reservation numbers, EMHs, park hours and plans/hopes for the day.... :D

....I get excited with Mickey Mail.... ;)

....I get really excited when the suitcase comes out and clothes go in... :)

....I get really really excited when I get to the airport... :)

....I get really really really excited when I get on magical express ... :D

....I get super excited when my vacation is even better than I thought it could be (and it never fails to disappoint!) ....:)

But then, I get really, really depressed when everything is checked off of the spreadsheet, the reverse mail is on/under my door and I am on the train of tears back home.... :( .....until I plan my next trip!!! :cool:

wiigirl

When I first start planning and it builds constantly until I set foot on a park.
75.gif

LowesChevy

The excitement definitely builds over time even from the time you book the resort to the adrs...there is always some kind of planning to add to the fun. We leave next Thursday to drive to CLE and fly out next Friday morning-it is pretty real now. Work is getting busy and I am hoping it slows down a bit before Ieave for my co workers sake! Next week will be tough-its a busy one too!

jimogi

The excitement starts to really build when we get down to single digits then I start bugging my DW every night with " can't sleep cause Mum says its MAGICAL" :D. Then I literally need the car keys hidden from me the night before so I don't have everyone at the airport 10 hours to early:D

GeoDonJac34

We go in October, so for me it kicks in when the boy goes back to school. I never wish the Summer away, considering warm weather only lasts so long up north, but once Summer ends the excitement begins to build.

PolynesianPrincess

Booking our ADR's, booking our hotel, receiving our Mickey Mail, printing all our ADR's, boarding passes... Everything gets me excited in small different ways but when we start packing, that's when it REALLY kicks in!! This will be my 25th trip to the world in my 29 years on this earth and I still get excited like a little kid on Christmas.

Our cousin has never been to Disney but she sees on Facebook that we go and have the best time ever. She been talking more and more about Disney lately and she really wants to go. So we sat down with her parents and decided we will take her next November for a 5 night trip over Veterans weekend. Even though it's a year away, she is so excited. It gives me goosebumps and even brings a tear to my eye to think about how we will get to see her face when she sees the castle for the first time... when she rides Soarin... when she meets Mickey. We will be there for her first ever experience at the happiest place ever.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Like another poster stated, it comes in waves...

....I get excited when I first book my stay... :D

....I get excited when I have my air travel taken care of..... :)

....I get excited making ADRs...especially when I get everything I wanted ... :cool:

....I get excited filling in my Excel spreadsheet with travel info, reservation numbers, EMHs, park hours and plans/hopes for the day.... :D

....I get excited with Mickey Mail.... ;)

....I get really excited when the suitcase comes out and clothes go in... :)

....I get really really excited when I get to the airport... :)

....I get really really really excited when I get on magical express ... :D

....I get super excited when my vacation is even better than I thought it could be (and it never fails to disappoint!) ....:)

But then, I get really, really depressed when everything is checked off of the spreadsheet, the reverse mail is on/under my door and I am on the train of tears back home.... :( .....until I plan my next trip!!! :cool:

Couldn't have said it any better!

JIMINYCR

The excitement starts the moment my wife mentions the possibility of a Disney trip. Then like the rising tides it builds and builds until my giddiness causes everyone around me to catch the infectious wave of excitement. It doesnt subside until I step onto Main Street. Then I finally let it burst forth.

EOD K9

The excitement builds when I leave the airport/rental car facility and I see the "Welcome to Central Florida" sign. It means we are on our way. It finally truly hits me when we cross the banner of the highway that offically welcomes you to "The World". I'm excited when we leave the house, get on the plane, etc., but it hits with the above mentioned occassions.

luv

The planning is fun and so is leaving and arriving. But it is all work, too.

My favorite moment was always after I checked in and unpacked and then called for the car, got in and started driving to a park. All the planning and work was done. Not one more thing was required of me for many days except to have fun. And that was the best feeling. :)

Viva Vic

We are going in early February and this is the first time I have ever planned the trip myself. The last time I went was about 8 years ago and since I was in my mid-teens, my parents did all the planning. I got really excited researching, booking ADRs, outlining plans, etc. Hell, I even got excited talking to the WDW hotline people. I'm sure the next time I get really excited will be when the packing starts and then the car ride! I LOVE long car rides almost as much as the vacation itself.

I get most excited the day before and getting everything ready and packed to drive. I think alot of the excitment starts also when i realize were actually going down and can begin planning

Well guys, Mrs Mergatroid and I fly out on Wednesday for 3 weeks in Orlando and the excitement has really kicked in with just over a day to go. We've been going every year for the last 11 years (I've been going for the last 36 years) and yet we/I still get excited. The packing is done and even though I'm working tomorrow I feel the holiday has started and I'm already getting random flash backs of memories of being in Disney and the feeling of pure escapism that brings.

I've been looking forward to it for weeks but I would say the day or so before mark is where the real excitement kicks in for me and I can't wait. Is this the same for most of you or does it start earlier or later?

for myself and my family, its the moment the trip is planned. like earlier this year we planned in february and went in june, the whole time it was so exciting it was killing us all lol. we had a calendar just for the disney trip the kids could mark days off of,every time they would mark a day off they just got that more excited and so did we lol!

Silver Figment

I get excited as soon as I book a trip but the excitement really kicks off the week before the trip. At that point the trip is all I can think about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom